+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of TRV outside CANADA

Sara_21

Mar 16, 2024
I’m in similar situation i had to travel for an emergency to India i have an approved pgwp but i didn’t get the physical work permit but I applied for trv on approval letter and I’m still waiting for 20 days
Hi Adnan, any update on your application? I am in the same situation as yours.

Sukhvir khosa

Feb 12, 2024
Not necessarily. There is no ”law”. You are responsible for a complete and truthful application. So if officer reviewed your file before webform was received by the officer, then it is misrepresentation. You need to overcome PFL first, and not worry about visa stamping. Not sure what MP can do.

Sara_21

Mar 16, 2024
Did you apply for TRV without physical work permit?
I have a valid study permit and I made the application for TRV from India on feb 18th. I wonder how long that's going to take! How about you? When did you make your application?

Adnan2110

Feb 6, 2024
I have a valid study permit and I made the application for TRV from India on feb 18th. I wonder how long that's going to take! How about you? When did you make your application?
It doesn’t take much long. I’m waiting for my physical copy of permit to apply for TRV. previously I applied without it but I did mistake in one of the forms so they refused it for filling wrong information. That’s why I don’t want to take risk this time. I’ll attach my physical work permit this time.

Sara_21

Mar 16, 2024
It doesn’t take much long. I’m waiting for my physical copy of permit to apply for TRV. previously I applied without it but I did mistake in one of the forms so they refused it for filling wrong information. That’s why I don’t want to take risk this time. I’ll attach my physical work permit this time.
Thank you for replying. If you don't mind I would like to know, how long did it take for them to reply back? I have come across forums where people have been waiting since 4 months in order to get TRV, which is making me anxious.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for replying. If you don't mind I would like to know, how long did it take for them to reply back? I have come across forums where people have been waiting since 4 months in order to get TRV, which is making me anxious.
There have been a few people from India on a study permit who returned to India with an expired TRV. As of end of February that person had been waiting since November, so 3 months. Don’t know outcome. Need to make plans with your school if you are missing classes.

Sara_21

Mar 16, 2024
There have been a few people from India on a study permit who returned to India with an expired TRV. As of end of February that person had been waiting since November, so 3 months. Don’t know outcome. Need to make plans with your school if you are missing classes.
Thanks! does it happen with every application? Since, the processing time for TRV is 27 days on the website.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks! does it happen with every application? Since, the processing time for TRV is 27 days on the website.
27 days is an estimate and states it is when “most” not all are processed by. IRCC doesn’t define what “most“ means. I would say “most” are not processed within the posted processing times. There is no expedited processing and your application goes into the queue with all TRVs and doesn’t matter if you have a study permit. Hopefully you will get an answer soon especially if your eligibility and background is completed.

Adnan2110

Feb 6, 2024
You should try calling Ircc and ask them about your status and timeline.