+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of PRTD application submitted electronically(by email)-VAC closed-INDIA

Aruna26

Aug 24, 2015
Finally got my passport today!!!! Thank you guys for all your help and advise.

My time line: (Applied from India)

Emailed all required docs for PRTD: 25th June 2021
Passport request letter: 27th July 2021
VFS webform: 27th July 2021
Payment link from VFS: 28th July 2021
Sent passport via Blue Dart courier: 29th July
Received VFS tracking ID: 3rd Aug 2021
Under process at IRCC Delhi: 6th Aug 2021,
Dispatched from IRCC to VFS Delhi: 13th Aug 2021
Dispatched from VFS Delhi to me: 13th Aug 2021
Stamped passport delivered: 14th Aug 2021

Reactions: AswaniAsh and Seek

Seek

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
I have applied on 7th june 2021...... not getting any update till now... I also applied on h&c
I applied on h&c ground as a case of removed as a minor.
H&C Ground Consideration PRTD processing time vary case to case.
I got PPR after 6 months.
If you still have time to complete your residence obligation , your application might take a week or 2 or a month.
It depends on case to case.
I am waiting to receive SMS from vfs global that my passport is dispatched from IRCC New Delhi Office.
Hope everyone will get their Passport visa soon.

Seek

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
I applied on h&c ground as a case of removed as a minor.
H&C Ground Consideration PRTD processing time vary case to case.
I got PPR after 6 months.
If you still have time to complete your residence obligation , your application might take a week or 2 or a month.
It depends on case to case.
I am waiting to receive SMS from vfs global that my passport is dispatched from IRCC New Delhi Office.
Hope everyone will get their Passport visa soon.
I will suggest everyone applying for PRTD on h&c ground that if it takes longer than a month, then send the reminder email on IRCC.COVIDPRTD-TVRPCOVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca on which you send your PRTD application asking for update.
I did the same , I sent the reminder email and after 2 weeks or so I received response from IRCC.COVIDPRTD-TVRPCOVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca that my application is received and is in process. After that, in a month or so I received my PPR from IRCC.COVIDPRTD-TVRPCOVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.

Daven1209

Star Member
Aug 22, 2020
Did anyone recently apply to Chandigarh VAC for PRTD? How did you apply and what's the processing time?
Can anyone please share the details of process.

Neuro

Jul 17, 2021
I will suggest everyone applying for PRTD on h&c ground that if it takes longer than a month, then send the reminder email on IRCC.COVIDPRTD-TVRPCOVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca on which you send your PRTD application asking for update.
I did the same , I sent the reminder email and after 2 weeks or so I received response from IRCC.COVIDPRTD-TVRPCOVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca that my application is received and is in process. After that, in a month or so I received my PPR from IRCC.COVIDPRTD-TVRPCOVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.
@Seek
nau aath aath aath aath teen chai nau saat aath par sampark kar sakte hain aap? bahut bahut dhanyavad advance mein.

Daven1209

Star Member
Aug 22, 2020
How to send photo for PRTD application? Option 1. Shall I paste on form and print it and scan it?
Option 2: just keep the photo space blank on form and attach photo as attachment in mail.

Please advise.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You can’t expect PRTDs based on H&C to be processed in 2 weeks. Even before covid it was not uncommon for it to make months. These are not simple approvals.

madhu_6021

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2020
How to send photo for PRTD application? Option 1. Shall I paste on form and print it and scan it?
Option 2: just keep the photo space blank on form and attach photo as attachment in mail.

Please advise.

I have used option 1. Didn't send any physical photos through mail.

madhu_6021

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2020
Just checked online account, my application is approved and counterfoil generated yesterday. No update received through email/sms, Tracking ID is still showing "In Progress at IRCC Delhi".

Bikrams01

Aug 4, 2021
Just checked online account, my application is approved and counterfoil generated yesterday. No update received through email/sms, Tracking ID is still showing "In Progress at IRCC Delhi".
When did you submitted your application? How long does it take for passport request?

SHIVSHAZ

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Hi All,
We sent our passport to VFS. Got 2 emails yesterday from VFS.
First one has subject line - "Vfsglobal - Requested Additional details". In the body of the mail it gives tracking id and AWB number. But no information on what additional information is required.
Second one has subject line - "Notification from VFS Global". In the body of the email, it says the application has been dispatched to IRCC.

Also tracking online says "Your application, tracking ID No. XXXX has been received at the Canada Visa Application Centre, NEW DELHI on XXXX and is in transit to the IRCC Office in NEW DELHI for processing".

It is confusing if they really need any more details.

AswaniAsh

Jul 22, 2021
Hi All,
We sent our passport to VFS. Got 2 emails yesterday from VFS.
First one has subject line - "Vfsglobal - Requested Additional details". In the body of the mail it gives tracking id and AWB number. But no information on what additional information is required.
Second one has subject line - "Notification from VFS Global". In the body of the email, it says the application has been dispatched to IRCC.

Also tracking online says "Your application, tracking ID No. XXXX has been received at the Canada Visa Application Centre, NEW DELHI on XXXX and is in transit to the IRCC Office in NEW DELHI for processing".

It is confusing if they really need any more details.
It is normal to receive that email from VFS it's just an update, currently your passport is with ircc waiting to get stamped.