+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of PRTD application submitted electronically(by email)-VAC closed-INDIA

shreddy

Jun 27, 2016
Hi,

can I apply for PRTD before the expiry of my PR card like 1-2 weeks earlier, my PR card is expiring on September 6th 2021 and I am currently in India.

As you know ban got extended until September 21st 2021, So I will be travelling mostly after that date because of ticket prices are around 1.5-2 lakhs in this month of August. So, just wondering if we can apply for PRTD earlier than expiry date of PR card.

I also have one more query that is :: I have applied PRTD earlier in 2016 as I didn't had my PR Card when I came in 2016 with me.
So, applying PRTD now would now have any issue as this would be my second time in last five years, is there a limit for this PRTD application in some timeframe such as 5 years in my case.

Last edited:

buffy0588

Apr 1, 2021
I think they updated it to most recent addrss that you submitted (which was your indian addrss as oer prtd application)..Just confirm with IRCC what residential address do they have for PR card.. if it is not your current canadian address ask them to update.. i updated mine on call with IRCC agent. I called them again after few days to confirm if they have my latest address on the file.
@saumya2712 can you please share the IRCC contact number from outside canada and should we call IRCC on canada time???

Kitchener007

Star Member
Jun 22, 2021
Hi,

can I apply for PRTD before the expiry of my PR card like 1-2 weeks earlier, my PR card is expiring on September 6th 2021 and I am currently in India.

As you know ban got extended until September 21st 2021, So I will be travelling mostly after that date because of ticket prices are around 1.5-2 lakhs in this month of August. So, just wondering if we can apply for PRTD earlier than expiry date of PR card.

I also have one more query that is :: I have applied PRTD earlier in 2016 as I didn't had my PR Card when I came in 2016 with me.
So, applying PRTD now would now have any issue as this would be my second time in last five years, is there a limit for this PRTD application in some timeframe such as 5 years in my case.
The prices are gonna be high even during direct flights after travel ban is lifted due to high demand. With no of cases on rise in Canada, they might put down a lockdown again. You might be looking at another 2-3 months with your PRTD application in process.

NeedInfoFromHere

Mar 2, 2021
Can anyone please help? @legalfalcon @canuck78

My PRTD application is stuck from the past 50 days. Actually, I have received CoPR when I was temporarily outside of Canada but I wrote LoE(explaining my situation) while submitting my PRTD, also contacted(explaining my situation) the office which gave me CoPR and they said me to apply for the PRTD. Also sent their responses to PRTD email address

The PRTD dept has sent the office which gave me CoPR for their confirmation whether they want to reverse my PR or not. Actually, they sent multiple responses to the office which gave me CoPR but IRCC agents are saying the office didn't acknowledge.

Over time, I have sent multiple web forms, called IRCC, sent a couple of emails to the PRTD COVID email address to know the status of my PRTD but cannot see any progress or reply.

Any leads, pointers, suggestions on what to do will help me a lot

Thanks

Last edited:

mokosze

Jun 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore to manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 Jul 2014
Nomination.....
per 14 Nov 2014
AOR Received.
18 Dec 2014
File Transfer...
SLU 22 Aug 2015
Med's Request
26 Aug 2015
Med's Done....
28 Aug 2015
Passport Req..
11 Nov 2015
VISA ISSUED...
20 Nov 2015
Hey everyone !
I have applied for PRTD on 19th March 2021 , I have only got an automatically generated acknowledge of Receipt email , nothing else till now . I want to inquire the status of my application , although I haven't received any kind of reference number or application number , how can I inquire ? Can I forward my PRTD application email that I sent to IRCC.COVIDPRTD-TVRPCOVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca to delhi immigration office email , asking for status ?
Note : I have applied on H&C Ground .
Hi @Seek

What's the latest progress update for your case.. I just submitted my prtd based on h&c too. Do share. Thanks. Hope yours is moving along