+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for Spouse Open Work Permit from Islamabad, Pakistan

AB_xyz

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
Hello Guys,

After long long long wait of 10 months finally got medical request from CIC atleast they started processing work permit applications.

Thanks

JK Jeet

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Hi AB_xyz

First of all Congrats :)

Bro my application is in process, its been 6 month gone still no reply from Islamabad.
Can you please tell me that was your application online and can you tell me the list of Docs you provided to them, I ll really appreciate or you can send me in email at jeet_cma@yahoo.com

Hope soon hear from you.

Thanks
Jeet

[quote :) author=AB_xyz link=topic=315800.msg4463818#msg4463818 date=1436538136]
Hello Guys,

After long long long wait of 10 months finally got medical request from CIC atleast they started processing work permit applications.

Thanks

[/quote]

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
Zain Ali said:
Really? That's pretty fast!!!
Yes and according to him, he knows another guy who got it in 3 months as well

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
AB_xyz said:
Hello Guys,

Thanks
Congratulations. At least this will give you a lot of mental peace :)

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
Hey Everyone,
First of all I hope and pray for all of us that we get work permits for our spouses and in a timely manner. Lets keep this thread alive so our community can benefit with the experience of others. Me and Jeet JK are already in touch with each other on whatsapp and I really appreciate the help he has been providing :)

I will be applying for SOWP next month and here is the list of documents that I would be using (This list is from the guy who got the SOWP in 3 months);

From the principal applicant (wife)

* Letter of intent
* Proof of marriage plus pics, shadi card and email exchanges or chat logs/skype history.
* Educational documents
* Proof that working is definitely helpful
* Proof of strong ties to Pakistan like bank statements, job and family etc
* Affidavit of support from father or father in law just to prove good ties to home country
* All relevant forms (I guess there will be 2 or 3)

From the sponsor (husband)
* Letter of sponsorship (very important)
* Visa and Work permit
* Detailed job letter indicating pay, responsibilities and NOC code.
* Proof that you would be able to support her like t4 slips, pay slips and bank statements
* Proof of marriage documents
* Educational documents to show job is according to education is very helpful

By the way I would encourage everyone here to share this document list (if you have already applied), so others can benefit from it.

Hope my post helps. Lets all stay in touch and keep updating each other. Ciao!

JK Jeet

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Finally Wait over after exactly 6 months got my Spouse Medical today :D :D :D :D :D Thanks to God

Wish you all good Luck

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
I applied for my spouse wp on Jan 27 2015 and today we got an email for medical.. She had completed her medical in February 2015 and the application online showed medical passed.. after a few minutes she got a call from Islamabad CHC that they have missed her medical results and kindly ignore the medical request email as she has already cleared it..
When she inquired about application status all they said is her application is now being "Actively" been worked upon..
Hope to hear more good news soon!

JK Jeet

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Zain Ali

First I applied on September 2014 and got rejection in October 2014 with wrong reason then I again applied with the reason in Jan 2015 and got Medical request on July 22, 2015.
My Other Friend his name is Ali he applied in Dec 30, 2014 and also got Medical on July 20, 2015.

I wish all of other guys good Luck. :)

:D
Zain Ali said:
Congrats!!!

You applied in Dec'14 right?

Adii11586

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 27, 2016
Nomination.....
May 26, 2015
AOR Received.
August 17, 2015
Med's Request
March 4, 2016
Med's Done....
CIC Received (March 18, 2016)
Passport Req..
May 27, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
May 31, 2016 but PP received on June 10, 2016
LANDED..........
June 11, 2016
Hi,

Before starting my query I just want to give a brief background of my status in Canada. Currently I am on my PG work permit which is expiring on November 4, 2015 but my PG work permit is extendable as it was issued according to my passport expiration. I also get my provisional nominee from Saskatchewan (SINP) on May 27, 2015 and I submit our (Me and my wife) application for permanent residence on June 4, 2015 and still waiting for File number and Medical.

On February 27, 2015 my wife have submit her application for SPOUSE OPEN WORK PERMIT on my post-graduate work permit. When my wife was submitting her application she went through a eligibility assessment by CIC in which it was mention that she can apply. According to Policy I should have NOC "A", "B" or "0" category job, which I have (NOC "B"), then they required work permit to be minimum of 6 month when you are applying, as at that time which was approximately 8 month work permit and remaining 4 month will be issued on my renewed passport.

After approximately 5 long months on July 22, 2015 she got a refusal from CIC with a reason that my work permit is expiring on November 4, 2015 and according to SOWP policy my work permit should be more than 6 months but at the time of application submission my work permit is more than 6 months and on other hand my work permit clearly state that it can be further extended.

I also submit my SINP nominee letter to them through case base inquiry but still it doesn't make any impact to her application.

Now I need some sort of guidance and advise for further process.

JK Jeet

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Hi Adii 4586

First of all really sad about your Decision by VO. And I want to ask you that did you apply by yourself or through a lawyer etc?

I would suggest you to consult with a legal expert and re-apply with justification and I hope it will work out.

I wish you a good luck.

Adii11586 said:
Hi,

Before starting my query I just want to give a brief background of my status in Canada. Currently I am on my PG work permit which is expiring on November 4, 2015 but my PG work permit is extendable as it was issued according to my passport expiration. I also get my provisional nominee from Saskatchewan (SINP) on May 27, 2015 and I submit our (Me and my wife) application for permanent residence on June 4, 2015 and still waiting for File number and Medical.

On February 27, 2015 my wife have submit her application for SPOUSE OPEN WORK PERMIT on my post-graduate work permit. When my wife was submitting her application she went through a eligibility assessment by CIC in which it was mention that she can apply. According to Policy I should have NOC "A", "B" or "0" category job, which I have (NOC "B"), then they required work permit to be minimum of 6 month when you are applying, as at that time which was approximately 8 month work permit and remaining 4 month will be issued on my renewed passport.

After approximately 5 long months on July 22, 2015 she got a refusal from CIC with a reason that my work permit is expiring on November 4, 2015 and according to SOWP policy my work permit should be more than 6 months but at the time of application submission my work permit is more than 6 months and on other hand my work permit clearly state that it can be further extended.

I also submit my SINP nominee letter to them through case base inquiry but still it doesn't make any impact to her application.

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
Adii11586 said:
Hi,

I agree with Jeet as your case is complicated and a good lawyer might give you good direction as to how to proceed now

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
Hello Everyone,
Applied today for my wife's SOWP. Lets see how things go now. Fingers crossed :)