+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Citizenship timeline

muralie krishna

Star Member
Apr 14, 2020
Just know that dual US/Canadian citizens have to enter Canada using their Canadian passport if travelling by air. If you go to Canada by land, then you can use the US passport.
Thanks for the info and yes i am aware of that. I usually travel by land and hence should be all set.

Reactions: kd73426

dinigobale

Sep 24, 2013
Hi,

My application is showing the status as 'Decision Made". What does this mean? Can this mean that they have rejected it or there can be more questions?

If it is that they approved, then how long does it take to get the certificate?

Below is my timeline:

1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on October 5, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 2, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on February 16, 2022.
Thanks.
We have the same time line, mine says they started processing feb 16th

dinigobale

Sep 24, 2013
Finally received the certificate today for my daughter for an application with the decision made on 02/11.
Congratulations! Do you know when it Changed to complete and certificate was sent? How long did the mailing take? I changed my mailing address from the embassy to my Canadian address. I am traveling on the 27th, hoping I received before so that I can take it with me

kd73426

Star Member
Jun 8, 2021
Hi, anyone get AOR lately? I’m just trying to see what month they are on. My application was received April 9, 2021, but I haven’t gotten anything yet.

campbell1

Feb 16, 2022
Hi, anyone get AOR lately? I’m just trying to see what month they are on. My application was received April 9, 2021, but I haven’t gotten anything yet.
My application was received on March 15, 2021 and I have't received anything as well. Are you applying for citizenship by descent from the US? I am applying for citizenship by descent through my father. I applied from North Carolina. I saw someone on Reddit who applied for citizenship by descent on December 2020 and did not receive their AOR until January 2022. Maybe this type of application takes longer to process.

tenacioustopanga

Star Member
Dec 9, 2017
i just received AOR this week for an application received in Feb 2021

My application was received on March 15, 2021 and I have't received anything as well. Are you applying for citizenship by descent from the US? I am applying for citizenship by descent through my father. I applied from North Carolina. I saw someone on Reddit who applied for citizenship by descent on December 2020 and did not receive their AOR until January 2022. Maybe this type of application takes longer to process.

kd73426

Star Member
Jun 8, 2021
Yes I’m applying for citizen by decent for my kids from the US. Thanks for the update. I was thinking people were getting AOR after 11 months but it sounds like that could be up to 13 months now.

llivermore

May 14, 2021
Mine changed to “Decision made,” but I haven’t received any notice from them as to what the decision was. Anyone know if they tell you via email whether you’ve been approved, or if you just have to wait until the certificate (or lack thereof) arrives in the mail?

1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on October 14, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 14, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on March 6, 2022.

dinigobale

Sep 24, 2013
Mine changed to “Decision made,” but I haven’t received any notice from them as to what the decision was. Anyone know if they tell you via email whether you’ve been approved, or if you just have to wait until the certificate (or lack thereof) arrives in the mail?

1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on October 14, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 14, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on March 6, 2022.
You just have to wait until they send the certificate or let you know if they need anything else from you.

campbell1

Feb 16, 2022
Yes I’m applying for citizen by decent for my kids from the US. Thanks for the update. I was thinking people were getting AOR after 11 months but it sounds like that could be up to 13 months now.
Did you apply for Proof of Citizenship (Citizenship Certificate)?