Waived
Passport Req..
Nov. 10, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 17, 2016
LANDED..........
Soon
dnyfyn said:
All I can tell for December is that, my friend who is a Sri Lankan sponsoring his Sri Lankan wife, landed today in Canada.

Applied in December
Additional document requested in June
Visa issued - Last week of September with one week expiry
Landed today.
Wow, it appears that if you are sponsoring a wife, they get visa in a timely manner.

We applied early December as well. Additional docs were requested in May. Haven't heard from CIC after that. My hubby's medicals expire end of next month. We even send more pics from our wedding reception and other pics from trips I made to SL. But, nothing from CIC. Requested GCMS notes in Aug, nothing from them either.

It's so frustrating especially because he submitted resignation to his job also for December. :(

suthatheone

Apr 5, 2016
nilav said:
hi sutha ..What are they telling(co) ? Was any requests asked by them? Have you appointed representative for you ? I think they may give visa I short time if we appointed representative. .
CO requested additional documents and handed-in Feb 2016 and medical expired 3 months ago and didn't request for re-medical yet. I got touch with my MP office and talking to them back and forth.......... telling me to wait another month.

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
suthatheone said:
CO requested additional documents and handed-in Feb 2016 and medical expired 3 months ago and didn't request for re-medical yet. I got touch with my MP office and talking to them back and forth.......... telling me to wait another month.
Suthatheone, when my MP contacted the immigration here in Canada 2 weeks ago, immigration advised me to wait another 6 months. 15 months already passed for me. frigging hell!!!!

suthatheone

Apr 5, 2016
Lav_Canadian said:
Suthatheone, when my MP contacted the immigration here in Canada 2 weeks ago, immigration advised me to wait another 6 months. 15 months already passed for me. frigging hell!!!!
I guess now you have get legal representative to deal with CIC and you should. for my case i have passed 13 months.

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
suthatheone said:
I guess now you have get legal representative to deal with CIC and you should. for my case i have passed 13 months.
No point of getting a legal rep since my case is still being processed. I have to wait until a decision is made in order to hire a legal rep and have to go through the long lengthy process to fight it if the decision turns out to be negativity.. that's the only thing I am worried about cuz I heard they can use any lame reason to reject.

Rainbow21

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Doc's Request.
Feb 2016
AOR Received.
Jan.2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Sept.2015
Hey guys just have a question if anyone knows the answer to... my cic link app says not needed at this time under interview and my background check is in process... so my question is would there be a chance of interview for my husband.. like do they decide for interview before doing the background check or even after doing background check they still can call for an interview. Even though he did not travel anywhr out of srilanka and we showed a lot of proof for our relationship.. I am just worried they might use a stupid reason to call for interview.. and coming nov its going to be 1 yr since this whole process....

skmayu

May 25, 2016
suthatheone said:
See the things i don't understand. My wife medical expired 1 1/2 month ago, and got a remedical within a week. like 2 weeks ago myservice said medical passed. but other category Review of eligibility "Review in Progress", criminality and security "not started". I submitted my docs mid sept last year. I tried to apply GCMS notes and today got a email saying i need resubmit consent form. Someone mentioned they don't ask for remedical until security check is done, but in my case it doesn't look that way.

AIIA

Apr 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2014
AOR Received.
19-12-2014
File Transfer...
01-01-2015
Med's Request
21-10-2015 and 08-11-2016
Med's Done....
27-10-2015 and 18-11-2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
19-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-01-2017
Hi all,

I am new to this forum! I've been checking it for a long time but never actually posted. I sponsored my husband nearly two years ago, app filed October 10, 2014 and we still have not been given a decision. We've had various document requests, had remedical done almost a year ago and 2nd police clearance was submitted just around a month ago. From what you guys have been talking about, seems like it's easier to sponsor a wife than a husband!

@Leo

Aug 30, 2016
AIIA said:
Hi all,

I am new to this forum! I've been checking it for a long time but never actually posted. I sponsored my husband nearly two years ago, app filed October 10, 2014 and we still have not been given a decision. We've had various document requests, had remedical done almost a year ago and 2nd police clearance was submitted just around a month ago. From what you guys have been talking about, seems like it's easier to sponsor a wife than a husband!
Have you spoke with MP? Or legal rep? I'm waiting for past 17 months.

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
AIIA said:
Hi all,

wow I thought I have been waiting forever (15 months). I sponsored my husband 15 months ago and they are keep saying he is in the queue for an interview. He's been in the queue for an interview for so many months now. I am not sure why urs is taking way too long. Has ur husband lived in any other countries? Did they call him for an interview? I know if the sponsored person ever lived in canada and got deported it will take forever to bring them to Canada.

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
AIIA said:
Hi all,

You are correct about that..majority of the females are in Canada within 9 months.