+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for Spouse Open Work Permit from Islamabad, Pakistan

hasanifte

Oct 8, 2014
Hello guys,

I am on study permit from Pakistan and applied on 2nd January at visa office in Islamabad for my spouse open work permit. Still waiting for spouse medical :(

Whats the normal processing time and maximum processing time? Your input will be of great value. I applied on paper.

Emailed several times but received same response every time that application is in process? Whats the best way to correspond and know the status of application?

Thanks

mfm

May 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

My wife applied for her SOWP from CHC Islamabad in Mid of May 2015, got her Bio metrics done in the end of May. Now we are anxiously waiting for
the medicals. Its been 5 and a half month... It seems as if it takes atleast 6 months to get the medicals or even 7 or 8 months....

Is there any one here that has similar time lines so that we can share our grief of waiting.......
And i need advice how to pass this tough time?

subtain

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Canada
mesumrizvi said:
I applied for my spouse on Jan 27th 2015 and she did upfront medicals on 7th Feb 2015.. last week of July she got passport call.. I am not guaranteeing that it will expedite the processing time because Islamabad CHC only picked up our file in the second week of July.. but once they started processing it we got visa within 3 weeks.. plus i do not see any news from anyone regarding anyone else getting the visa yet so i guess we got lucky a little bit by doing upfront.. as i do remember a few people mentioning about medical request but have not heard anything after that.. so it is a personal choice.. at worst, pre-medical shaves off a month from total processing time.. plus we also had PR application in process so we did not mind doing one test for both applications.
Hi mesumrizvi, did you add your wife as accompanying dependent when you filed for PR under CEC in 2014 ? and while it was in process, you applied for your spouse Open Work Permit and received it in August 2015? And now one month later you both got your passport request for PR together?

majid.rasool

Feb 14, 2015
Hi Guys

I am a Phd student as well and applied for SOWP for my wife from Islamabad on April 2nd.

Like all other we are also waiting till today.

P.S we did Upfront medicals and it updated to pass in 2nd week of April. However, no respone yet afterwards.

majid.rasool

Feb 14, 2015
I have an query as well

Please share any info ... As my study permit is expiring in Aril 2016 due to passport expiry .

I heard the SOWP is usally valid till the dependent visa..

So i guess my wife will get her visa till April 2016 as well???

I am in the processing renewal of Passport and Study permit.

So how can i inform CIC islamabad about this update..

Please do share any info regarding the issue

you guys can email me as well

majid_rasool345@hotmail.com

Majid
Montreal
McGill University

hasanifte

Oct 8, 2014
Guys!

How long it takes to process visa after a medical call has been received? What are the chances of getting the visa?

Please note : Visa category: Spouse Open work permit

mfm

May 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
as far as i have heard from some friends, it takes from 3 to 8 weeks after taking the medical...

subtain

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Hi everyone,

Wanted to share that we finally received PPR for my spouse in Pakistan :)

CIC exactly took 6 months for PPR.

Hope everyone who is waiting gets their PPR soon.

Also can anyone please guide me how to submit passport at a VFS for visa stamp?

- Subtain

gimvie

Jul 5, 2015
Hay Guys,
I am on Post Graduation Work Permit in Canada and doing Skilled Job NOC A.
I got married (Nikkah) in May 15' and registered in Nadra. Now i want to bring my wife in Canada on Open Work Permit but i need some guidlines as i can't fully understand the procedure to apply OPW for my wife.
If any one can tell me what documents we require and how to submit those documents (Either submit Canadian high consulate in Lahore or Islamabad).
What documents would be require from my side as well as from my wife's side.
Also if you can tell step by step guideline that would be much appreciated Smiley
At this stage i am worried about the process and its getting linger on and time is passing out.
Thanks..

fadii

Apr 10, 2016
Hi,
I am on PGWP in Canada and got married in Dec 2015. I applied for SOWP on February 22 2016 and biometrics were done on 24 February 2016. Since then did not hear or received any updates. The application was submitted online. So is there anyone else in the same situation or applied closer to these dates?

Thanks

b4ahmad

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
There are number of applicant who applied for SOWP in Jan-Feb 2016, few of them have already received their work permits, other are waiting. You can track them on this link, and also add your info

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P45oeMrak_df-OdXqjrtIq3Qv1GQe61Xi043EIk3MtY/edit#gid=0

I by myself applied for SOWP on Jan-19-2016, spouse is in Pakistan. But so far no update from CIC. Let us know if you hear any news from CIC. TC

fadii

Apr 10, 2016
Hi All,
I have a quick question...so we decided to do upfront medical but ofcorz application has already been submitted. So how do we send the medical reports once we have them?
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks