+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of fund under CEC

sanket_11

Nov 22, 2014
Hi Guys,

I need your help. My lawyer told me that after December 2014 , its mandatory to show proof of funds under Canadian experience class. Please guide me how true it is because what I found on below link is well explained but still your comments matter a lot to me. Eagerly waiting for your replies. please see link below.

Neel0526

Jan 13, 2014
Kolkata
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
07-11-2016
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
File Transfer...
20-01-2017
Passport Req..
05-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-11-2017
LANDED..........
05-07-2017
If you are inside Canada and having a permanent job, just show the job offer, that will be enough.

If you are outside of Canada, though you qualify for CEC only, CIC might ask POF.

Hope this helps.

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
sanket_11 said:
Hi Guys,

I need your help. My lawyer told me that after December 2014 , its mandatory to show proof of funds under Canadian experience class. Please guide me how true it is because what I found on below link is well explained but still your comments matter a lot to me. Eagerly waiting for your replies. please see link below.
Hi sanket, this is good time to drop the lawyer and complete the application yourselves.

Can't see the link you posted but here's something very useful:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=1145&t=29

Do I need to include proof of funds for Express Entry?

You will be asked to enter in your Express Entry profile the amount of money you will have to help you settle in Canada. This is to show that you can support yourself and any family who come with you to Canada, and helps us assess which programs you may be eligible for.

You will only need to meet the settlement fund requirement if it applies to the program you are invited to apply under.

If you are invited to apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program or Federal Skilled Trades Program, you will need to show that you meet the settlement funds requirement unless you:

are currently authorized to work in Canada, and
have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada.
You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you:

were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or
have a valid job offer.
The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer.

All the best.

AM198

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree - you definitely need to drop this lawyer who should not be allowed to work as an immigration consultant. He is spreading misinformation and through his incompetence, he is essentially cheating you out of whatever you are paying him.

CIC has repeatedly said that proof of funds is not a requirement under the CEC class. When you are filling out your express entry profile, enter your proof of funds as $0. The system will still show you as eligible for CEC. When you get an ITA, they will not ask you for a proof of funds. I was in the exact situation as you and I was told by CIC in writing that CEC does not need a proof of funds. If you enter any amount in the field, you will need to prove it. Also, by entering $0, you will not be eligible to be invited under the FSW program (which is probably a good thing since they seem to be taking longer to process FSW).

kvr007

Aug 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2015
AOR Received.
14-11-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with APP
Med's Request
Submitted with APP
Med's Done....
25-11-2015 Passed
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2016
LANDED..........
15-04-2016
Neel0526 said:
If you are inside Canada and having a permanent job, just show the job offer, that will be enough.

If you are outside of Canada, though you qualify for CEC only, CIC might ask POF.

Hope this helps.
to my surprise...

being in Canada with valid job in hand.... under CEC ... I was asked for POF...

not sure why... so I had to submited as requested...

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kvr007 said:
to my surprise...

being in Canada with valid job in hand.... under CEC ... I was asked for POF...

not sure why... so I had to submited as requested...
That is possibly because you entered the funds in the application. Had you kept it 0, system would have not prompted you to submit proofs.

sanket_11

Nov 22, 2014
Thank you guys for sharing valuable information. I am still not have invitation but in next draw i might get it. just a question Can I go back and update my profile and put 0 in funding amount. is it good thing to do now getting so close to draw..let me know