+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing times at CIC web site

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alabaman said:
Is there anything we can do about all these crap? Or we just take what ever the govt. throws at us??
Not really and Yes.

arron

Star Member
Oct 27, 2010
You can always write to this guy;

The Honourable Jason Kenney, P.C., M.P.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 1L1

waitingintz

Jul 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2010
Doc's Request.
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
28-09-2010
File Transfer...
24-08-2010
Med's Done....
22-06-2010
Interview........
waived!!
Passport Req..
16-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22/02/2011
LANDED..........
19-5-2011 (hopefully!)
Ok... I have to say I really think we all need to not let these new numbers bother us. I also paniced a little when I saw the new numbers but we need to remember that this forum is full of people who's applications have been processed in way less than even the lowest timeline. The numbers they've posted really don't seem to reflect the experience of the majority of people. And after giving it a little more thought, I figure that the fact that some applications are taking longer doesn't mean that all or even most applications are. If we want to be positive about it, we can assume it means that some of the more complicated applications are being processed longer rather than just being rejected.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
I think all of you are reading way too much into it.
As stated before, they are only listing how long it could take to process 80 percent of the applications. They used to state how long it would take for 30%, 50%, 70% and 80%. Now it is ONLY listing the 80%. The rest of those numbers are staying the same. Processing times did not go up. I think Buffalos might have went up by 1 month.

Just an example of what Buffalos used to say:
| 30% | | 50% | | 70% | | 80% |
4 months 6 months 8 months 10 months

Now it is saying that 80% of Buffalos applications will be finished in 11 months. It only went up by one month. And as you can tell, processing is still going fast for most places such as Buffalo and London whom most are receiving PPR in 2-4 months. If the processing times were going up, don't you think we would have felt some effects of it by now?

Also for those inlanders stressing about the 2 stages both taking 9 months. Well first of all the CIC site, processing manuals, and the inland guide all have stated for YEARS that the whole process can take 12-18 months for finalization. I don't understand where the sudden shock comes from. I still believe though that 2nd stage will depend upon your own circumstances as to whether it takes a long time or not. Examples such as: Have you lived in several countries for long periods?, Have you had several jobs?, Did you have a government or military position? These are just a few of the things that MAY cause longer processing of the 2nd stage. Some people may have total completion in 9 months and others in 2-3 years. Either way we have no control over it and whether we like it or not, we just have to wait. I think that as many have stated that they are just trying to state an estimated time so that people in the 2nd stage do not block the CIC hotline asking how much longer it will take (which understandably by that point you are ready for PR so you want to know already) but I think that they are trying to free it up for more important questions.

I don't know about anyone else but I would rather hear the latest it can possibly take and then be pleasantly surprised when it doesn't take near as long as stated. Anyway, sorry for the extremely long message but I hope this helps all of you see a different light to the situation. Good luck to all of you.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young I agree 100% with your post.

I should have offered far more information in the earlier posts.

Hey folks, sorry, and ... DON'T PANIC !