yoge

Feb 11, 2017
canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
colombo
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017 app return 21-02-2017 resubmit 29-03-2017 citizenship app filled online 2023-Apr-10
Doc's Request.
Sch a and pcc uploaded via gc key 17/05/2007
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
File Transfer...
29-05-2017
Med's Request
01-09-2017 Re-medical Request 30-Jul-2019
Med's Done....
20-09-2017 Re-Medical Done 05th-Aug-2019
Interview........
13-03-2018 Ecas in process 05/26/2017 Aor2 05/29/2017 Ecas Changed To DM 31-Mar-2018
Passport Req..
Application Refused 2018-04-11 appeal file 2018-apr-20 Iad Confirmation May-09-2018 full hearing 23 rd may 2019 @edmonton Appel Won 14-june-2019 Additional Document Request 30-Jul-2019 doc send 13-Aug-2019 Bio metric req 13-aug-2019 Bio Completed 15-aug-2019 PPR 01-Nov-2019
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2019
LANDED..........
26-11-2019
Oh is it, has yours gone beyond the 12 month period shown on the status as estimated completion period ?
Yes progress bar showed 10 months

Abisiva

Aug 12, 2019
Hi all!! I need a help from you to make me clear on how you get estimated time frames and other real time information?? Have you guys connected through the GCKey?? Need your advise on this.. all these days I use the UCI and login to check status

TiffG

Sep 22, 2019
Hi all!! I need a help from you to make me clear on how you get estimated time frames and other real time information?? Have you guys connected through the GCKey?? Need your advise on this.. all these days I use the UCI and login to check status
I use the GC key. It's quite easy and has a bit more info than the other search

TiffG

Sep 22, 2019
Hi NilaS.
Congratulations on your husbands ppr. Can you let me know when immigration received your application?
I sponsored by husband in nov 2018 and by June his biometrics, medical were done but we have still not received any updates after that...
Your advice would be helpful.

Jameela Zaheem

May 18, 2018
Hi to all,
I applied for Permanent Residence Visa on June 15th, 2018. I received my approval Email from Immigration on August 29th, 2018. Received my Certificate of Quebec Selection on October 9th, 2018. I completed my medical on November 2018. I was asked for an additional documents on February 2019.

In my GC key acc shows on Background check option "your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."
In Final decision option shows "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made."

I want to know which is processing now first one or second one?

One year has now passed and it is taking longer than the normal processing time to receive my Visa. Do I need to wait more for my PPR ?

My message is seems too long but please can anyone advise me because I'm in very big confusion.
Thanks

sama94

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
Category........
FAM
Hi to all,
I applied for Permanent Residence Visa on June 15th, 2018. I received my approval Email from Immigration on August 29th, 2018. Received my Certificate of Quebec Selection on October 9th, 2018. I completed my medical on November 2018. I was asked for an additional documents on February 2019.

In my GC key acc shows on Background check option "your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."
In Final decision option shows "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made."

One year has now passed and it is taking longer than the normal processing time to receive my Visa. Do I need to wait more for my PPR ?

My message is seems too long but please can anyone advise me because I'm in very big confusion.
Thanks
As far as I know quebec apps are different from usual ones. But if your application has exceeded the 1 year time frame, you can contact your MP and discuss how to take it further, or send an inquiry to the relevant Visa office via the web form.

Hope it's helpful

sama94

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
Category........
FAM
Hi NilaS.
Congratulations on your husbands ppr. Can you let me know when immigration received your application?
I sponsored by husband in nov 2018 and by June his biometrics, medical were done but we have still not received any updates after that...
Same story I'm a Nov 2018 applicant too. My medical was completed back in May. No update since then. I sent a web form to Colombo Visa office and they replied back that my file is in queue and yet to be processed. It was like an automated message. I have less than two months to reach the one year time frame. Will have to wait and see how this goes

Jameela Zaheem

May 18, 2018
As far as I know quebec apps are different from usual ones. But if your application has exceeded the 1 year time frame, you can contact your MP and discuss how to take it further, or send an inquiry to the relevant Visa office via the web form.

Hope it's helpful
I sent an Email to Colombo embassy in Sri Lanka regarding asking about my process but they didn’t reply to me.

Anne 93

May 29, 2019
Hi,

Can anyone help me in linking my paper application online through GCKEYsign in ?
I tried several times to link my application online to get more updated information. Yet I couldnt link it as the messages pops in saying my application couldnt be find. Please anyone help me regarding this?

NilaS

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Hi NilaS.
Hi TiffG,

Here is my timeline.

Application Submitted Dec 14 2018
AOR received Feb 08 2019
Biometrics received and submitted Mar 2019
Medical Received and Submitted May 29 2019
Additional Documents asked - Sch A - 26 July 2019
PPR Letter Received Aug 2019
Landed Aug 2019.

