+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Citizenship Tracking thread?

erica14

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on October 19, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 18, 2017.
  3. We sent your citizenship certificate on January 19, 2018 to: C/O The Canadian Embassy , Manila, Philippines, 00001. If your certificate was sent to a Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate, you will be contacted when it arrives. Mailing times will vary by region and could take up to four months. If we have sent your certificate to the wrong address, please contact us
Just wanna make sure though!
this means that the application for the citizenship is approved right?

Reactions: Rullence and maki22

nyguy2

Star Member
Nov 10, 2016
USA
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on October 19, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 18, 2017.
  3. We sent your citizenship certificate on January 19, 2018 to: C/O The Canadian Embassy , Manila, Philippines, 00001. If your certificate was sent to a Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate, you will be contacted when it arrives. Mailing times will vary by region and could take up to four months. If we have sent your certificate to the wrong address, please contact us
Just wanna make sure though!
this means that the application for the citizenship is approved right?
If they say that they mailed a certificate rather than correspondence, then that should mean approval.

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
Ok I am a Canadian/Serbian citizen living in Accra Ghana and gave birth to my son and now we need proof of citizenship so I can travel back to Canada with him as he needs the citizenship to get his passport.

I need this fasttracked and have written a letter of explanation with supporting documents.

I will be filing application at Canadian high commission in Accra soon.

What are the chances of getting the certificate quick?

I was told if I have to get home quick all I need is proof of filing for certificate and then they can issue emergency travel document before the cert comes in.

Thank you.

Suhails660

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
I have applied for proof of citizenship at NDVO in India (Delhi high comission) on feb26. And i got a letter from NDVO that the application is received on March 01 will be reviewed to canada office.
Guys anybody have experience ??
Iam Waiting for AOR !! Still No Email !!
Can you tell me how much time does it take to get AOR ??

erica14

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
I have applied for proof of citizenship at NDVO in India (Delhi high comission) on feb26. And i got a letter from NDVO that the application is received on March 01 will be reviewed to canada office.
Guys anybody have experience ??
Iam Waiting for AOR !! Still No Email !!
Can you tell me how much time does it take to get AOR ??
when i passed the requirement of my daughter it was on sept 25,2017, i got an aor after 2 mos. I'm in the philippines btw. then i received the certificate of my daughter feb of this year

Suhails660

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
when i passed the requirement of my daughter it was on sept 25,2017, i got an aor after 2 mos. I'm in the philippines btw. then i received the certificate of my daughter feb of this year
Did you apply outside or inside canada ??
Where did you apply embessy high commission or in canada office ??
Please reply as soon as possible

Suhails660

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
i applied outside canada and i passed it in canada embassy here in manila philippines
Its been 2 1/2 months still no AOR

Could you post your timeline ??

Did u receive receipt for fees paid from canada embassy in manila philippines ??

Last edited:

erica14

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
Its been 2 1/2 months still no AOR

Could you post your timeline ??

Did u receive receipt for fees paid from canada embassy in manila philippines ??
Spetmeber 25,2017- passed at canada embassy manila
Nov 19,2017- received AOR1
January 21,2018- Desicion Made
February 12- Received certificate thru Mail

Suhails660

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
Spetmeber 25,2017- passed at canada embassy manila
Nov 19,2017- received AOR1
January 21,2018- Desicion Made
February 12- Received certificate thru Mail
Did u receive any receipt for fees paid from canada embassy in manila philippines ??

Janjoun

Sep 14, 2018
Here is my timeline. I applied for my newborn daughter's proof of citizenship from outside Canada.

Application received in embassy: 28 June.
Application received by IRCC: 23 July
AOR: 15 August

Still waiting for application to become in process. Timelines for proof of citizenship are rather scarce, but I believe that it should become in process around next week hopefully, as it seems IRCC is currently starting to process applications received up to mid-july based on Grant of citizenship timelines on this post. (The timeline is very different once it starts processing, but I believe it can be a good reference to estimate when the application becomes In process)

Reactions: maki22

Suhails660

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
Hi frnds !! had anyone applied for proof of citizenship. Sorry for asking this here. Bcoz, No thread for citizenship certificate.

My ECAS status :
1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on April 11, 2018.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 22, 2018.

Its been 5 months. Since, Application received. Processing time of 5 months has exceeded. Even it is not changed into "In process". Please reply Iam helpless

Reactions: maki22