+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of PRTD application submitted electronically(by email)-VAC closed-INDIA

Seek

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
My passport is in process since 4th August 2021 at IRCC New Delhi Office
Anyone around that date has any updates ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,
We sent our passport to VFS. Got 2 emails yesterday from VFS.
First one has subject line - "Vfsglobal - Requested Additional details". In the body of the mail it gives tracking id and AWB number. But no information on what additional information is required.
Second one has subject line - "Notification from VFS Global". In the body of the email, it says the application has been dispatched to IRCC.

Also tracking online says "Your application, tracking ID No. XXXX has been received at the Canada Visa Application Centre, NEW DELHI on XXXX and is in transit to the IRCC Office in NEW DELHI for processing".

It is confusing if they really need any more details.
Did you send them a webform? It may be poorly worded and they are providing you with additional details.

Man2001

Jul 3, 2019
Great, Congratulations.
On what date did you received your passport and since when it was in process ?
@Seek! Did you submit your application after completing 18 years of age or a few months before that? can you please send your email address for a few questions.

CanadianDreamer@TO

Jul 23, 2021
IRCC has received my passport for PRTD stamping on Aug 13th and today I got the following email
The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. XXXXXXXXXXXXXX has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, New Delhi OC on Wed Aug 18 2021 via courier partner. Please use Tracking id. or the AWB number provided to track the shipment on the courier partners website after 24hrs.

Is my passport stamped with PRTD? I was not able to link my PRTD application in the CIC account and hence the confusion.

jbjnikesh

Mar 17, 2014
Just joined here, I applied for PRTD online on August 4th (via email) but No response other than the automatic email that we receive. Any suggestions please?

Capticorn

Aug 11, 2021
Hi, I’m currently in US but my PR card had been mailed on my Address in Canada. I have applied for PRTD as well. Does anybody know if its safer to just get my pr card mailed to us as it will be quicker than waiting for PRTD.

Anoop1982

Jul 23, 2021
I will suggest everyone applying for PRTD on h&c ground that if it takes longer than a month, then send the reminder email on IRCC.COVIDPRTD-TVRPCOVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca on which you send your PRTD application asking for update.
I did the same , I sent the reminder email and after 2 weeks or so I received response from IRCC.COVIDPRTD-TVRPCOVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca that my application is received and is in process. After that, in a month or so I received my PPR from IRCC.COVIDPRTD-TVRPCOVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.
I have also received same reply and I also done in same way....... they ask me additional docs for all pages of passport.....
Thanks

AswaniAsh

Jul 22, 2021
Finally got my passport today!!!! Thank you guys for all your help and advise.

My time line: (Applied from India)

Emailed all required docs for PRTD: 15th July 2021
Passport request letter: 27th July 2021
VFS webform: 27th July 2021
Payment link from VFS: 28th July 2021
Sent passport via Blue Dart courier: 28th July
Received VFS tracking ID: 3rd Aug 2021
Under process at IRCC Delhi: 5th Aug 2021,
Dispatched from IRCC to VFS Delhi: 17th Aug 2021
Dispatched from VFS Delhi to me: 17th Aug 2021
Stamped passport delivered: 19th Aug 2021

Reactions: Seek

Seek

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
Finally got my passport today!!!! Thank you guys for all your help and advise.

My time line: (Applied from India)

Emailed all required docs for PRTD: 15th July 2021
Passport request letter: 27th July 2021
VFS webform: 27th July 2021
Payment link from VFS: 28th July 2021
Sent passport via Blue Dart courier: 28th July
Received VFS tracking ID: 3rd Aug 2021
Under process at IRCC Delhi: 5th Aug 2021,
Dispatched from IRCC to VFS Delhi: 17th Aug 2021
Dispatched from VFS Delhi to me: 17th Aug 2021
Stamped passport delivered: 19th Aug 2021
Congratulations !

Reactions: AswaniAsh

buffy0588

Apr 1, 2021
My passport is in process since 4th August 2021 at IRCC New Delhi Office
Anyone around that date has any updates ?
I sent my passport on 3rd august (they picked my passport at home)
Just now i received back my stamped passport with two years validity & multiple entry also.

Dont worry you will get yours soon.

Reactions: Seek