+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing Times for French Immersion for New Immigrants

foggline

Aug 9, 2018
Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone can give me information on average processing times for applications for full-time French immersion courses (with financial aid / stipend). I applied in early August (almost 4 months ago) and took the language aptitude test two months ago. I called a couple of weeks ago to see if I could get more information on processing times and when classes might start. The woman was really rude and said "MA'AM: you'll receive an email when we have any new information!" This is really ridiculous to me that they can keep people in limbo for so long and provide no information to least average processing times. I'm applying and interviewing for jobs and am wondering whether to accept if I receive an offer or hold out in the hopes that language courses start soon?! In the long run, in terms of future prospects, it will be essential to improve my French, but I can't wait around forever!

For those of you who applied for full-time language courses with monthly financial aid / a stipend: How long did you wait before being placed in a class? How much notice did they give you (I'm hoping a few weeks at least?)? And, if the start date didn't work for you, were you able to request starting at a later date or would that mean submitting a whole new application?

My friends who applied as regular permanent residents- not in the new immigrant category- all seemed to have heard back and started classes within a month or so!

Feeling very frustrated....

Thanks again for all the knowledge sharing and support that happens here! Very glad this forums exists!