+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Citizenship timeline

koeks525

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
I just saw that the proceeding times have been updated to 15 months. Seems a bit more accurate than the 5 months that had been posted.
I saw this, and I was howling for a bit! Wow!

Hehehe a lot more accurate than the 5 months time span!

Really hope I hear something end of this year.

Reactions: Sezar_Canada

koeks525

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
Hi everyone, there is an update on my application!

The site says "Decision Made" on my application, but the timeline doesn't show what the decision was. I see there is an update on the timeline... I am so confused.

Citizenship
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on February 24, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 7, 2020
  3. We started processing your application on June 16, 2021.

Reactions: CharlesM

stalker

Sep 20, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01/10/2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02/10/2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
03/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2017
LANDED..........
July 2017
Wow! It takes more than a year to process name change on Citizenship Certificate?

colind1977

Jun 23, 2021
I applied from the UK in December 2019, received in Canada January 30th 2020, acknowledged receipt of application with my UCI number etc. on September 22nd 2020. Checking daily on the website it remained as received and the advised average waiting time was 5 months... contacted the embassy in London for advice who replied straight away... a week later the website format had changed to say 15 months and dates of applications that they were working through which eases the pain of waiting somewhat... so intotal from receipt of the application to beginning processing was 16 months and were now almost a month into processing... hopefully I'll get an answer some time this summer...

koeks525

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019

macord2k20

Star Member
Aug 13, 2020
I sent proof of citizenship for my son on July2020 .. its gonna be a full year soon and the application is not even in the system, so no AOR nothing, purolator shows it was received in sydney, so they must have lost it or something ???

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
I sent proof of citizenship for my son on July2020 .. its gonna be a full year soon and the application is not even in the system, so no AOR nothing, purolator shows it was received in sydney, so they must have lost it or something ???
no, they have the package but they haven’t opened it yet, mine is same

ars23

Jul 14, 2020
I sent my daughter's application in late July of 2020 and we just now received a confirmation that they received it. So 11 months for our AOR.

amlajune

Mar 30, 2021
Funny thing is...Passport Canada don't require the updated name on the citizenship certificate anymore...just the certificate of name change, so this was a complete waste of time and money (for me at least).

That said, I'm still reluctant to change the name on my passport because what if IRCC actually lost my package (along with my citizenship certificate)?! In that case, I'd have to submit a replacement request, which presumably will require an ID with my full (old) name on it because that's the one they have on file. I've already changed my name on all my IDs except my passport, so I'm stuck with the old name for the time being.

I really can't wait for the day I never have to deal with IRCC ever again...15 months to change a name on a certificate? What a colossal joke.

Amit6351

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Funny thing is...Passport Canada don't require the updated name on the citizenship certificate anymore...just the certificate of name change, so this was a complete waste of time and money (for me at least).

That said, I'm still reluctant to change the name on my passport because what if IRCC actually lost my package (along with my citizenship certificate)?! In that case, I'd have to submit a replacement request, which presumably will require an ID with my full (old) name on it because that's the one they have on file. I've already changed my name on all my IDs except my passport, so I'm stuck with the old name for the time being.

I really can't wait for the day I never have to deal with IRCC ever again...15 months to change a name on a certificate? What a colossal joke.
Passport Canada website says not required but when you call customer service; they say it's still required. I called 3 times in past 6 months to confirm but all of them said same thing. Very confusing.

Apr 2, 2020
Update:
Status changed to COMPLETE yesterday.
Mailed my application 1/31/2020.
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on February 10, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 29, 2020.
  3. We sent your citizenship certificate on July 5, 2021 to: [REDACTED] United States of America [REDACTED]. If your certificate was sent to a Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate, you will be contacted when it arrives. Mailing times will vary by region and could take up to four months. If we have sent your certificate to the wrong address, please contact us.
Can anyone who applied from the USA tell me how long it took from the time their certificate was mailed until they received it?