+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Financial Support for my Mom

amnah_arshad

Mar 20, 2017
Guys i need help to apply for a TRV for my mom, previously applied in February for both my parents and it got rejected. i'm due pretty soon and really want my mom here.

The problem is my mom doesn't have any bank account or any other financial asset in her name because my dad supports her financially. Will this be a problem ? because i won't be able to provide documents for her, only a letter from my father along with his bank statements would be enough ?

@Bryanna can you please help me with this ? i've tagged you previously as well a few months back :(

amnah_arshad

Mar 20, 2017
I really need some help this time, as the last time i know there were gaps in the application but i didn't know how to sort them out.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Guys i need help to apply for a TRV for my mom, previously applied in February for both my parents and it got rejected. i'm due pretty soon and really want my mom here.

The problem is my mom doesn't have any bank account or any other financial asset in her name because my dad supports her financially. Will this be a problem ? because i won't be able to provide documents for her, only a letter from my father along with his bank statements would be enough ?

@Bryanna can you please help me with this ? i've tagged you previously as well a few months back :(
I had helped someone in a similar situation a few years ago. Do go through the thread for pointers, and then post the list of documents for your mom's application:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/help-needed-urgently-for-trv-for-my-mom.272947/

amnah_arshad

Mar 20, 2017
SO i went through that thread and hopefully it worked out. My situation is very similar to that guy so im thinking below documents i should arrange to prove her finances and ties to home country:

1. NOC or a letter from dad mentioning he will support her trip. for this i will need Dad's bank statement for last four months + His savings in Mutual Funds which will prove that he has money saved apart from the one he is using for Mom's Trip + HIs employment Letter from his company ( My parents reside in qatar so just to prove that he works there ). Do i need anything else from him ?

2. Forex Card with 6000 CAD for my mom's trip in her name, which will be transferred from Dad's account and we can prove that through his bank statement.

3. In qatar a housewife cannot really open a bank account in her name, so we can mention that in Letter of Explanation as a reason for her not having a bank account.

4. She has not travel history but i'm thinking to mention in Letter of Explanation that she has always stayed with her husband and couldn't travel because if his work and commitments.
5. In regards to Family Ties, she lives with my younger brother and father in qatar so i think that should be good.

6. i did mention my pregnancy in the last application we filed for both my parents, should i not mention this at all now ? because im Due pretty soon and i dont think the visa will be approved in the right time, but even if she comes a few days after will be okay for me.

What else do u think i should add to make the application stronger ? my bank statements are necessary ?

in terms of assets she only has Gold, she has the receipt for those too if u think that could help.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
SO i went through that thread and hopefully it worked out. My situation is very similar to that guy so im thinking below documents i should arrange to prove her finances and ties to home country:

1. NOC or a letter from dad mentioning he will support her trip. for this i will need Dad's bank statement for last four months + His savings in Mutual Funds which will prove that he has money saved apart from the one he is using for Mom's Trip + HIs employment Letter from his company ( My parents reside in qatar so just to prove that he works there ). Do i need anything else from him ?
1. Letter of Financial Support from your dad

2. When does his work permit expire? When does your mom's dependent visa expire?

2. Forex Card with 6000 CAD for my mom's trip in her name, which will be transferred from Dad's account and we can prove that through his bank statement.
Do include his bank statement + purchase receipt for the Forex card

3. In qatar a housewife cannot really open a bank account in her name, so we can mention that in Letter of Explanation as a reason for her not having a bank account.
Okay

4. She has not travel history but i'm thinking to mention in Letter of Explanation that she has always stayed with her husband and couldn't travel because if his work and commitments.
Do prepare a detailed day-by-day itinerary with expense estimates + your dad's financial support must cover the cost of this itinerary, her airfare and a bit of surplus.

5. In regards to Family Ties, she lives with my younger brother and father in qatar so i think that should be good.
1. Evidence for this?

2. What does your younger brother do?

6. i did mention my pregnancy in the last application we filed for both my parents, should i not mention this at all now ? because im Due pretty soon and i dont think the visa will be approved in the right time, but even if she comes a few days after will be okay for me.
When did your mom previously apply? When are you due?

What else do u think i should add to make the application stronger ? my bank statements are necessary ?
Your immigration status + copy of your passport + invitation letter + your bank statement + NOA, etc.

Also:
1. Your mom must include evidence of her immigration status in Qatar i.e. dependent visa + your dad's work permit

2. Any ties to Pakistan?

3. Not mandatory but do include an overseas medical travel insurance policy (not super visa insurance) for the duration of her intended visa

amnah_arshad

Mar 20, 2017
1. Okay my dad will write that
2. His work permit expires in september this year but it will be automatically renewed. What should we do about that
Okay i will include the bank statement and forex card
4. I will make the day by day itninerary but my dad’s financial support should include expense for the trip apart from the forex card ? In that case will a forex card of 5000 cad for my mom be enough if she is planning to come for 2 weeks ?

