+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

proof of funds and applying as a family

B

bowldrm97

Couple of questions about proof of funds and immigrating with another person.

A. I meet all the requirments to apply for PR except at the moment I dont have the required amount of funds in the bank but I will have more then enough in the bank by the time everything goes through since I hear it takes several years. When during the proccess do you have to show proof of funds?

B. I would like to immigrate with my partner but we are not married. Can we apply together as a family? or do we have to apply separate and both show the required proof of funds?

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
A. You must have the funds at the time you apply and when you land. In addition, CIC could ask you at any time during the process for proof of funds.
B. Yes, you can immigrate with your partner if you meet the definition of common-law partners. Here's the link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-who.asp#common_law

Sep 8, 2014
Just in case I submitted my application with a proof of funds which doesn't satisfy the CIC criteria(eg. Provident Fund statement, although not 100% sure whether that's completely unacceptable), would CIC return/reject my application, or would they give me a chance to provide additional supporting material at some stage of my application processing?