+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for spousal visa - Sri Lanka

Sharanyaa

May 15, 2020
Thanks
Yes your correct we were waiting since October 2019. We received pre-arrival last Saturday .
Hi Anika, did u already send the passport to ircc via VFS? I got my ppr recently and submitted the passport and I wanna know how long will it take to receive the passport?

chutkij3

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Yea ours is a foreign marriage certificate. Neither Srilanka nor Canadian. It’s from another country
Hi,
I am an Indian citizen living in India and my fiancé is also an Indian citizen currently living in Canada. We both are planning for a civil wedding in Srilanka in the coming month. He will sponsor me after our wedding. As per the information from the wedding planner we will get “a marriage certificate with the Foreign Ministry stamp”. Is this certificate recognized under spousal sponsorship or we need to apostille the Marriage certificate in Canadian or Indian embassy in Srilanka. Please let us know if any other process involved to make our marriage certificate valid.
Thankyou. Awaiting your reply.
#Staysafe #stayhealthy

Reactions: SViyesha

shivsan

Nov 2, 2018
Hi,
I am an Indian citizen living in India and my fiancé is also an Indian citizen currently living in Canada. We both are planning for a civil wedding in Srilanka in the coming month. He will sponsor me after our wedding. As per the information from the wedding planner we will get “a marriage certificate with the Foreign Ministry stamp”. Is this certificate recognized under spousal sponsorship or we need to apostille the Marriage certificate in Canadian or Indian embassy in Srilanka. Please let us know if any other process involved to make our marriage certificate valid.
Thankyou. Awaiting your
No need for Apostille in the Canadian High Commission. you must Apostille in Sri Lankan Foreign Ministry Because your marriage is held on Sri Lankan Soil. keep all documents in order for checklist otherwise they are going to delay for your spousal sponsor application. All the best for your Marriage life. Be safe God bless you.

maple@2020

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
App. Filed.......
30-Jan-2020
Doc's Request.
17-July-2020 (Additional Document Requested)
AOR Received.
12-Feb-2020
File Transfer...
03-March-2020
Med's Request
16-July-2020
Med's Done....
17-July-2020
Hi,
Thankyou. Awaiting your reply.
#Staysafe #stayhealthy

If you don't mind I would like to ask you why are you planning to get married in Sri Lanka instead of in India since you both are Indians? However to answer for your question, its better to ask your fiancé to contact CIC and Indian embassy. They know better than us. However your application process would take longer since embassy would have to check validity of your married certificate with Sri Lankan authorities.

TT6

Jul 7, 2020
Hi, my husband received pre-arrival letter today by email after we sent additional documents on Dec 6th, 2020. Our ECAS and GC key has not been updated yet.

Reactions: Anika06