You almost there and it is an waiting game. All the best and pray hard

NilaS

yoge

Feb 11, 2017
canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
colombo
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017 app return 21-02-2017 resubmit 29-03-2017 citizenship app filled online 2023-Apr-10
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
File Transfer...
29-05-2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
13-03-2018 Ecas in process 05/26/2017 Aor2 05/29/2017 Ecas Changed To DM 31-Mar-2018
Passport Req..
Application Refused 2018-04-11 appeal file 2018-apr-20 Iad Confirmation May-09-2018 full hearing 23 rd may 2019 @edmonton Appel Won 14-june-2019 Additional Document Request 30-Jul-2019 doc send 13-Aug-2019 Bio metric req 13-aug-2019 Bio Completed 15-aug-2019 PPR 01-Nov-2019
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2019
LANDED..........
26-11-2019
Hi,

Can anyone help me in linking my paper application online through GCKEYsign in ?
I tried several times to link my application online to get more updated information. Yet I couldnt link it as the messages pops in saying my application couldnt be find. Please anyone help me regarding this?
How to link an application
  1. Go to this page https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
  2. If you already have an account, just log into it and go to step 3. If you don't have an account, choose either "Continue to Sign-In Partner" or "Continue to GCKey". Attention! To find out the difference between these two, please see "Questions and Answers" section below in this post.
    If you've chosen "Sign-In Partner", create an account with one of them. If you've chosen "GCKey", on the next page click "Sign Up" and create an account. The process of creating an account is similar to signing up on any other regular website, so it shouldn't be complicated.
  3. After logging in or signing up on the previous step, you will see your account page. Click "Add (link) your application to your account".
  4. In the Category select Permanent Residence (here and below I will imply you've applied to sponsor your family member and will suggest options based on that. If your case is different, choose whatever option applies to you).
  5. In the Sub-category select the class of your application. For example "Family Class (Common-law partner)" or "Family Class (Spouses)".
  6. In "Application details: Please select one" select one of the four options. If you know an application number (if you've received AOR previously and it contains application number), you can select "Application Number and Family Name" option. If you don't know either application number or UCI, then select "Family Name, Given Name and Date of Birth".
  7. Enter the required information.
    Attention! You need to use Primary Applicant's information, i.e. PA's name, PA's date of birth, PA's UCI, etc.
    Attention! Enter the information exactly as you did in your application form IMM0008.
    Attention! A sponsor and a Primary Applicant have different UCI numbers. If you have received AOR1, it has sponsor's UCI. Do not use it! For more details about UCI number please see "Questions and Answers" section below in this post.
  8. In the "Applicant's personal information" section select either "Passport" or "Place of Birth".
  9. Enter the required information exactly as you did in your application form IMM0008.
  10. In the "Other Application Information" select the province and the city you are going to live in as you did in the form IMM0008.
  11. In the "Current marital status" select the status that applies to you. If you are a common-law, you will most probably need to select "Single" (as reported by members on this forum).
  12. In the "Number of family members, including the primary applicant, that are part of this application" enter 2 if you are sponsoring a partner with no dependents, and enter 2+number_of_dependents if you are also sponsoring any dependents (your or your partner's kids).
    Attention! Even though in the form IMM0008 you entered 1 as a number of family members including in the application (or 1 + number_of_dependents), you need to enter 2 when linking an application. I believe this is the most major issue people struggle with. Please make sure you entered 2 (and +1 per dependent if you have any).

Anne 93

May 29, 2019
How to link an application
  1. Go to this page https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
  2. If you already have an account, just log into it and go to step 3. If you don't have an account, choose either "Continue to Sign-In Partner" or "Continue to GCKey". Attention! To find out the difference between these two, please see "Questions and Answers" section below in this post.
    If you've chosen "Sign-In Partner", create an account with one of them. If you've chosen "GCKey", on the next page click "Sign Up" and create an account. The process of creating an account is similar to signing up on any other regular website, so it shouldn't be complicated.
  3. After logging in or signing up on the previous step, you will see your account page. Click "Add (link) your application to your account".
  4. In the Category select Permanent Residence (here and below I will imply you've applied to sponsor your family member and will suggest options based on that. If your case is different, choose whatever option applies to you).
  5. In the Sub-category select the class of your application. For example "Family Class (Common-law partner)" or "Family Class (Spouses)".
  6. In "Application details: Please select one" select one of the four options. If you know an application number (if you've received AOR previously and it contains application number), you can select "Application Number and Family Name" option. If you don't know either application number or UCI, then select "Family Name, Given Name and Date of Birth".
  7. Enter the required information.
    Attention! You need to use Primary Applicant's information, i.e. PA's name, PA's date of birth, PA's UCI, etc.
    Attention! Enter the information exactly as you did in your application form IMM0008.
    Attention! A sponsor and a Primary Applicant have different UCI numbers. If you have received AOR1, it has sponsor's UCI. Do not use it! For more details about UCI number please see "Questions and Answers" section below in this post.
  8. In the "Applicant's personal information" section select either "Passport" or "Place of Birth".
  9. Enter the required information exactly as you did in your application form IMM0008.
  10. In the "Other Application Information" select the province and the city you are going to live in as you did in the form IMM0008.
  11. In the "Current marital status" select the status that applies to you. If you are a common-law, you will most probably need to select "Single" (as reported by members on this forum).
  12. In the "Number of family members, including the primary applicant, that are part of this application" enter 2 if you are sponsoring a partner with no dependents, and enter 2+number_of_dependents if you are also sponsoring any dependents (your or your partner's kids).
    Attention! Even though in the form IMM0008 you entered 1 as a number of family members including in the application (or 1 + number_of_dependents), you need to enter 2 when linking an application. I believe this is the most major issue people struggle with. Please make sure you entered 2 (and +1 per dependent if you have any).
Thank you so much Yoge, This is very much clear. Will try.

Reactions: yoge

yoge

Feb 11, 2017
canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
colombo
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
File Transfer...
29-05-2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2019
LANDED..........
26-11-2019

SJK90

Nov 1, 2018
Hi to all,

Thanks
I’m also a Quebec applicant and will hit my one year mark this October. Still haven’t received our medical request. As far as I know, after the one year mark we can contact our MP; however, I think we can also request GCMS notes for further details.