+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for Spouse Open Work Permit from Islamabad, Pakistan

subtain

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Zain Ali said:
Whats the next step after getting bio-metrics request?
Wait forever ..

If the people in VO Islamabad stop being lazy and for once start working on our applications, then the next step is Medical request. Then if everything goes fine, its the passport request.

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
subtain said:
Wait forever ..

If the people in VO Islamabad stop being lazy and for once start working on our applications, then the next step is Medical request. Then if everything goes fine, its the passport request.
My wife had her biometrics done 2 weeks ago, but still the status on the cic application (online - gc key) says "require applicant's biometrics". How much time does it usually take to update?

Zain Ali

Jul 1, 2015
But dont they ask for medical letter when we go for test? And how did u update CIC regarding your medical?

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
mesumrizvi said:
Why dont you guys go for upfront medical? I applied for my spouse WP on Jan 27th and did upfront medical in Feb.. first week of August she got her visa.
By upfront medical do you mean getting the medical ourselves even before a medical request is issued? If so, can you please explain the procedure? Thanks

BTW with the timeline of your spouse's application it doesnt seem that an upfront medical had expedited anything?

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
No they do not ask for medical letter.. let them know in advance while booking appointment that this is pre-medical... then email cic the scanned document mentioning your UMI... i did for my spouse and she got her visa like 2 months back

Zain Ali said:
But dont they ask for medical letter when we go for test? And how did u update CIC regarding your medical?

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
I applied for my spouse on Jan 27th 2015 and she did upfront medicals on 7th Feb 2015.. last week of July she got passport call.. I am not guaranteeing that it will expedite the processing time because Islamabad CHC only picked up our file in the second week of July.. but once they started processing it we got visa within 3 weeks.. plus i do not see any news from anyone regarding anyone else getting the visa yet so i guess we got lucky a little bit by doing upfront.. as i do remember a few people mentioning about medical request but have not heard anything after that.. so it is a personal choice.. at worst, pre-medical shaves off a month from total processing time.. plus we also had PR application in process so we did not mind doing one test for both applications.

hasankhan27 said:
By upfront medical do you mean getting the medical ourselves even before a medical request is issued? If so, can you please explain the procedure? Thanks

BTW with the timeline of your spouse's application it doesnt seem that an upfront medical had expedited anything?

ali5253

Sep 2, 2015
Hello every one my name is Ali and I just moved canada since Feb 15 on 2 years work permit I'm an Irish Citizen.. I applied my wife open work petmit frm (consultant Naheed Sultana ) when I was applied she told me 1.5 months takes to get answer thn she said (76) days..now I asked her she said there is no time limit it's up to them I paid full amount of fees in advance anyways ..I applied my wife application in April and still there is no answer :(...folks any idea whn the answer will due with your personal experiences..

Thanks
Ali

Zain Ali

Jul 1, 2015
ali5253 said:
Hello every one my name is Ali and I just moved canada since Feb 15 on 2 years work permit I'm an Irish Citizen.. I applied my wife open work petmit frm (consultant Naheed Sultana ) when I was applied she told me 1.5 months takes to get answer thn she said (76) days..now I asked her she said there is no time limit it's up to them I paid full amount of fees in advance anyways ..I applied my wife application in April and still there is no answer :(...folks any idea whn the answer will due with your personal experiences..

Thanks
Ali
Did u apply from Pakistan?

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
ali5253 said:

Thanks
Ali
processing time in canada is around 4 months atleast.. from pakistan it is around 7-8 months atleast

JK Jeet

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Hello Guys
Here is my timeline for Spouse Wp and Child visitor
(Islamabad Pakistan)

Applied: January 22, 2015
Medical request: July 22, 2015
Medical appointment: August 19, 2015
Medical passed: August 26, 2015
Passport request: September 09, 2015
Submitted: September 11, 2015
Requried further docs: September 13,2015
Submitted: October 02, 2015
Got Approval visa: October 09,2015 :) :) :D

Good Luck Everyone!!!!!

Note: 2 times Visitor and 1 Work permit rejected before!!

Zain Ali

Jul 1, 2015
JK Jeet said:
Hello Guys
Here is my timeline for Spouse Wp and Child visitor
(Islamabad Pakistan)

Applied: January 22, 2015
Medical request: July 22, 2015
Medical appointment: August 19, 2015
Medical passed: August 26, 2015
Passport request: September 09, 2015
Submitted: September 11, 2015
Requried further docs: September 13,2015
Submitted: October 02, 2015
Got Approval visa: October 09,2015 :) :) :D

Good Luck Everyone!!!!!

Note: 2 times Visitor and 1 Work permit rejected before!!

WHAT FURTHER DOCUMENTS DID THEY ASK FOR?