+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for spousal visa - Sri Lanka

Anika06

Jul 2, 2019
Congratulation! If I am not wrong, you had been waiting since oct 2019 for this right? Good to know they are working and sending out letters. We are also waiting for passport request since July 2020. Did you get pre arrival or anything before passport request?
Thanks
Yes your correct we were waiting since October 2019. We received pre-arrival last Saturday .

Star68

Oct 21, 2020
We finally got the passport request
Congratulations! It is a great news and good to know that the visa office is processing atleast some files. If you don't mind, can you please let me know whether they asked for remedial and a new police clearance certificate? Or they just gave you PPR staright away? Thanks.

TT6

Jul 7, 2020
Hello, my hubby received a request from Colombo for documents related to his asylum claim. Has anyone experienced this and have any advice? Thank you.

Anika06

Jul 2, 2019
Congratulations! It is a great news and good to know that the visa office is processing atleast some files. If you don't mind, can you please let me know whether they asked for remedial and a new police clearance certificate? Or they just gave you PPR staright away? Thanks.
Thanks. No they did not ask me for remedical. My medical expired on the 13 of October. They just renewed. And they did not ask for a new police clearance.

Reactions: Star68

Anika06

Jul 2, 2019
Hello, my hubby received a request from Colombo for documents related to his asylum claim. Has anyone experienced this and have any advice? Thank you.
Did you tell about his asylum when you applied? You have to mention everything and that don’t affect your application.

Star68

Oct 21, 2020
Thanks. No they did not ask me for remedical. My medical expired on the 13 of October. They just renewed. And they did not ask for a new police clearance.
Thank you so much for your reply. Good times are ahead!! Enjoy the Christmas and a very happy new year to you both. Stay safe.

Reactions: Anika06

TT6

Jul 7, 2020
Did you tell about his asylum when you applied? You have to mention everything and that don’t affect your application.
Yeah we mentioned about his asylum, that he is still pending a decision and everything. But now they asked for the specific details of his claim.

BlueSky25

Aug 1, 2020
Hi, I have experienced this. I would suggest send the asylum claim documents as soon as possible, within the due date they give. Send everything they ask. Also, if you have a lawyer on your case, discuss with them if anything else needs to be sent. It is very important that you send the asylum documents. They want to verify the reason you asked for asylum. Do not delay. It is very important.
Hope this helps :)

Reactions: TT6 and Anika06

TT6

Jul 7, 2020
Hi, I have experienced this. I would suggest send the asylum claim documents as soon as possible, within the due date they give. Send everything they ask. Also, if you have a lawyer on your case, discuss with them if anything else needs to be sent. It is very important that you send the asylum documents. They want to verify the reason you asked for asylum. Do not delay. It is very important.
Hope this helps :)
Thank you! We don't have a lawyer but we are trying to gather all the relevant documents and information they are asking for. We are going tk send everything by this week. Did they reply to you after you sent them all the docs they asked for? Did they make any decision on your file?

BlueSky25

Aug 1, 2020
Thank you! We don't have a lawyer but we are trying to gather all the relevant documents and information they are asking for. We are going tk send everything by this week. Did they reply to you after you sent them all the docs they asked for? Did they make any decision on your file?
Hi, After we sent the asylum documents they did not reply to us for a year. We sent the asylum documents in November 2019. We got a reply in August 2020. They have not yet made a decision on our file. Hope this helps :)

Reactions: TT6

maple@2020

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
App. Filed.......
30-Jan-2020
Doc's Request.
17-July-2020 (Additional Document Requested)
AOR Received.
12-Feb-2020
File Transfer...
03-March-2020
Med's Request
16-July-2020
Med's Done....
17-July-2020