+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Profile Ineligible on Applying for EE

naureen8

Oct 17, 2018
Dubai
Category........
CEC
Hello,

I just finished creating my profile on Canada.ca and submitted application, but immediately after submitting, I received an email saying that my profile is ineligible for EE under FSW program.

"Below are a few examples of why a candidate will be found ineligible:

• not having a valid language test,

• language test results that are more than two years old,

• a language test score that is too low,

• not having enough relevant work experience,

• not having the required education level,

• not having enough funds."

I have a valid language test - IELTS ( L- 8.5, S - 8.5, R - 8, W -7.5 = 8), I took it last month. Additionally, I have a WES evaluation that says my degree is equivalent to a Canadian Bachelors degree of 4 years. I am 24 yrs, Female, Never married/single - with almost two years work experience. My work experience was 9 months as Marketing executive at company 1, and then 12 months as Marketing executive at company 2 with a 4 months gap in between.
Please tell me what am I doing wrong and how can I fix this????

Last edited:

roysanchez

Sep 30, 2018
NOC Code......
Hello,

I just finished creating my profile on Canada.ca and submitted application, but immediately after submitting, I received an email saying that my profile is ineligible for EE under FSW program.

I have a valid language test - IELTS ( L- 8.5, S - 8.5, R - 8, W -7.5 = 8), I took it last month. Additionally, I have a WES evaluation that says my degree is equivalent to a Canadian Bachelors degree of 4 years. I am 24 yrs, Female, with almost 2 years work experience. My work experience was 9 months as Marketing executive at company 1, and then 12 months as Marketing executive at company 2 with a 4 months gap in between.
How much funds did you say you had available?

Check here to see if you have the right amount for the number of family members.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

iamhammad

Oct 14, 2017
Hello,

I have a valid language test - IELTS ( L- 8.5, S - 8.5, R - 8, W -7.5 = 8), I took it last month. Additionally, I have a WES evaluation that says my degree is equivalent to a Canadian Bachelors degree of 4 years. I am 24 yrs, Female, with almost 2 years work experience. My work experience was 9 months as Marketing executive at company 1, and then 12 months as Marketing executive at company 2 with a 4 months gap in between.
What is the NOC you have selected for your work experience?

iamhammad

Oct 14, 2017
Please check your scores using the below link. These are the minimum eligibility requirements. If I do the calculation for you the score comes to 66 whereas minimum required is 67. I may be missing something so you give it a try and I’m case it’s still 66, you will have to wait till you complete 2 years of work experience to claim additional points.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html

naureen8

Oct 17, 2018
Dubai
Category........
CEC
Please check your scores using the below link. These are the minimum eligibility requirements. If I do the calculation for you the score comes to 66 whereas minimum required is 67. I may be missing something so you give it a try and I’m case it’s still 66, you will have to wait till you complete 2 years of work experience to claim additional points.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html
Yes, It's coming to 66 pts, because I don't think I can claim the 9 months that I worked at my first job. Is there any other way I can increase this score?

Also, can I apply for British Columbia PNP still or I'll have to wait a year for that too?

iamhammad

Oct 14, 2017
Yes, It's coming to 66 pts, because I don't think I can claim the 9 months that I worked at my first job. Is there any other way I can increase this score?

Also, can I apply for British Columbia PNP still or I'll have to wait a year for that too?
Your 9 months do count, and you need another 3 months work experience to claim additional 2 points for 2+ Years work experience following which you will qualify for the program.

Reactions: naureen8

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......

Work for 3 more months and you'll be eligible. You'll have two more points for 2 years of experience instead of just 1.
However, you'll have to include these two experience in your work history section in your EE profile. The consequence of this will to upload a reference letter for that experience. Make sure you can get one from both your employers.

naureen8

Oct 17, 2018
Dubai
Category........
CEC
Your 9 months do count, and you need another 3 months work experience to claim additional 2 points for 2+ Years work experience following which you will qualify for the program.
Awesome! Thank you so much! :) Will I have to create a new account then?

Also, if they ask me if I have created an account before , what should I do?

naureen8

Oct 17, 2018
Dubai
Category........
CEC
Work for 3 more months and you'll be eligible. You'll have two more points for 2 years of experience instead of just 1.
However, you'll have to include these two experience in your work history section in your EE profile. The consequence of this will to upload a reference letter for that experience. Make sure you can get one from both your employers.
Perfect! Thank you! I'll do that - I'll apply after 3 months then!! Will I have to create a new account then?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Perfect! Thank you! I'll do that - I'll apply after 3 months then!! Will I have to create a new account then?
No need to create a new account.
Same account, just a different EE profile. As soon as you hit the 2 year mark, you'll get 68 points (minimum is 67), and then you submit the profile.
I stress again the importance of reference letters for both employers in your case:
Because you'll have to enter both experiences in your EE profile to be eligible, an upload field will be generated for each experience. If you don't include both references, officer will only give you eligibility points for 1 year, pull you back to 66pts, and therefore render you ineligible. Careful...