AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
23-12-2014
Passport Req..
26-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2015
Thank you for the feedback. I appreciate it.

shan30

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2013
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
July 23, 2013
File Transfer...
August 1, 2013
Med's Done....
June 19, 2013
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
November 07, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 12, 2013
LANDED..........
Soon
Silva said:
Hi Guys,

So iam new, i couldn't find this Sri Lankan thread for a long time so now that i found it i thought i will join this. Anyway i was in a 8 year relationship and finally got married this May. My Husband is sponsoring me. Docs were Received by CIC on the - 22nd of July 2013
AOR - 20th of August
File Transfer - 20th August 2013.
Meds done - 27 May 2013

And now im waiting......
Hi Silva

I have almost the same timeline as you. Hopefully our application will go to "in-process" soon. I know someone whose application got transferred to Colombo on May 24th and the status changed to "in-process" on August 5th (about 2 months). So hopefully it will be the same for us also.

shan30

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2013
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
July 23, 2013
File Transfer...
August 1, 2013
Med's Done....
June 19, 2013
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
November 07, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 12, 2013
LANDED..........
Soon
kris_m said:
hi guys i sent my sponsorship application on 9 january 2013
decision made and file has been sent to SL on 29 january 2013
PR application status changed from application received to "in process" (started processing your PR application) in Sep 4 2013

Does any one has any idea how long it will take to finalize the sponsorship since "in process" (started processing your PR applicaion) was posted on sep 4 2013
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Hi Kris

Usually it doesn't take 8 months for the status to change to "in-process". Maybe the visa office did not update the ECAS regularly. They probably have started processing your application way before Sept 4th.

I hope you will hear about the visa soon.

Silva

Sep 10, 2013
shan30 said:
Hi Silva

I have almost the same timeline as you. Hopefully our application will go to "in-process" soon. I know someone whose application got transferred to Colombo on May 24th and the status changed to "in-process" on August 5th (about 2 months). So hopefully it will be the same for us also.
Hi Shan,

Yes im hoping things will workout soon because its sooo frustrating. anyway i met this couple once at the place i was working and i spoke to the lady and she had also got married to a Canadian Citizen and she confirmed to me it took her exactly 4 months from the day she applied to the day she got her Visa stamped. So i kind of quit my job because i wanted to spend time with my family before i left, but after getting into this process and realizing some people have waited for such along time haaaa it kills me....... but atleast i know there are soo many out there like me. waiting to start life ;) ;)

ArunT

Aug 13, 2013
Guys,

My wife got her visa on Aug 26th.

Here is my timeline

Applied on May 1st, 2013 in Canada
Application fwrd to Colombo on May 24th, 2013
Status changed to "In Process" from Application Received, On Aug 5th, 2013 with an update "We started processing your application on July 26th, 2013.

On Aug 16th E-CAS status changed to Decision Made. So, I emailed the visa office on Aug 16th, No Reply from them. Emailed again on Aug 21st got a reply saying 'Refer to the email we sent you on Aug 16" but I have not received any email from VO on Aug 16. So I replied to them saying haven't got any email So they sent another email with the instruction to how and where to pick the visa.

We have not got a call or letter from visa office just only email.

And my wife went to the VFS office in Colombo and collected her visa it took 3 days at VFS.

just a note, if you are planning to send email to VO, you give them the rights to communicate with you via email so you have to check your email regularly. It appears they don't call once they email you the instruction (not sure, it is only for me they didn't call but be careful checking your emails and E-CAS update...)

E-CAS update was pretty accurate for me....

Hope it helps....

shan30

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2013
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
July 23, 2013
File Transfer...
August 1, 2013
Med's Done....
June 19, 2013
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
November 07, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 12, 2013
LANDED..........
Soon
Oh Wow ArunT Congrats.... This is such a quick turn around time. I am very happy for you.

Hope my application also gets processed similar to your timeline.

Can't wait

ArunT said:
Guys,

My wife got her visa on Aug 26th.

Here is my timeline

Applied on May 1st, 2013 in Canada
Application fwrd to Colombo on May 24th, 2013
Status changed to "In Process" from Application Received, On Aug 5th, 2013 with an update "We started processing your application on July 26th, 2013.

On Aug 16th E-CAS status changed to Decision Made. So, I emailed the visa office on Aug 16th, No Reply from them. Emailed again on Aug 21st got a reply saying 'Refer to the email we sent you on Aug 16" but I have not received any email from VO on Aug 16. So I replied to them saying haven't got any email So they sent another email with the instruction to how and where to pick the visa.

We have not got a call or letter from visa office just only email.

And my wife went to the VFS office in Colombo and collected her visa it took 3 days at VFS.

just a note, if you are planning to send email to VO, you give them the rights to communicate with you via email so you have to check your email regularly. It appears they don't call once they email you the instruction (not sure, it is only for me they didn't call but be careful checking your emails and E-CAS update...)

E-CAS update was pretty accurate for me....

Hope it helps....

RicBisl

Sep 9, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
COLOMBO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
23-12-2014
Passport Req..
26-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2015
Did anyone use a Lawyer to help with the process or you just got the forms and filled it out yourselves

shan30

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2013
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
July 23, 2013
File Transfer...
August 1, 2013
Med's Done....
June 19, 2013
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
November 07, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 12, 2013
LANDED..........
Soon
I did it by myself. All the questions are self explanatory. But once you fill it, it is good to review it with someone to make sure you have everything you need. It is easy to miss a small requirement and it will cause unnecessary delays later on.

RicBisl said:
Did anyone use a Lawyer to help with the process or you just got the forms and filled it out yourselves

Silva

Sep 10, 2013
I didnt use a lawyer neither did i get it checked but im pretty confident with what i put together and plus the guide was sooo informative and straight forward.

Silva

Sep 10, 2013
Hey....

I have a question... when the status changes to ''In Progress'' does this mean that VO only starts processing the file at that point..... and does it mean that they dont look into the file until then???

shan30

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2013
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
July 23, 2013
File Transfer...
August 1, 2013
Med's Done....
June 19, 2013
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
November 07, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 12, 2013
LANDED..........
Soon
Usually that is what it means. But it could be that they changed the status on ECAS late and they probably have already started the process.

Has your status changed?

Silva said:
Hey....

I have a question... when the status changes to ''In Progress'' does this mean that VO only starts processing the file at that point..... and does it mean that they dont look into the file until then???

shan30

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2013
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
July 23, 2013
File Transfer...
August 1, 2013
Med's Done....
June 19, 2013
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
November 07, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 12, 2013
LANDED..........
Soon
Hey Guys,

A Good news... My status changed to "Medical Results Have been received".. I guess it is one step closer in the application process. A very good news to start my monday

Silva

Sep 10, 2013
shan30 said:
Hey Guys,

A Good news... My status changed to "Medical Results Have been received".. I guess it is one step closer in the application process. A very good news to start my monday
Great that is really good news. I too have the same status but its been like that for the past 2 weeks or so. It maybe because I did my medicals in May.

shan30

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2013
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
July 23, 2013
File Transfer...
August 1, 2013
Med's Done....
June 19, 2013
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
November 07, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 12, 2013
LANDED..........
Soon
When was your file got transferred to Colombo? Has your status changed to "in-process" yet?

Silva said:
Great that is really good news. I too have the same status but its been like that for the past 2 weeks or so. It maybe because I did my medicals in May.