5. Mom’s qatar ID expires in april 2020

6.I’m not sure how to prove that she lives with my dad and bro apart from their status in qatar or qatar Id’s
7. Younger brother is 20 years old and is taking his final Exams for A levels in may in qatar through british council. He is doing this privately
8. ties to pakistan would be another brother of mine but he’s married.
9 will make sure to include travel medical insurance

I’m due on may 20th and i’ve submitted my taxes but haven’t received the NOA as yet . Is that compulsary ? Also should there be a minimum balance in my account as well ?

My parents applied together in February before this

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1. Okay my dad will write that
2. His work permit expires in september this year but it will be automatically renewed. What should we do about that
Your mom's residence permit is linked to his work permit, right? This point will factor into the visa decision for her immigration status.

How long have your parents been residing in Qatar? And, since how long has your dad been employed by the same employer? Can your dad get a letter from his employer or similar evidence that states his work permit will be renewed in September?

4. I will make the day by day itninerary but my dad’s financial support should include expense for the trip apart from the forex card.
In that case will a forex card of 5000 cad for my mom be enough if she is planning to come for 2 weeks ?
If he has the finances then yes.

I suggest you prepare the detailed day-by-day itinerary first. You'll get a pretty good idea about the expenses, airfare, etc.... and you can then decide about the financial support from your dad.

5. Mom’s qatar ID expires in april 2020
Is that the same as a residence permit?

6.I’m not sure how to prove that she lives with my dad and bro apart from their status in qatar or qatar Id’s
Any evidence that shows they live at the same address.

. Younger brother is 20 years old and is taking his final Exams for A levels in may in qatar through british council. He is doing this privately
Do include an explanation + this is a reason for your mom to return to Qatar.

8. ties to pakistan would be another brother of mine but he’s married.
Any property ownership in her name in Pakistan?

I’m due on may 20th and i’ve submitted my taxes but haven’t received the NOA as yet . Is that compulsary ? Also should there be a minimum balance in my account as well ?
NOA: Not mandatory

Your marriage certificate + joint invitation letter co-signed by you and your husband + his immigration status/his passport + his bank statements

amnah_arshad

Mar 20, 2017
Yes my mom’s residence permit is linked to his work permit because he is the primary sponsor.

They have been in qatar for three years now and my dad has been with this same employer for 3 years. I can ask him to get a letter from his employer stating that his contract will be renewed in september, im not really sure if they will 100% provide that but we can try.

His bank statement is almost 12000 Cad and he has mutual funds savings of approximately 15000 cad. He will be using the money for my mom from his current bank account and just show that he had savings apart from that.

All the bills and everything come in my dad’s name so it would be hard to show that they live in the same address :( just the qatar id’s/ residence permit and that doesnt mention address.

No property ownership in her name in Pakistan.

amnah_arshad

Mar 20, 2017
Your mom's residence permit is linked to his work permit, right? This point will factor into the visa decision for her immigration status.

How long have your parents been residing in Qatar? And, since how long has your dad been employed by the same employer? Can your dad get a letter from his employer or similar evidence that states his work permit will be renewed in September?

If he has the finances then yes.

I suggest you prepare the detailed day-by-day itinerary first. You'll get a pretty good idea about the expenses, airfare, etc.... and you can then decide about the financial support from your dad.

Is that the same as a residence permit?

Any evidence that shows they live at the same address.

Do include an explanation + this is a reason for your mom to return to Qatar.

Any property ownership in her name in Pakistan?

NOA: Not mandatory

Your marriage certificate + joint invitation letter co-signed by you and your husband + his immigration status/his passport + his bank statements
Hey @Bryanna , so i will be submitting the application for my mom's visa in a couple of days, and below are the documents i could arrange: Also i made a new application for her and put the UCI number in her TRV form since the old one was in my father's name

1. Proof Of financial support of supporter:

Letter of Support from my father ( mentioning he is gifting this trip to my mom as they have been married for 30 years now ) should this be notarized ?
His bank statement of last four months
His employment contract ( it mentions in article 2 of his contract that the contract is automatically renewed every year, he tried renewiing his qatar ID but the ministry doesnt do that before 3 months )
Employment letter from his company
a Forex card made for my mom for 5000 CAD, after this card he will still have roughly 6000 CAD in his account.
Receipt for the Forex Card
His investement certificate in mutual funds of upto 13000 CAD

2. Proof Of Financial Support

In this tab i will only put the Forex card in my mom's name and the receipt.

3. Invitation Letter

should i mention in the invitation letter that im Due in May and my mom is excited to meet the new baby and it would be nice to have her ? even though her travel dates are later than my actual due date.
Should i get this letter notarized ?
I will add my bank statement as well

4. Purpose of Travel:

We have kept the trip duration to 15 days.
A day by day itinerary
Travel medical insurance
Reserved ticket

5. Client Information:

This will be the letter of explanation in which my mom will mention that this trip is a gift from my dad and that she wants to see the new baby and tour canada as well.
Address all the reasons the previous application was rejected e.g less travel history because she has always stayed with my dad and could not travel because of his work commitments, family ties back home would be my younger brother's Qatar ID, His admission slips for his exams etc in Doha, financial : we will say that my father has provided all costs for her trip and she doesn't work herself.

