+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of PRTD application submitted electronically(by email)-VAC closed-INDIA

nitinvgarg

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
This is why it always states not to submit duplicate requests. I would reply with a link to your first reference number explaining that you submitted duplicate requests so thry can close the file. They are likely reviewing your passport because you are so close to your RO.
I want to expedite the case of my wife and daughter. I have written a letter explaining the reasons for expediting. It is a good strategy?

Anoop1982

Jul 23, 2021
same boat as you. Applied PRTD on July 21st. Received acknowledgement. Can you post in forum once you receive approval?
MY PR expired in July 2016.... and I applied prtd in 2016 I got approved but unable to use same..... have applied 2nd time prtd on 7th June...... till now no reply...... lawyers said 2nd time prtd is 50 % chances..... I have taken risk on providing all my genuine reasons..... waiting for same........ will update same

nitinvgarg

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
MY PR expired in July 2016.... and I applied prtd in 2016 I got approved but unable to use same..... have applied 2nd time prtd on 7th June...... till now no reply...... lawyers said 2nd time prtd is 50 % chances..... I have taken risk on providing all my genuine reasons..... waiting for same........ will update same
When you say PRTD got approved, was it attached or stamped on your passport as well?
OR
Was it just a request you made and didn't submit the documents at that time

Kaurgagan13

Star Member
May 3, 2020
Passport Request Letter from IRCC
Subject as :
ACTION REQUIRED (IRCC)- Passport Request/
I heard some people saying in another forum. It is the email we received after doing payment and contains awb. But I already submitted courier by visiting to local bluedart by myself in advance with PPR letter (one you are saying). I hope i was not wrong.

Seek

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
I heard some people saying in another forum. It is the email we received after doing payment and contains awb. But I already submitted courier by visiting to local bluedart by myself in advance with PPR letter (one you are saying). I hope i was not wrong.
Kitchener also said me that they passport request letter and passport transmission letter are same

Kaurgagan13

Star Member
May 3, 2020
Kitchener also said me that they passport request letter and passport transmission letter are same
Yeah , i did same because kitchener said that lol. I saw some YouTube videos also they also said transmission letter is PPR. But i just got worried, in another forums people saying its something else.

Seek

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
Yeah , i did same because kitchener said that lol. I saw some YouTube videos also they also said transmission letter is PPR. But i just got worried, in another forums people saying its something else.
I confirmed with my friend , applying for student visa , it's PPR . She received correspondence email stating that her visa is stamped and she will receive her passport soon. Her passport was picked up on 10 July 2021.

Kaurgagan13

Star Member
May 3, 2020
I confirmed with my friend , applying for student visa , it's PPR . She received correspondence email stating that her visa is stamped and she will receive her passport soon. Her passport was picked up on 10 July 2021.
Ok, thank you. Yes, we are right.

Anoop1982

Jul 23, 2021
When you say PRTD got approved, was it attached or stamped on your passport as well?
OR
Was it just a request you made and didn't submit the documents at that time
I have applied prtd in 2016 that got approved but again I have applied on 7th June 2021......waiting for that reply..... hope will received reply soon as they started working on applications ........ I hope by August we will be able to receive reply

tricky5311

Jul 22, 2021
This is why it always states not to submit duplicate requests. I would reply with a link to your first reference number explaining that you submitted duplicate requests so thry can close the file. They are likely reviewing your passport because you are so close to your RO.
@canuck78 do they review passport/RO even if you have a valid PR card till 2023 that you have lost and hence are applying for PRTD?

saumya2712

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
@Kaurgagan13 i got the payment link in the afternoon. Can you please let me know the subject for confirmation email? I got an email from passportsubmissions@vfshelpline, not sure it is the same as I sent them multiple emails to look into my web form.

tricky5311

Jul 22, 2021
Folks, I am so glad to have found this forum and I really need help. My father is 74 years old. He went to visit India and lost his PR card which was valid till 2023. He applied for a PRTD on July 8, 2021. Could someone let me know:
-Does CIC reassess his Residency obligation even if his lost PR card was valid?
-Does anyone have an idea of the timelines regarding approval of PRTD for lost PR cards?
Any insights would be so much appreciated! Really hoping to be able to get my dad here in Canada.

saumya2712

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
@Kaurgagan13 i got the payment link in the afternoon. Can you please let me know the subject for confirmation email? I got an email from passportsubmissions@vfshelpline, not sure it is the same as I sent them multiple emails to look into my web form.
Never mind I got all the emails from VFS. Can i drop the package at blue dart directly?
On the envelope do we need to write sender details as well?