june 1st 2011 application sent
june 9th 2011 application recieved
july 10th 2011 confirmation letter and study book recieved
feb 20th 2012 application sent to winnipeg office

nothing after that

coolbreeze30

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Wow that is long, but think u should be getting a letter to do test anytime now, I not too sure about wait times in Winnipeg , for me I applied in may 2011 an my app was transferred to Ottawa office in April 2012 an I did the test on January 15 2013 an now waiting for oath 8)

seldom

May 22, 2007
My application has been going for much longer!
Application Received Feb 2011
Processing Started Oct 2011
Application Transferred to Winnipeg Office Jan 2012

Nothing since then, despite ordering CMHS notes, and the call centre emailing the local office twice about my application!

I have lost hope.

Seldom

White Bear

Nov 19, 2012
Seldom,

Send a fax to the local office directly. Nevermind the call center.
Google winnipeg local office fax number.
In ur letter, inquire about the reasons for delaying ur file. Mention that u applied 24 months ago and no invitation to the test yet.
Also, give them a phone number with voice mail where u can be contacted.

Send the fax and hope that a person will pull ur file from the dusty shelves and give u a call back with good news.

Best of luck. :D

coolbreeze30

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
That's harsh seldom what in the world could they be doing with your app that long. Cic really sucks bad they take your money for application an then treat us like sh-t the system needs to change.

ISK

Dec 29, 2012
I called the center and they said its been unusually long right now. I saw on the ceremony site http://www.cic.gc.ca/citcer/english/results_resultats_eng.aspx?type=1 that a judge is back in winnipeg, there were no ceromonies in dec and jan so Im assuming there was no judge in winnipeg for that time... this should give you some hope Seldom, my appl. went to winnipeg in feb 2012 so maybe both of us will get a letter this month to take that test.... lets cross our fingers

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no citizenship judge in Winnipeg right now. That is why there is a long waiting time there. You probably have visiting judges from other offices.

http://www.appointments.gc.ca/prflOrg.asp?OrgID=CZNC&lang=eng

At the ceremony Order of Canada Recipient Dwight MacAulay will preside. (Note: NOT a citizenship judge!)

wynwyn

Feb 19, 2013
My timeline:
Sent my Citizenship Application: Dec. 24, 2010
CIC Received my Application: Dec. 31, 2010
Transferred to Winnipeg office: Jan. 31, 2012
Received letter with (RQ) dated: Feb. 18, 2013 :mad:

patience, patience, patience!

goodluck to all of us.. :)