Is there anything else i should keep in mind ? and also i hope i'm submitting all the documents under the correct tabs

amnah_arshad

Mar 20, 2017
1. Letter of Financial Support from your dad

2. When does his work permit expire? When does your mom's dependent visa expire?

Do include his bank statement + purchase receipt for the Forex card

Okay

Do prepare a detailed day-by-day itinerary with expense estimates + your dad's financial support must cover the cost of this itinerary, her airfare and a bit of surplus.

1. Evidence for this?

2. What does your younger brother do?

When did your mom previously apply? When are you due?

Your immigration status + copy of your passport + invitation letter + your bank statement + NOA, etc.

Also:
1. Your mom must include evidence of her immigration status in Qatar i.e. dependent visa + your dad's work permit

2. Any ties to Pakistan?

3. Not mandatory but do include an overseas medical travel insurance policy (not super visa insurance) for the duration of her intended visa
@Bryanna

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hey @Bryanna , so i will be submitting the application for my mom's visa in a couple of days, and below are the documents i could arrange: Also i made a new application for her and put the UCI number in her TRV form since the old one was in my father's name

1. Proof Of financial support of supporter:

Letter of Support from my father ( mentioning he is gifting this trip to my mom as they have been married for 30 years now ) should this be notarized ?
Not required. But, it does seem unusual to say he is gifting this trip for being married for 30 years, but he is not traveling with your mom. It's clear to see the objective of the visit is not a gift but to meet you.

Do keep it simple: A simple letter of financial support.

His bank statement of last four months
His employment contract ( it mentions in article 2 of his contract that the contract is automatically renewed every year, he tried renewiing his qatar ID but the ministry doesnt do that before 3 months )
Highlight that clause in his contract + state it in the cover letter for your mom

Employment letter from his company
Okay

a Forex card made for my mom for 5000 CAD, after this card he will still have roughly 6000 CAD in his account.
Receipt for the Forex Card
His bank statement from which the funds were deducted for the Forex card.

His investement certificate in mutual funds of upto 13000 CAD
Does your dad have more finances than this? Collectively, his savings + financial investments are low to spend nearly half of the savings for a trip for your mom.

2. Proof Of Financial Support
In this tab i will only put the Forex card in my mom's name and the receipt.
Answered above.

3. Invitation Letter
should i mention in the invitation letter that im Due in May and my mom is excited to meet the new baby and it would be nice to have her ? even though her travel dates are later than my actual due date.
Not sure why you want to risk another refusal.

Should i get this letter notarized ?
Do check with VFS Doha

I will add my bank statement as well
Copies of your passport + immigration status + proof of relationship to your mom + similar documents from your husband, including a copy of the marriage certificate

4. Purpose of Travel:
We have kept the trip duration to 15 days.
A day by day itinerary
Travel medical insurance
Reserved ticket
Changing the duration won't work. You had already declared her purpose of visit earlier i.e. to take care of you and your baby. This is on record and it will impact her new application too.

Don't book tickets in advance. It won't work.

5. Client Information:
This will be the letter of explanation in which my mom will mention that this trip is a gift from my dad and that she wants to see the new baby and tour canada as well.
Address all the reasons the previous application was rejected e.g less travel history because she has always stayed with my dad and could not travel because of his work commitments, family ties back home would be my younger brother's Qatar ID, His admission slips for his exams etc in Doha, financial : we will say that my father has provided all costs for her trip and she doesn't work herself.

Is there anything else i should keep in mind ? and also i hope i'm submitting all the documents under the correct tabs
Please re-read this thread. I believe you have missed out on other documents

amnah_arshad

Mar 20, 2017
Not required. But, it does seem unusual to say he is gifting this trip for being married for 30 years, but he is not traveling with your mom. It's clear to see the objective of the visit is not a gift but to meet you.

Do keep it simple: A simple letter of financial support
Okay
Please re-read this thread. I believe you have missed out on other documents
yes i will go through the thread again and hopefully don't miss out anything.
Does your dad have more finances than this? Collectively, his savings + financial investments are low to spend nearly half of the savings for a trip for your mom.
The money in his account is not actually savings, like this money is there to be spent in any way, the only savings he has are the Financial Investments which he doesn't touch. apart from that he has property in Pakistan and an account in Pakistan in which he received his pension.
Not sure why you want to risk another refusal.
Okay will not mention it this time
hanging the duration won't work. You had already declared her purpose of visit earlier i.e. to take care of you and your baby. This is on record and it will impact her new application too.
oh i didn't mention in the previous application that she was coming to take care of me. i just that they are excited to meet the baby ( if that's anything different :p ) and the duration was the same as well approx 15 days.

i dont't know if there is anything else i can do to make her application stronger, can probably just hope that the Visa officer is in a good mood :p