+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed urgently for TRV for My mom

tahirrind

Mar 3, 2015
hi Friends
How are you

I need little information regarding the document required for TRV (other then the form) for my mother

Little back ground

I live in Calgary with my family ( Me, my wife and 2 son) we are landed immigrant

my sister is also living in Calgary with her husband ( She has one daughter and also pregnant) They all are citizen

kindly let me know which is better way and requirements so my mom can easily get the visa with out rejection

I really appreciate your help

Thanks

Tahir

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Do check this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5256ETOC.asp

Please post details/specific questions after you go through the above link so that it will be easier to get advice. For eg: the purpose of your mother's visit, whether you/your sister will be inviting your mother, your mother's ties to her home country, etc

Hope this helps :)

tahirrind

Mar 3, 2015
thanks bryanna

as per back ground detail what will be your advice

should i send the invitation letter ( that invitation letter will be general )

or

send the inviatation + Doctor note from sister

which will make the case strong
and other then that what other requirement/things needed to make the application stronger (so less chances of refusal)
how much bank account normally required to show

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Tahir,

Either you/your sister can send the invitation letter. However, if your mother is visiting to take care of your sister or the newborn baby then there is a very high chance of refusal because it will mean that your mother is not visiting but planning to work illegally (even if it is unpaid work).

Your mother will have to demonstrate very strong ties to her home country.... because both you/your sister and your families live in Canada.... and to the visa officer this will appear as stronger ties to Canada.

Some suggestions to show strong ties to her home country are:
a. Family Ties: For example, if your dad, any other siblings, other immediate family like dependent grandparents, etc live with her

b. Property: Whether it is joint/single ownership of residential accommodation or land

c. Financial Investments

Also, if your mother has visited Canada earlier or she has visited any other countries then it will be a plus point.

Your invitation letter can state that you will take care of your mother's accommodation, travel and living expenses when she visits. Apart from this, if she can show a good bank balance (something like CAD 1000 per week of stay) then that will help + funds to purchase air tickets + surplus funds.

If there are any recent large bank deposits then do add an explanation for the source of the money.

You could also look at buying Overseas Travel Medical Insurance for your mother from her home country (to include with the TRV application).... especially the insurance policy type which can be cancelled (you will lose only a small amount) if there is a change in her travel plans.

You can send her following documents:
Invitation Letter, NOA, T4, employment letter, bank statements, photocopy of your PR card, etc

Hope this helps. All the best :)

tahirrind

Mar 3, 2015
Once again thanks Bryanna

One more thing which I would like to add she never traveled out of Pakistan. She got her 1st passport just for this purpose

Bank account will be joints account (with my dad (he still have got job) or single account

Should she open new account ( as she also dont have any bank account)

davek1979

Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2012
Doc's Request.
16-10-2012
AOR Received.
16-10-2012
Med's Request
16-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
15-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
The joint bank account is fine because it has her name on it and a much longer history for them to see vs opening an account and one large deposit. That is something they don't like.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
She must give evidence of all bank accounts held by her, including joint bank accounts.

If for example: she is/was earning either through a job or business then she can give proofs that her income was deposited in the joint bank account held with your dad.

If your mother was not earning/working she can give the bank statement for this joint bank account along with a Letter of Financial Support from your dad stating the amount he will give to your mother for her visit to Canada (which would cover per week of visit + airfare + surplus funds)

If you open a new bank account for your mother then do keep in mind that you need to provide at least 3-6 months of bank statements.... and again you will have to provide evidence that the money in this single owner bank account is your mother's.... and not deposited for the purpose of the visa

Apart from this she can also give evidence of financial investments such as bank term deposits, mutual funds, shares/stocks, gold bonds, etc if she has these.

She can also give evidence for any foreign currency (if she has) although this is not really considered as proof of funds for the Canada TRV unless you can submit official receipts for purchasing it from a registered Forex dealer

tahirrind

Mar 3, 2015
Now in Summarize format

1st time passport just made now ( mean no old travel history)
No bank account ( only father has bank account)
No property /home on her name( all thing has father name)

Below can be used as family ties in Pakistan
2 children lives with her(both are in University)
Father has govt job

2 children lives in Calgary with there family
Her daughter(Canadian citizen) is pregrant

Son(my self) lives in Calgary with family
Letter of invitation either from my from me or my sister
Incase of sister ' letter of invitation will include doctor note

Kindly add/ correct if I missed any thing

In above Summarize information to get visa

A include letter of invitation from my self or sister
B should she open new account or add her name to father account
C if property is on father name should show the documents as it is or add her name in the property

Thanks

Sorry for repeating the same information again and again

Tahir

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
a. If your sister gives the Invitation Letter with the doctor's note.... and if your mother states her purpose of visit is to take care of your sister/baby then there is a high possibility of a refusal because she will be working illegally (even if she is not paid for it)

b. Your father can give a Letter of Financial Support along with proofs.

c. Adding your mother's name now to the property will indicate this is being done only for the visa. Is your mother a nominee for the property?

Your mother's family ties to her home country are strong. Her financial and other ties are weak.

btw for how long does your mother intend to visit?

tahirrind

Mar 3, 2015
Dear one my friend who invite his mother in law as his wife was pregrant. She got visa in 4 weeks but her financial as well as family times was strong and her passport was filled with different contains visa (uk keniya bangkock hongkong Dubai Saudi Arabia southafrica etc)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
That's good.... and like you mentioned your friend's mother-in-law has strong family/financial/travel history.

In your mother's case, only her family ties are strong

I am not sure how this will work out:
If your dad also applies for a TRV as the main applicant.... and your mother is financially supported by your dad for the visit.... your dad has strong reasons to return to Pakistan (his job, property, financial situation, your siblings who are studying in university, etc).... and your mother who is accompanying your dad will return with him.... the visit could be for 2-3 weeks.

If the above is the case then they need to submit a strong case.... to return to their home country.... because in this situation there will be more family ties to Canada versus your siblings in Pakistan

davek1979

Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2012
Doc's Request.
16-10-2012
AOR Received.
16-10-2012
Med's Request
16-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
15-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
it is better if you put two weeks or something like that. The officer that you meet as you enter Canada will ultimately decide how long you can stay. You can always request a visa extension if you don't get the request timed. You will also be on implied status while the visa extension is processing.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@davek1979:
Your suggestion for 2 weeks visit is good.... however, applying for an extension and being on an implied status is secondary at this point of time

All this is possible only IF his mother is able to first get the TRV by showing strong ties.... in her case, her financial situation is nil (she does not even have a bank account, no investments, not a tax payer, etc.... so she cannot prove she has the funds for her travel and visit) + no property + no travel history