+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of PRTD application submitted electronically(by email)-VAC closed-INDIA

ssawlani

Apr 1, 2022
Hello everyone,
My husband applied for his PRTD by email in India in September 2021. We have not received his passport request yet. We did submit a few queries and just received a generic response that COVID is affecting the normal processing of applications. I would really appreciate your feedback in how to navigate our situation further.

Thank you.

Sanchita

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hello everyone,
My husband applied for his PRTD by email in India in September 2021. We have not received his passport request yet. We did submit a few queries and just received a generic response that COVID is affecting the normal processing of applications. I would really appreciate your feedback in how to navigate our situation further.

Thank you.

Sanchita
is it H&C based PRTD application ?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
It is not. We became permanent residents in 2016 and he meets his residency obligations.
strange .. should not take more than 2 months

If you used gmail for application, possible that ppr would have landed under "Promotions" tab. ( many have reported this) You may want to check.

Reactions: webmaster

Nitish251090

Mar 30, 2022
Hello everyone,

Thank you.

Sanchita
Did you receive confirmation of receipt when you applied?

Nitish251090

Mar 30, 2022
If anyone can help me out with this, I live in Jharkhand so once I receive my PRTD is there a way to speed up my passport stamping process because I have my tickets booked on 17th April from Delhi.
thanks

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
That’s strange and scary for me because I applied for PRTD on Feb 22 and waiting for confirmation.
Right now prtd applications submitted till around 8th Feb have been processed. You should try to.link.prtd application to gckey around 50-52 day mark. That is when your processing is expected to start.

Nitish251090

Mar 30, 2022
Right now prtd applications submitted till around 8th Feb have been processed. You should try to.link.prtd application to gckey around 50-52 day mark. That is when your processing is expected to start.
Is there a way to speed the paspoort stamping process ?