Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
09-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2013
LANDED..........
Waiting...
hey guys , I am gonna leave from Sri Lanka on 15th .. ;D Hope u all will get ur visas soon.. all the best to u all . :)
quick qn/ I am really worrying abbout my jewels in SL airport :'( do i need to wear all the jewels like godess :p ?or can i carry them in my carry-on?

DOUBLET

Star Member
Dec 1, 2012
nishar said:
hey guys , I am gonna leave from Sri Lanka on 15th .. ;D Hope u all will get ur visas soon.. all the best to u all . :)
quick qn/ I am really worrying abbout my jewels in SL airport :'( do i need to wear all the jewels like godess :p ?or can i carry them in my carry-on?
Thats great news Nishar...so excited for you. I think it should be fine keeping the jewles in your carry on, and would probably be better for you. Just keep and eye on your luggage ;-). If they do question you, then just let them know the truth, that you didn't want to wear them...but I dont think it would be a problem at all.

Have a safe journey :)

ArunT

Aug 13, 2013
Does anyone know Colombo -Sri Lanka VO email? I just want to send them an email and check my status. Today, my status changed to In Progress.

Thanks

DOUBLET

Star Member
Dec 1, 2012
ArunT said:
Does anyone know Colombo -Sri Lanka VO email? I just want to send them an email and check my status. Today, my status changed to In Progress.

Thanks
Colombo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

What is your timeline?

ArunT

Aug 13, 2013
DOUBLET said:
Colombo-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

What is your timeline?
Thanks DOUBLET,

I guess I should be the last to have applied for visa in this forum. :). I know, I should patiently wait.

Here is my time line

Applied on May 1st, 2013 in Canada
Application fwrd to Colombo on May 24th, 2013
Status changed to "In Process" from Application Received, On Aug 5th, 2013 with an update "We started processing your application on July 26th, 2013.

Any past experience how long will it take from the date status change to In Progress.... Nishar got in a week from her status change but I don't expect that quickly :p it seemed she waited 6 months to get her visa.

DOUBLET

Star Member
Dec 1, 2012
ArunT said:
Thanks DOUBLET,

I guess I should be the last to have applied for visa in this forum. :). I know, I should patiently wait.

Here is my time line

Status changed to "In Process" from Application Received, On Aug 5th, 2013 with an update "We started processing your application on July 26th, 2013.

Any past experience how long will it take from the date status change to In Progress.... Nishar got in a week from her status change but I don't expect that quickly :p it seemed she waited 6 months to get her visa.
I think the normal time after processing status is about 1-2 weeks...I think you should be hearing good news soon. Very fast processing time for you! That's great! :)

shan30

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2013
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
July 23, 2013
File Transfer...
August 1, 2013
Med's Done....
June 19, 2013
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
November 07, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 12, 2013
LANDED..........
Soon
Hi Guys,

I am the sponsor and I sponsored my wife who is in Sri lanka. I got the Sponsor Approval and the file is transferred to Colombo VO.

I have a small issue. I applied under my wife's after-marriage name. I got the name changed on her passport also. I attached the copy of the "Observations" page where the name was changed. All my application forms also bear the after-marriage name.

But when I saw the sponsor approval letter and AOR, it has my wife's birth name. I contacted Case Processing Centre in Mississauga and no reply from them.

So I sent a letter through Web Form on Srilanka.gc.ca and explained this situation. It has been only 2 days since I contacted the VO.

Do you think this will be an issue? It is actually a mistake that CPC-M made

Please advise if anyone has experienced anything similar?

shan30

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2013
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
July 23, 2013
File Transfer...
August 1, 2013
Med's Done....
June 19, 2013
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
November 07, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 12, 2013
LANDED..........
Soon
Hi ArunT

Good to hear regarding your progress. I guess I am the last one now on this forum to have applied.

Please share your progress with me as I am about 2 months behind your timeline.

Thanks and Good luck to you!

ArunT said:
Thanks DOUBLET,

Here is my time line

ArunT

Aug 13, 2013
shan30 said:
Hi Guys,

I am the sponsor and I sponsored my wife who is in Sri lanka. I got the Sponsor Approval and the file is transferred to Colombo VO.

I have a small issue. I applied under my wife's after-marriage name. I got the name changed on her passport also. I attached the copy of the "Observations" page where the name was changed. All my application forms also bear the after-marriage name.

