+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PROOF OF EDUCATION- CEC- No points given..grr..need help

Tinchy22

Jun 13, 2015
Hello friends..

Something is bugging me..So, I applied to CEC thru EE and now Im filling out the PR, got invited.
When I was applying for EE I wrote that Ive finished university in my country and high school as well.
I didnt get any points but thats because I didnt verify my diploma etc with ETA and that makes sense and I dont mind cause basically I didnt need those points. BUT, now in PR application, they ask me to prove my education and I have to upload 2 documents.
I did not get any points. So why are they asking me to upload those documents? Is the translation of my diplomas enough? They are not asking for ETA. Just proof of education.
Im confused about it all now. Also, Im not the carrier of application, my boyfriend is and we live in a common law and Im attached to his application basicaly.

Should I remove my education from PR application because its not relevant for CEC at all? But Ive already reported my education in application for EE and got no points for it..

Grrr so confused :eek:

Thank you all for your advices

A-man

Star Member
Jun 30, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
On the side of the upload section, usually there is a help comment. What does that comment say when you click it?

Tinchy22

Jun 13, 2015
You must provide proof that you completed your post‑secondary education, such as a diploma and/or degree.

Examples of post‑secondary education are:

trade/apprenticeship
training completed in a specific trade, such as carpentry or auto mechanics
non-university certificate/diploma
training in a profession that requires formal education but not at the university level (for example, dental technician or engineering technician)
a Bachelor’s degree
an academic degree awarded by a college or university to those who completed an undergraduate curriculum; also called a baccalaureate. (e.g., a Bachelor of Arts, Science or Education)
a Master’s degree
an academic degree awarded by a graduate school of a college or university (You must have completed a Bachelor’s degree before a Master’s degree can be earned.)
A Ph.D. (A Ph.D. is the highest university degree usually based on at least three years of graduate studies and a thesis. Normally, you must have completed a Master’s degree before a PhD can be earned.)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you did not claim or get CRS points for it, you can still try and edit the information and leave it out of the application.

If that isn't possible for some reason, upload a copy of your degree/diploma certificate. That should be enough. If the original diploma/certificate isn't in English or French, it must be accompanied by:

the English or French translation; and
an affidavit from the person who completed the translation; and
a certified photocopy of the original document.

All the best!

Tinchy22

Jun 13, 2015
OK, great! Thank you very much for all replies! You are awesome and Im very thankful!

So, they will not be confused if I erase it from my application eventhough I did write it in EE aplication(but didnt get points)?

Thank you

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tinchy22 said:
OK, great! Thank you very much for all replies! You are awesome and Im very thankful!

So, they will not be confused if I erase it from my application eventhough I did write it in EE aplication(but didnt get points)?

Thank you
Not at all. Your application processing in all earnest begins after you submit everything post ITA. Keep only the relevant parts alive and submit relevant documents.

All the best!

Tinchy22

Jun 13, 2015
Thats great..thank you so much! I have so much problems and concerns about my application, Im going out of my mind lol :eek:

ALL THE BEST TO YOU TOO!

8)