+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for TRV due to Covid 19 ??

Anita6336

Star Member
Mar 2, 2015
Hi all,
I have applied for TRV for my father on March 10 from India, and the immediate next day I got the letter for biometrics and was submitted on 12th March. from then there is no update until now.

Is there who had applied for TRV recently and got any updates ??

Is the Visiting Visa applications or processing time will affect due to Covid 19 ??

Thank you

Hey Hi. I applied for my parents TRV on the same date as you did. No updates till now after biometrics. Was there any movement on your file? Please let me know. Thanks.

Alireza1234

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Hello, my friend applied from Iran on April 10th and the visa office for Iranian is Turkey but there is no update yet. It seems that all visa applications are on hold till further notice and the visa offices only proceed citizens/ PR/urgent or essential applications only. As I know the hold is till June 9th but it might extend.

Any one got result during covid 19 who just applied for visitor visa?

Reactions: canuck78

David Eche

Jan 14, 2018
Honduras
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2017
Doc's Request.
28-11-2017
AOR Received.
10-11-2017
Med's Done....
27-11-2017
Passport Req..
03-04-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-04-2018
Hey guys!

I applied on March 10, 2020 and I have had no answer or update since March 14, 2020 when biometrics was updated. The trip was planned from May 31 to Jun 9, 2020 and obviously it has been cancelled.

Can I withdraw my application and request a refund or should I wait for a reply. Assuming that the offices open on June 9, 2020, I don't think the VAC will be open.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Can we apply for a visitor visa in Lockdown? are the processing these applications?
Yes, you can apply. Yes, applications are still being processed just at a slower rate.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Most won’t be able to travel due to restrictions or lack of flights. In general Canada wants to limit visitors to stop the potential spread of covid but also to minimize potential costs to the healthcare system since most insurance companies are no longer covering covid treatment. Provinces are taking financial responsibility for treatment for anyone irregardless of their status.

Demaktjun3792

Star Member
Apr 3, 2020
Hi there,
my question is about the chance of granting visitor visa(TRV) for my father during these unprecedented days and your opinion is highly appreciated.
Consider a case that there is no essential purpose for him but exception as a close family member can be proved. So, do you think if it's wise to apply for a visitor visa now or the chance of approval of his visa is very low due to pandemic?
His application won't be reject but will definitely be on hold just as you mentioned it's not an essential one. From my opinion I think you should apply as at now poeple applying are reduced compared to when things go to normal this will make your application already on waiting list when ircc resumes processing ,you should expect high intake and even slower processing when they start normal processing. IMO that only apply if he meets the temporary eligiblity requirements too otherwise he will get a refusal.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Those who have applied in March, have you contacted IRCC? Email them at IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca and provide all the following information for the TRV applicant and their immediate family member in Canada:

· Full name

· Date of Birth

· UCI

· Application Number

· Passport Number

· Detailed purpose of travel

· Proof of relationship with an immediate family member in Canada

· Proof of immigration (or citizenship) status of the immediate family member in Canada

· Explain that you applied before April 9 and that the applicant is now exempt from travel restriction (June 8).

I am not in that situation so I do not know if it will make a difference but try emailed them. Note that they only reply to cases where an applicant needs an authorization letter to travel, but I think if the application has stalled, maybe they can do something. If you email them about something else, they won't reply.

Last edited:

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Those who have applied in March, have you contacted IRCC? Email them at IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca and provide all the following information for the TRV applicant and their immediate family member in Canada:

· Full name

· Date of Birth

· UCI

· Application Number

· Passport Number

· Detailed purpose of travel

· Proof of relationship with an immediate family member in Canada

· Proof of immigration (or citizenship) status of the immediate family member in Canada

· Explain that you applied before April 9 and that the applicant is now exempt from travel restriction (June 8).

I am not in that situation so I do not know if it will make a difference but try emailed them. Note that they only reply to cases where an applicant needs an authorization letter to travel, but I think if the application has stalled, maybe they can do something. If you email them about something else, they won't reply.
Is immidiate family of temporary workers. ( pgw) exempted from travel restrictions? I thought it must be non discretionary travel, re-union with spouse isnt one?

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Is immidiate family of temporary workers. ( pgw) exempted from travel restrictions? I thought it must be non discretionary travel, re-union with spouse isnt one?
I didn't say that family of PWG is exempt. I thought those who said their family member application were PR or citizen. Hence why I said " Explain that you applied before April 9 and that the applicant is now exempt from travel restriction (June 8)." also "Note that they only reply to cases where an applicant needs an authorization letter to travel" I assumed we all know the exemption refer to immediate family members of PR and citizens and that the authorization letter to travel is for those who are not exempt.

Alireza1234

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
I applied on April 10th but the embassy of Canada in Turkey only processing immediate family application and holding to all other TRV applications.