But when I saw the sponsor approval letter and AOR, it has my wife's birth name. I contacted Case Processing Centre in Mississauga and no reply from them.

So I sent a letter through Web Form on Srilanka.gc.ca and explained this situation. It has been only 2 days since I contacted the VO.

Do you think this will be an issue? It is actually a mistake that CPC-M made

Please advise if anyone has experienced anything similar?
This happened to me as well. So, I called CIC-M and they realized their mistake right away and said, nothing to worry about it and asked me to send a letter to VO- Colombo. So, I sent a letter with passport copy with the name change page to VO-Colombo and CIC-M. And they changed the name to after marriage name within a week in E-CAS. But CIC-M told me nothing to worry about it when VO-Colombo process the file they will correct it as they are the one who will look at the files carefully.

But, I anyways sent a letter and got it corrected.

I know people who had this issue and didnt make any attempt to correct but VO-Colombo corrected it itself.

shan30

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2013
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
July 23, 2013
File Transfer...
August 1, 2013
Med's Done....
June 19, 2013
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
November 07, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 12, 2013
LANDED..........
Soon
That's very nice to hear Arun. Do you think the request I sent through their web suffice? Or do I need to send a hardcopy letter to the VO?

Also I guess, VO in Colombo received my application only on August 1st. So it might take some time for them to check the details.

I will wait for some more time then.

Are you actually being sponsored or you are the sponsor? Also, did you have the religious wedding also?

i had only the official wedding and it was a big function with about 300 guests. My religious wedding will be in February. So I am hoping to bring my wife when I go in February.

Crossing my fingers!! Good luck to you again

ArunT said:
This happened to me as well. So, I called CIC-M and they realized their mistake right away and said, nothing to worry about it and asked me to send a letter to VO- Colombo. So, I sent a letter with passport copy with the name change page to VO-Colombo and CIC-M. And they changed the name to after marriage name within a week in E-CAS. But CIC-M told me nothing to worry about it when VO-Colombo process the file they will correct it as they are the one who will look at the files carefully.

But, I anyways sent a letter and got it corrected.

I know people who had this issue and didnt make any attempt to correct but VO-Colombo corrected it itself.

ArunT

Aug 13, 2013
shan30 said:
That's very nice to hear Arun. Do you think the request I sent through their web suffice? Or do I need to send a hardcopy letter to the VO?

Also I guess, VO in Colombo received my application only on August 1st. So it might take some time for them to check the details.

I will wait for some more time then.

Are you actually being sponsored or you are the sponsor? Also, did you have the religious wedding also?

i had only the official wedding and it was a big function with about 300 guests. My religious wedding will be in February. So I am hoping to bring my wife when I go in February.

Crossing my fingers!! Good luck to you again
I am sponsor and we had religious wedding and reception in Sri Lanka. I waited a week since CIC-M forwarded my application then sent the letter to VO-Colombo I don't think it matters whether you sent a letter or not but just in case, I sent. Hard copy should make a difference and in my case, I saw they changed the name in E-CAS a hint they started working on my application... So I would still send a hard copy and we submitted in person...

ArunT

Aug 13, 2013
DOUBLET said:
I think the normal time after processing status is about 1-2 weeks...I think you should be hearing good news soon. Very fast processing time for you! That's great! :)
Thanks DOUBLET!

Lets hope for the best! :)

shan30

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2013
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
July 23, 2013
File Transfer...
August 1, 2013
Med's Done....
June 19, 2013
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
November 07, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 12, 2013
LANDED..........
Soon
Thanks Arun.

Do you know if VO looks at the religious wedding specifically? I have a friend who got the sponsor before the religious wedding. So I am hoping they don't mind as long as the marriage is legit on their perspective?

ArunT said:
I am sponsor and we had religious wedding and reception in Sri Lanka. I waited a week since CIC-M forwarded my application then sent the letter to VO-Colombo I don't think it matters whether you sent a letter or not but just in case, I sent. Hard copy should make a difference and in my case, I saw they changed the name in E-CAS a hint they started working on my application... So I would still send a hard copy and we submitted in person...

ArunT

Aug 13, 2013
shan30 said:
Thanks Arun.

Do you know if VO looks at the religious wedding specifically? I have a friend who got the sponsor before the religious wedding. So I am hoping they don't mind as long as the marriage is legit on their perspective?
You are right! But I think religious wedding adds value to the case so that they can determine legitimacy of the case faster... that's the only difference...