Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
November 07, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 12, 2013
LANDED..........
Soon
Congratz Sweet. Hope to hear from more Colombo VO people, the good news!!

Sweet3 said:
Hey guys! Husband got his visa

Sweet3

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
COL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shan30 said:
Congratz Sweet. Hope to hear from more Colombo VO people, the good news!!

Hello guys, husbands landing tommorow :)good luck to everyone

Sweet3

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
COL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys... Husband and I got only civil wedding with 100 people. It was at my grand parents house. We are also both a young couple 22-24. The only thing that was strong in our case was the proofs we submitted. Also our grand album! We submitted alot of puctures we tooktogether. Even visa skype. Our iphone text msgs, enails, phone bills, letters, cards, bd gift, random gift, fb posting, fb msgs, etc!!!

Sweet3

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
COL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sweet3 said:
Hi guys... Husband and I got only civil wedding with 100 people. It was at my grand parents house. We are also both a young couple 22-24. The only thing that was strong in our case was the proofs we submitted. Also our grand album! We submitted alot of puctures we tooktogether. Even visa skype. Our iphone text msgs, enails, phone bills, letters, cards, bd gift, random gift, fb posting, fb msgs, etc!!!
I hope this will help u guys.

shan30

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2013
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
July 23, 2013
File Transfer...
August 1, 2013
Med's Done....
June 19, 2013
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
November 07, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 12, 2013
LANDED..........
Soon
Thanks Sweet. That is great to hear.. I have submitted similar documents too... Thanks for sharing

Sweet3 said:

shan30

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2013
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
July 23, 2013
File Transfer...
August 1, 2013
Med's Done....
June 19, 2013
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
November 07, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 12, 2013
LANDED..........
Soon
Also another question for you Sweet.. When did your husband hear from the Colombo VO after the file transfer?

shan30 said:
Thanks Sweet. That is great to hear.. I have submitted similar documents too... Thanks for sharing

shan30

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2013
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
July 23, 2013
File Transfer...
August 1, 2013
Med's Done....
June 19, 2013
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
November 07, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 12, 2013
LANDED..........
Soon
Guys any update from Colombo VO for anyone??

RicBisl

Sep 9, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
COLOMBO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
23-12-2014
Passport Req..
26-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2015
Sweet3 said:
I am new to the forum - And I think I am in the right place, so here goes..

I am a Canadian Citizen, that is going to marry a Sri Lankan citizen girl, (she is currently overseas on a student visa studying and will be back in Sri Lanka once her studies are finished)

My Plan is to get Registered (Civil Ceremony) in Dec [in Sri Lanka], and then Marry her next year in the spring/summer season [also in Sri Lanka]
The reason is because some of my family from Canada can only make it for the wedding if its around the spring/summer. (and her family is in Sri Lanka and they wont be able to come to Canada)

I want to start the sponsorship process as soon as the Registration is done, so that when I marry her in the spring/summer, I should theoretically be able to bring her with me back to Canada as she should have gotten her Visa approved.

Now my question is, If I do the registration[CivilCeremony] in Dec, will that be enough for me to sponsor her? or must I also do the religious wedding to have it started. (cause if I have to do the religious wedding to get it started, then I might as well do registration and religious wedding at once)

Please advise

kris_m

Sep 10, 2013
hi guys i sent my sponsorship application on 9 january 2013
decision made and file has been sent to SL on 29 january 2013
PR application status changed from application received to "in process" (started processing your PR application) in Sep 4 2013

Does any one has any idea how long it will take to finalize the sponsorship since "in process" (started processing your PR applicaion) was posted on sep 4 2013
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Silva

Sep 10, 2013
Hi Guys,

So iam new, i couldn't find this Sri Lankan thread for a long time so now that i found it i thought i will join this. Anyway i was in a 8 year relationship and finally got married this May. My Husband is sponsoring me. Docs were Received by CIC on the - 22nd of July 2013
AOR - 20th of August
File Transfer - 20th August 2013.
Meds done - 27 May 2013

And now im waiting......

shan30

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2013
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
July 23, 2013
File Transfer...
August 1, 2013
Med's Done....
June 19, 2013
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
November 07, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 12, 2013
LANDED..........
Soon
RicBisl said:
I am new to the forum - And I think I am in the right place, so here goes..

I am a Canadian Citizen, that is going to marry a Sri Lankan citizen girl, (she is currently overseas on a student visa studying and will be back in Sri Lanka once her studies are finished)

My Plan is to get Registered (Civil Ceremony) in Dec [in Sri Lanka], and then Marry her next year in the spring/summer season [also in Sri Lanka]
The reason is because some of my family from Canada can only make it for the wedding if its around the spring/summer. (and her family is in Sri Lanka and they wont be able to come to Canada)

I want to start the sponsorship process as soon as the Registration is done, so that when I marry her in the spring/summer, I should theoretically be able to bring her with me back to Canada as she should have gotten her Visa approved.

Now my question is, If I do the registration[CivilCeremony] in Dec, will that be enough for me to sponsor her? or must I also do the religious wedding to have it started. (cause if I have to do the religious wedding to get it started, then I might as well do registration and religious wedding at once)

Please advise
Hi RicBisl

Legal wedding is enough to do the sponsorship, provided you can convince the visa officer that it is a legit ceremony. You have to show pictures of the ceremony and other proofs. If possible invite lot of guests for the registration. I know people who have gotten visa with only the registration.

In fact, I sponsored with just the legal marriage. My application is in Sri Lanka now. It got transferred on August 1st. I am still waiting for the status to change to "in-process"