+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for spousal visa - Sri Lanka

Reshan

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Hi can you explain about what they have asked in the medical instructions
Hi,
It's just an email saying that the medical need to be submitted within 30 days. And that I need to make an appointment with an IRCC approved panel physician.
Also for the appointment I need to bring in these documents ;
• The attached Medical Report form (IMM1017E)
• Identification, including your passport if one is available. Proof of identity must include at least one
government-issued document with photograph and signature, such as a passport or driver’s license.
• Eye glasses or contact lenses, if worn
• Four recent photographs. You will need to bring these only if the doctor you select from the list of panel physicians
does not work with IRCC via the eMedical system. Please check with the doctor’s office when you book your
appointment
• Interim Federal Health Certificate (IMM 5695) or Refugee Protection Claimant Document – for individuals eligible for
coverage under the Interim Federal Health Program (IFHP)

When you make the appointment just make sure to double check it with the clinic.
Good luck!

Reactions: Kerina

Kerina

Mar 20, 2019
Hi,
It's just an email saying that the medical need to be submitted within 30 days. And that I need to make an appointment with an IRCC approved panel physician.
Also for the appointment I need to bring in these documents ;
• The attached Medical Report form (IMM1017E)
• Identification, including your passport if one is available. Proof of identity must include at least one
government-issued document with photograph and signature, such as a passport or driver’s license.
• Eye glasses or contact lenses, if worn
• Four recent photographs. You will need to bring these only if the doctor you select from the list of panel physicians
does not work with IRCC via the eMedical system. Please check with the doctor’s office when you book your
appointment
• Interim Federal Health Certificate (IMM 5695) or Refugee Protection Claimant Document – for individuals eligible for
coverage under the Interim Federal Health Program (IFHP)

When you make the appointment just make sure to double check it with the clinic.
Good luck!
Did you submit anything like vaccination card to the doc

Reshan

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Did you submit anything like vaccination card to the doc
No need for vaccination card. But you have to take any medication you are currently taking if you are taking any. Maybe might be a good idea to take the prescription too if you have it with the medication. Need to take your eye glasses if you wear any. They will do a chest x-ray, check blood pressure, height, weight, eye sight, urine, blood and then a doctor will do a physical. That's about it though.

Reactions: Kerina and yoge

Radipol

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
This is totally unbelievable. The only means we have to know about our application are the emails and thethe gckey updates. What are we supposed to do if they are false? I still can't grasp how a file can be in transit for such a long time. This is really outrageous.i feel so bad for you. There is no Human factor in this entire framework for processing, we are being treated like some paperwork

I hope and pray you receive a positive update asap don't lose hope
I hope so too. I just don't understand what happened and why...but this is ridiculous beyond words. I worry not knowing how much more time it will be in transit before they say they received it.

Kerina

Mar 20, 2019
No need for vaccination card. But you have to take any medication you are currently taking if you are taking any. Maybe might be a good idea to take the prescription too if you have it with the medication. Need to take your eye glasses if you wear any. They will do a chest x-ray, check blood pressure, height, weight, eye sight, urine, blood and then a doctor will do a physical. That's about it though.
Thank you so much

Reactions: Reshan

SJK90

Nov 1, 2018
Hi there, may I know how you sent that email? I would like to try as well. I thought they don't reply at all before the 1 year mark. My app is similar to yours I think. 3.5 months to hit 1 year time frame. My file was transferred on Feb 27 2019
I just gave it a shot and they emailed us back. They didn’t give us much info. Just that our file is in queue.

The email is: colombo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

yoge

Feb 11, 2017
canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
colombo
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017 app return 21-02-2017 resubmit 29-03-2017 citizenship app filled online 2023-Apr-10
Doc's Request.
Sch a and pcc uploaded via gc key 17/05/2007
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
File Transfer...
29-05-2017
Med's Request
01-09-2017 Re-medical Request 30-Jul-2019
Med's Done....
20-09-2017 Re-Medical Done 05th-Aug-2019
Interview........
13-03-2018 Ecas in process 05/26/2017 Aor2 05/29/2017 Ecas Changed To DM 31-Mar-2018
Passport Req..
Application Refused 2018-04-11 appeal file 2018-apr-20 Iad Confirmation May-09-2018 full hearing 23 rd may 2019 @edmonton Appel Won 14-june-2019 Additional Document Request 30-Jul-2019 doc send 13-Aug-2019 Bio metric req 13-aug-2019 Bio Completed 15-aug-2019 PPR 01-Nov-2019
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2019
LANDED..........
26-11-2019
Today my gc key updated I think my file reopen again after won appeal

Manoja

May 1, 2019
Hi Guy`s, I live in Québec and sponsoring my husband from sri-lanka. i have
submit my file in oct 2018 and
returned resubmit in 22jan 2019.
all the process in quebec are done even
got CSQ on 29May2019-
file transfered to colombo start process 09Apr19

still waitting ... havn`t received any news of process is that normal ?
people who have submit there file after us got for fingerprint and waitting for medical now...
but for us still no sign of any movement !