+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for spousal visa - Sri Lanka

luci1209

Aug 26, 2011
got an email to submit the schedule A on 25th March and i was checking using the sponsor UCI till now and there was no fourth line but i just checked using the PR UCI today and found the fourth line was available so no idea when the fourth line was added

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2012 Refused 2014- Reopened Jan 2016
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
luci1209 said:
got an email to submit the schedule A on 25th March and i was checking using the sponsor UCI till now and there was no fourth line but i just checked using the PR UCI today and found the fourth line was available so no idea when the fourth line was added
I hope that is normal because the additional document means schedule A fodm. So u have to wait for further notice. And for you confirmation just you can send them an email saying that you have submitted the requested document which is schedule A form and other document which u submitted. So they can alert you if the file missed or if any other thing they wil contact u again.

superwoman

Nov 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2015
Doc's Request.
December 2015
File Transfer...
November 5 2015
Med's Request
upfront medical
Med's Done....
August 2015
Interview........
No interviews
Passport Req..
April 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 2016
LANDED..........
May 2016
Hello all :)

Anybody from June, July, August 2015 receive any good news ? Kankan ! any luck bro ? :-[

BlueSapphire

Jan 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Med's Request
Upfront July 2015
Med's Done....
RE-MED Oct 2016
Hello Everyone :),

I submitted my app in Nov 2015 and got requested to submit a few docs including original police clearance.
Did anyone submit it in person? Do we just bring a folder with the documents with file number and hand to the High Commission of Canada in Colombo?
(What is the address you went to?)

Please share your experiences.

Thank you and good luck to all!

123jukid

Apr 2, 2016
BlueSapphire said:
Hello Everyone :),

I submitted my app in Nov 2015 and got requested to submit a few docs including original police clearance.
Did anyone submit it in person? Do we just bring a folder with the documents with file number and hand to the High Commission of Canada in Colombo?
(What is the address you went to?)

Please share your experiences.

Thank you and good luck to all!

It should be give to Canadian embassy in Sl.
Put all the requested docs in a envelop along with the copy of e- mail that requesting docs. DONT seal the envelop.Because when you going to submit the docs to Canadian embassy in SL the security officer asks to open the envelope and looking for relevant e-mail and docs afterwards the envelop will be sealed at the security office and they will take your signature and they will take the envelop. Make sure that you write yr full name and File or case number on th outside of the envelop.

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
Hi There,

Let me take all of you to a very basic question. Does anybody know how long the processing takes for colombo embassy. I meet people from Sri Lanka who say they came in 4 months and I also meet people from Sri Lanka who say it took about 20 months.

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
dnyfyn said:
Hi There,

Let me take all of you to a very basic question. Does anybody know how long the processing takes for colombo embassy. I meet people from Sri Lanka who say they came in 4 months and I also meet people from Sri Lanka who say it took about 20 months.
Hi,

Upto my knowledge peoples get their PPR within 6 months if the officer satisfied with your application..If not they will ask for additional documents.

If they ask for additional document then god only knows the exact processing time. If you write email they wont reply you at all if it is within the time limit(Which is 17 months).

Canada embassy is the only embassy which says 17 months for sponsoring spouse....Tats really a frustrating process

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
Thanks a lot for the information

BlueSapphire

Jan 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Med's Request
Upfront July 2015
Med's Done....
RE-MED Oct 2016
123jukid said:
It should be give to Canadian embassy in Sl.
Put all the requested docs in a envelop along with the copy of e- mail that requesting docs. DONT seal the envelop.Because when you going to submit the docs to Canadian embassy in SL the security officer asks to open the envelope and looking for relevant e-mail and docs afterwards the envelop will be sealed at the security office and they will take your signature and they will take the envelop. Make sure that you write yr full name and File or case number on th outside of the envelop.
Thank you very much for the information :)

jay-z

Mar 21, 2016
luci1209 said:
got the fourth line update under the PR status

Permanent Residence

We received your application for permanent residence on December 7, 2015.
We started processing your application on February 23, 2016.
Medical results have been received.
We sent you correspondence on March 25, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Anyone knows what will happen after this. I was required to send Schedule A from 18 years onward and i sent it
Same here awaiting result (PR application sent oct 26) requested to submit schedule A, submitted on march 1st .. no results yet

jay-z

Mar 21, 2016
superwoman said:
Hello all :)

Anybody from June, July, August 2015 receive any good news ? Kankan ! any luck bro ? :-[
Hey superwoman,

Im a October applicant, i was wondering if they asked you to resubmit updated schedule A.
if so, would you mind telling me whats happening with your file at the moment.

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
jay-z said:
Same here awaiting result (PR application sent oct 26) requested to submit schedule A, submitted on march 1st .. no results yet
Hi jay,

Same here i too submitted schedule A form and police clearance on Last week feb and done remedical on feb 1st week. Still no response!!! Anybody have idea how this works and how long would they takes to contact us??

superwoman

Nov 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2015
Doc's Request.
December 2015
File Transfer...
November 5 2015
Med's Request
upfront medical
Med's Done....
August 2015
Interview........
No interviews
Passport Req..
April 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 2016
LANDED..........
May 2016
jay-z said:
Hey superwoman,

Im a October applicant, i was wondering if they asked you to resubmit updated schedule A.
if so, would you mind telling me whats happening with your file at the moment.
Hey Jay-Z,

Nope they did not ask me to submit any additional documents nor schedule A, because I had submitted everything when i mailed the application. My husband did receive a call inquiring of any dependents but since there were none he told them so. I emailed them and the response was that the file is in Que for an officer's review. that's all i know about my file as of now.

Saina

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
superwoman said:
Hey Jay-Z,

Nope they did not ask me to submit any additional documents nor schedule A, because I had submitted everything when i mailed the application. My husband did receive a call inquiring of any dependents but since there were none he told them so. I emailed them and the response was that the file is in Que for an officer's review. that's all i know about my file as of now.
can u tell me the email address to enquire about my visa!!my vo s Colombo only.nothing heard from them till now.applied on December.my ecas updated in to in process.n lines r added started processing on .....any idea..

superwoman

Nov 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2015
Doc's Request.
December 2015
File Transfer...