+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of citizenship timeline

Janjoun

Sep 14, 2018
Hi sselincourt, wondering if you've had any updates since May or have you received citizenship already since it's urgent processing? Thanks!
He was approved on May the 8th and received the certificate a while after (not specified)

Janjoun

Sep 14, 2018
Here is my timeline. I applied for my newborn daughter's proof of citizenship from outside Canada.

Application received in embassy: 28 June.
Application received by IRCC: 23 July
AOR: 15 August

Still waiting for application to become in process. Timelines for proof of citizenship are rather scarce, but I believe that it should become in process around next week hopefully, as it seems IRCC is currently starting to process applications received up to mid-july based on Grant of citizenship timelines on this post. (The timeline is very different once it starts processing, but I believe it can be a good reference to estimate when the application becomes In process)

Reactions: Ace27

vaned

Sep 14, 2018
He was approved on May the 8th and received the certificate a while after (not specified)
Thanks Janjoun! I think the certificate he mentioned was just a proof of citizenship application for his school so I was wondering if his urgent request was indeed approved and how long the process took.

Thanks for sharing your daugther's timeline! Hope her case will be in process very soon!

Sep 17, 2018
Application time line
We received your application : August 9th 2017
We sent a correspondence reciept :August 17th 20th
We started processing your application : September 12th 2017
since then it's still in process please help if you have gone through the same situation.
Thanks

Wondergirl

Star Member
Oct 21, 2015
Sk
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
Citizenship 31/10/2917
AOR Received.
12/14/2017
I submit mine june 28 i got aor July 31 2018 i check my status online once in while but since yesterday i can not check my status anymore anybody here same as me?

destinedlove

Star Member
Sep 19, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
App. Filed.......
April, 28, 2017
Doc's Request.
June 02, 2017
AOR Received.
May 26, 2017
File Transfer...
July 11, 2017
Med's Request
June 05, 2017
Med's Done....
June 08,2017; Passed June 23, 2017
Interview........
Nov 21, 2017
Passport Req..
Dec 4, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2017
LANDED..........
Soon
Hey Everyone,
Wanted to share my in Canada timeline since there's very little info on proof of citizenship application on here and this forum have honestly been a life saver for my sponsorship application.

Situation: In Canada, lost citizenship letter and need to change my name to married last name.
Application submitted: July 23,2018
AOR Received: August 21,2018
Approved and in mail: September 25,2018
Total processing time: 2 months.

Good luck to everyone.

Janjoun

Sep 14, 2018
Timeline for proof of citizenship by descent for My Daughter.

Application received in embassy: 28 June 2018
Application received by IRCC: 23 July
AOR: 15 August 2018
IN process - Decision Made: 26 September 2018

grahamslee

Oct 4, 2018
Hi everyone, I wanted to share my timeline in case it was helpful to anyone. I'm U.S. born (1979) to a Canadian-born mother who was born in Ontario (1949). She did eventually naturalize in the U.S. before I was born but I guess that was of no ultimate consequence after the law change over the past two decades. Also, my mother's birth certificate I provided with my application was brand new, issued by Ontario this summer. It was very high-tech looking, with holograms and barcodes on it. I gather this might have sped up my process because it may have been easier to verify.

1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on July 18, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 14, 2018.
  3. We sent your citizenship certificate on September 27, 2018 to: [my address in the U.S.].
There was no interim "processing" status in between (2) and (3).

I haven't received my cert in the mail yet but expect to any day.

Good luck to everyone.

gabi89

Oct 23, 2018
Hey!
I actually have had the certificate in my possession for a little while now. My timeline is likely going to be different from yours, since I applied for urgent processing and it appears that it was approved (starting uni in Canada this September which likely helped). Nonetheless, here's my timeline:

February 14: Mailed out form
February 23: IRCC received my form
April 13: Letter of correspondence received
April 19: Request for urgent processing submitted
May 8: Processing began
May 8: Certificate was mailed out

Hope this helps somewhat!
Hey sselincourt, thank you for sharing this! Did you submit your application to the Canadian Embassy in the US or directly to Canada's processing centre in Sydney, NS?

gabi89

Oct 23, 2018
Hi everyone, I wanted to share my timeline in case it was helpful to anyone. I'm U.S. born (1979) to a Canadian-born mother who was born in Ontario (1949). She did eventually naturalize in the U.S. before I was born but I guess that was of no ultimate consequence after the law change over the past two decades. Also, my mother's birth certificate I provided with my application was brand new, issued by Ontario this summer. It was very high-tech looking, with holograms and barcodes on it. I gather this might have sped up my process because it may have been easier to verify.

1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on July 18, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 14, 2018.
  3. We sent your citizenship certificate on September 27, 2018 to: [my address in the U.S.].
There was no interim "processing" status in between (2) and (3).

I haven't received my cert in the mail yet but expect to any day.

Good luck to everyone.
Hey grahamslee, thank you for sharing this! Did you submit your application to the Canadian Embassy in the US or directly to Canada's processing centre in Sydney, NS?

grahamslee

Oct 4, 2018
Hey grahamslee, thank you for sharing this! Did you submit your application to the Canadian Embassy in the US or directly to Canada's processing centre in Sydney, NS?
Hi there -
I sent my application overnight UPS service to Sydney, NS.

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Submitted my application through the Canadian Embassy in Manila - 28 November 2018

Received an Email UCI & Application Number - 28 January 2019

Not sure though how long it stayed in the Embassy before they had it couriered to Nova Scotia.

Triol80t

Sep 6, 2018
Dear All, Please I need your assistance. I received AOR on 15 August. I am a first generation born abroad in 1980. I am wondering if this application should take so long a time. I don't know if I should contact IRCC via the webform or still wait. I would appreciate your response. Regard

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
1. Did you change ur name or birthdate?
2. Were the docs submitted in your application in english? Were they all clear and easy to be read?
3. Did you apply as minor? Or submitted application as group with minor?
4. Have you received any correspondence that your application was sent to Program support Unit?

I am also a 1st gen born. My father was naturalized in 1980. I was born in 1986.

Sumitted my application through the philippine embassy on nov 28 2018. Per CIC site, Application received on dec 18 2018. They acknowledged receipt on Jan 28 2019.

This is rather scary.