+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of TRV outside CANADA

Harsh7090

May 24, 2023
Hello everyone, I need an expert opinion on this matter.

Due to a family emergency, I had to leave Canada on my expired TRV with a valid PGWP. As of today, it has been more than 30 days since I submitted my application for TRV in India. The processing time shows 32 days. I don't know how long it will take. Not able to find someone with the same case as mine but in some of the cases, I'm seeing people on their PR waiting for their TRV for more than 200 days and I don't know if the processing time for TRV in general is the same or different. can someone help me with this?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello everyone, I need an expert opinion on this matter.

Due to a family emergency, I had to leave Canada on my expired TRV with a valid PGWP. As of today, it has been more than 30 days since I submitted my application for TRV in India. The processing time shows 32 days. I don't know how long it will take. Not able to find someone with the same case as mine but in some of the cases, I'm seeing people on their PR waiting for their TRV for more than 200 days and I don't know if the processing time for TRV in general is the same or different. can someone help me with this?
Processing times that are shown are country specific, that's why you enter your country you are applying from. What's happening in other countries is very unlikely to have an effect on your time. Remember, the times shown are average not a hard number of days for it to be processed.

Adnan2110

Feb 6, 2024
I’m in similar situation i had to travel for an emergency to India i have an approved pgwp but i didn’t get the physical work permit but I applied for trv on approval letter and I’m still waiting for 20 days

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I’m in similar situation i had to travel for an emergency to India i have an approved pgwp but i didn’t get the physical work permit but I applied for trv on approval letter and I’m still waiting for 20 days
If you applied for TRV from India, you are within processing times. PGWP doesn’t expedite application. Some people on this forum, are in your situation and have been waiting since November.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Sukhvir khosa

Feb 12, 2024
I had applied TRV from India because of emergency I came to visit India but I had PGWP from Canada and waiting TRV. After applying file, I raised a webform that I had USA REFUSAL which I forgot while applying. After 20 days, I got PFL and they asked me about this. But, I gave my justification that I already told you about my refusal while raising webform and showed my genuineness. And within 4 days I gave my to this justification. After that it's been one month and 7 days. I'm waiting for passport request. How much time it will take after PFL, and should I be worried because of PFL or not as I already told them while raising webform before PFL.

Adnan2110

Feb 6, 2024
I had applied TRV from India because of emergency I came to visit India but I had PGWP from Canada and waiting TRV. After applying file, I raised a webform that I had USA REFUSAL which I forgot while applying. After 20 days, I got PFL and they asked me about this. But, I gave my justification that I already told you about my refusal while raising webform and showed my genuineness. And within 4 days I gave my to this justification. After that it's been one month and 7 days. I'm waiting for passport request. How much time it will take after PFL, and should I be worried because of PFL or not as I already told them while raising webform before PFL.
I’m in similar situation brother can i get your WhatsApp number so we can chat and help each other.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
There are no timelines for PFL responses. It can be weeks or months. You responded to the PFL and explained the refusal? First step is not PPR but having PFL overturned.

Sukhvir khosa

Feb 12, 2024
I had already raised a webform about this explanation, and then got PFL and then again explained that I had already raised a webform!!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I had already raised a webform about this explanation, and then got PFL and then again explained that I had already raised a webform!!
That is not the way to respond to PFL. Webforms take weeks to reach the officer. While your application was being reviewed the officer issued the PFL without getting the webform. That is not the officer’s fault or problem as it is up to you to submit a complete and truthful application. You should have responded to the PFL by apologizing and stating the dates and reasons for past refusals. Assume you did and didn’t just say that webform is raised. All you can do is wait.

Sukhvir khosa

Feb 12, 2024
That is not the way to respond to PFL. Webforms take weeks to reach the officer. While your application was being reviewed the officer issued the PFL without getting the webform. That is not the officer’s fault or problem as it is up to you to submit a complete and truthful application. You should have responded to the PFL by apologizing and stating the dates and reasons for past refusals. Assume you did and didn’t just say that webform is raised. All you can do is wait.

Sukhvir khosa

Feb 12, 2024
I have explained everything and mentioned dates. In actual, as per my question I wanna know that usually if we already raised webform before they ask, it's acceptable according to law and rules which are followed by embassy.. moreover, that's not a problem, for the time period for visa stamping, I've talked to my uncle. Canada MP is gonna take all the information from embassy on Monday as usually on Monday, information is collected from embassy, so I'll be informed when will they issue me my visa stamped and what is the current status!! I was just curious to know that webforms are usually considered and are acceptable if it's before PFL, and then it's not considered as misrepresentation as per I know right?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have explained everything and mentioned dates. In actual, as per my question I wanna know that usually if we already raised webform before they ask, it's acceptable according to law and rules which are followed by embassy.. moreover, that's not a problem, for the time period for visa stamping, I've talked to my uncle. Canada MP is gonna take all the information from embassy on Monday as usually on Monday, information is collected from embassy, so I'll be informed when will they issue me my visa stamped and what is the current status!! I was just curious to know that webforms are usually considered and are acceptable if it's before PFL, and then it's not considered as misrepresentation as per I know right?
Not necessarily. There is no ”law”. You are responsible for a complete and truthful application. So if officer reviewed your file before webform was received by the officer, then it is misrepresentation. You need to overcome PFL first, and not worry about visa stamping. Not sure what MP can do.

Reactions: canuck78