+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Citizenship timeline

kd73426

Star Member
Jun 8, 2021
Thanks! I just sent it in. I haven't had great luck with the web forms during the whole immigration process, but maybe this time I'll have a better result. :)
Hi, have you had any luck getting your proof of citizenship application expedited

Mclast

Aug 2, 2021
Here's our update for applying from the U.S. for proof of citizenship. The Citizenship Application Status now says "Complete" and we're just waiting for the certificate in the mail. The 16+ month timeline is as follows:

1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on August 17, 2020.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 21, 2021.
3. We started processing your application on December 7, 2021.
4. We sent your citizenship certificate on December 23, 2021 to: [redacted] United States of America [redacted]. If your certificate was sent to a Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate, you will be contacted when it arrives. Mailing times will vary by region and could take up to four months. If we have sent your certificate to the wrong address, please contact us.

EnverHoxha

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Hello,

I sent my son's proof of citizenship application to Canadian Embassy in Rome October 20th, 2020. Still no AOR ! Is this normal? I'm getting worried Sydney might not have received it. Have you heard of cases outside Canada where AOR takes longer than 15months? IRCC says there's nothing on their system.

macord2k20

Star Member
Aug 13, 2020
finally got desicion made today on my son's proof of citizenship (they havent mailed it yet), originally sent on July 2020 (they say they received it on Aug 4 2020)

EnverHoxha

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
finally got desicion made today on my son's proof of citizenship (they havent mailed it yet), originally sent on July 2020 (they say they received it on Aug 4 2020)
Congrats! Did you send it within Canada and how long till you got your AOR?

macord2k20

Star Member
Aug 13, 2020
Congrats! Did you send it within Canada and how long till you got your AOR?
yes, I sent it from Canada (at the time my son was overseas, he is now in Canada with me, since he was older than 2 years old I applied for a facilitation Visa and was able to get him here, however you can apply for a one time passport if they are younger than 2yr) .. I received the AOR a week shy of 12 months after the application was received by them, however before receiving the AOR worried that they had not received it or it was lost I sent a webform to CIC (stating that I was worried it was lost) and they responded that while they could not see it in the system yet they had forwarded it to "the responsible office" (whatever that was), 3 days later I received an email from "CPC-Sydney" stating: "Our office can confirm receipt of your application on XXXX. Applications are processed based on date received and you will receive an Acknowledgment of Receipt once the application is data entered. ", that gave me a piece of mind until I got the AOR, you might want to give that a shot and send a webform, it might help you

EnverHoxha

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
yes, I sent it from Canada (at the time my son was overseas, he is now in Canada with me, since he was older than 2 years old I applied for a facilitation Visa and was able to get him here, however you can apply for a one time passport if they are younger than 2yr) .. I received the AOR a week shy of 12 months after the application was received by them, however before receiving the AOR worried that they had not received it or it was lost I sent a webform to CIC (stating that I was worried it was lost) and they responded that while they could not see it in the system yet they had forwarded it to "the responsible office" (whatever that was), 3 days later I received an email from "CPC-Sydney" stating: "Our office can confirm receipt of your application on XXXX. Applications are processed based on date received and you will receive an Acknowledgment of Receipt once the application is data entered. ", that gave me a piece of mind until I got the AOR, you might want to give that a shot and send a webform, it might help you
Thanks so much! Do you have the name of the webform handy by any chance?

macord2k20

Star Member
Aug 13, 2020
Thanks so much! Do you have the name of the webform handy by any chance?
it was the standard webform (https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx) make sure you give them as much info as you can so you actually get an answer otherwise you will get a reply asking for more details and their reply time is awful - like 2 weeks (I included tracking URL for the courier, my son's UCI number, the receipt number for when I paid for it online, etc)

EnverHoxha

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Thank you macord! Will give it a shot since it's been 14 months no AOR and I'm getting worried they might not have received it. Glad to know you got your son's.

dinigobale

Sep 24, 2013
Thank you macord! Will give it a shot since it's been 14 months no AOR and I'm getting worried they might not have received it. Glad to know you got your son's.
The call center was able to confirm that they received before I got AOR, they will try to say just wait but I was persistent and asked them to kindly check. Call them nd sat you Re worried and just want to know if the application is there.