+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for spousal visa - Sri Lanka

shivsan

Nov 2, 2018
Sponsoring my husband from Sri Lanka. He got his medical request on the 4th Feb 2020 and he completed his medical on the 6th of Feb 2020. CIC has updated on the website that medical results have been received and I was wondering how long will it take for the Visa office to request for his passport. Anyone, please reply if they have any idea about this.
First you will recive Pre - Arrival letter and then ppr, likely you will wait two more months.

maple@2020

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
App. Filed.......
30-Jan-2020
Doc's Request.
17-July-2020 (Additional Document Requested)
AOR Received.
12-Feb-2020
File Transfer...
03-March-2020
Med's Request
16-July-2020
Med's Done....
17-July-2020
Check whether second line changed in ECAS.
it says application received. we received the email saying file is tranferred to colombo but still has not received AOR2. With this current sitution they would take months to send that out

Krish121089

Aug 20, 2019
it says application received. we received the email saying file is tranferred to colombo but still has not received AOR2. With this current sitution they would take months to send that out
When did they send your file to Colombo? If you see a date after the file transfer date. Then it is your AOR2. I didn't receive any AOR2 mail. Just a change in ECAS second line.

veekar

Star Member
Sep 5, 2019
App. Filed.......
11-07-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
File Transfer...
26-09-2019
Med's Request
13-12-2019
Med's Done....
17-12-2019
Hi everyone. I know everyone here on this forum are waiting each day for an update from IRCC / Visa office but as you know SL has started curfews which means visa offices in SL will be closed. And all the non essential travel from and to Canada has been suspended. So at this time don’t feel stressed about visa, just focus on being safe and keeping your loved ones safe, also please follow social distancing rules. We all can and will get through this and will reunite with our loved ones soon.

just keep everyone in prayers

maple@2020

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
App. Filed.......
30-Jan-2020
Doc's Request.
17-July-2020 (Additional Document Requested)
AOR Received.
12-Feb-2020
File Transfer...
03-March-2020
Med's Request
16-July-2020
Med's Done....
17-July-2020
When did they send your file to Colombo? If you see a date after the file transfer date. Then it is your AOR2. I didn't receive any AOR2 mail. Just a change in ECAS second line.
3rd of March

Manoja

May 1, 2019
Hi @Manoja any updates ?please let me know !
Hi Anika , I`m still Waitting.... Hell crazy stress waitting tooo long since oct 4th 19 medical done still no respond ! it`s goign to be 6 month if this april 4th come :( .. and you any news from ur side ? in feb they respond to my email saying Our file on visa officer desk to be viewed.

Malsha_dew

Nov 7, 2019
Hey guys!
We got the visa stamped today. My husband is here in SL. So he directly contacted the Canadian High Commission here. There's a contact number opened for Canadian citizens in CHC and the citizens are allowed for walkins. Once we contacted them yesterday they said to send an email to the mail address they provided. We were asked to come today since we mentioned in the mail that we received the pre arrival letter and that my husband is concerned leaving the country without me due to the crisis going on. We went there and got everything done in less than 10 mins and i was given the COPR as well. That was something we didn't expect at all. Hope this information will be helpful for you all. Stay positive and stay safe all. Wish you all, the best of luck and to be reunited with your loved ones soon.

Last edited: