+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of PRTD application submitted electronically(by email)-VAC closed-INDIA

AshishS87

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
As passport stamping started on 5 july, vfs replied to one of the twitter page that it may take them 3-4 weeks to clear big backlog of phase 1 which will be the end of this month. Then again it will probably take them 10-15 days more to stamp our passport which will be mid of august. Some news are coming 3rd wave can hit by the end of august. Anybody thinking of going to other country to get passport stamp [passport request letter is international letter] and then routing to canada.
@AshishS87 @saumya2712
I am hoping i will get prtd or pr card by 20th august and then i will travel. I am not thinking to go another country for stamping.

Kitchener007

Star Member
Jun 22, 2021
I am hoping i will get prtd or pr card by 20th august and then i will travel. I am not thinking to go another country for stamping.
I waiting for my PR card for last 7 months, they are not processing it. And I had to travel to India in emergency. Now Courier service won’t resume for anyone who applied after lockdown. Stressed.

AshishS87

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
I waiting for my PR card for last 7 months, they are not processing it. And I had to travel to India in emergency. Now Courier service won’t resume for anyone who applied after lockdown. Stressed.
I can understand your situation as i am also going through. When did you apply for pr card? Which office is processing it? What is the latest update on pr card?

Kaurgagan13

Star Member
May 3, 2020
Same me. I applied for PR card in the 2nd week of January,2021 in visa office Edmonton. One of my friend and i applied on same day. My friend got it in the first week of april who is residing in canada with same visa office. I contacted cic through webform several times they always said its under processing. Then one day i got email from Edmonton vac. Nobody ever touched my PR card application (photos, copr) ever because of covid. They made me online portal where i submitted photos and everything again and now PR card application started again from beginning from 28 june which can take 2 months more. This is super frustrating. It feels like trudeau is punishing who ever travelled to india during covid. Who so ever getting PR card during the trip to india they are lucky.

NeedInfoFromHere

Mar 2, 2021
@canuck78 - Pls help

I need to send an additional document(not requested by IRCC) to support the PRTD application that I have applied by sending an email to IRCC.covid. ....
Can I send an email to the same email address(IRCC.covid .....) as a reply to my original email to them?

TIA

Kitchener007

Star Member
Jun 22, 2021
I can understand your situation as i am also going through. When did you apply for pr card? Which office is processing it? What is the latest update on pr card?
I applied in November 2020. It shows submitted. No update since NOvember. Ottawa office. I have called them, submitted webforms but no action taken. My friend applied in June and got his last week from Ottawa office. Really pissed off at them.

Kaurgagan13

Star Member
May 3, 2020
@Kitchener007 Send an email to ottawa vac. That’s what i did. I sent the email to Edmonton vac and got reply after 1 week that we never touched PR card application. And we will create online portal for you to submit address and photos online which means all the process started again and it will further take 2 months more.

Kitchener007

Star Member
Jun 22, 2021
Thanks. I had applied for RTI, they sent it for printing, but there was an error there. They never got to me about any error or anything else. Should I connect Ottawa Vac via email?!

Kaurgagan13

Star Member
May 3, 2020
What is RTI? You can try to contact them. If your case is like me you will get to know now. Whenever i use to call IRCC they also said to me it is sent for printing don’t worry. It is in processing. This is reply i got my VAC.

Please fill out the information below so I can open an account in the PR portal that you can upload a photo to and we can get sent off for processing for your PR card. The one you sent to the Edmonton office has not been taken care of because of the closures of offices in Alberta and so only urgent mail was being processed.

This was so frustrating. If the office was really closed then why did my friend got his PR card as we applied on same day and my other 3-4 friends also got it from Edmonton Who applied. Did you link your PR card application with online system?

Last edited:

Kitchener007

Star Member
Jun 22, 2021
What is RTI? You can try to contact them. If your case is like me you will get to know now. Whenever i use to call IRCC they also said to me it is sent for printing don’t worry. It is in processing. This is reply i got my VAC.

Please fill out the information below so I can open an account in the PR portal that you can upload a photo to and we can get sent off for processing for your PR card. The one you sent to the Edmonton office has not been taken care of because of the closures of offices in Alberta and so only urgent mail was being processed.

This was so frustrating.Did you link your PR card application with online system?
Yes I did link my application. So I just email my case to VAC ottawa?!