+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for spousal visa - Sri Lanka

juud

Nov 26, 2019
Nothing yet. :(
only 3 more months to hit one year. We are hoping at least we can have a positive outcome by then. This wait is torturous :(
That really sucks. Don’t give up hope. Hopefully some positive news will come your way in December. The wait is truly agonizing, but honestly don’t lose hope. Stay in faith. Might now be a bad idea to order GSM notes just to see what’s been happening with your application.

yvrpr

Nov 10, 2019
That really sucks. Don’t give up hope. Hopefully some positive news will come your way in December. The wait is truly agonizing, but honestly don’t lose hope. Stay in faith. Might now be a bad idea to order GSM notes just to see what’s been happening with your application.
I ordered the notes a month ago and got them last week. Colombo office had made one note in June (that is when the file was transferred to them), which was a summary of the application. Nothing else. Funny thing is that the GCMS notes say the security check hasn't started but when I check online, it says they are processing the background check. Criminality, medical, they are all passed.

juud

Nov 26, 2019
I ordered the notes a month ago and got them last week. Colombo office had made one note in June (that is when the file was transferred to them), which was a summary of the application. Nothing else. Funny thing is that the GCMS notes say the security check hasn't started but when I check online, it says they are processing the background check. Criminality, medical, they are all passed.
Ah ok. I know that when the notes are ordered they generate them within a day or two of when they order was placed, so makes sense that online would be more up-to-date. Sounds like your close to the end and might end up hearing something in December.

yvrpr

Nov 10, 2019
Ah ok. I know that when the notes are ordered they generate them within a day or two of when they order was placed, so makes sense that online would be more up-to-date. Sounds like your close to the end and might end up hearing something in December.
Online was saying that since August, that is why I was surprised that the notes were saying security check hasn't started. I am really hoping to hear something good this month.

Reactions: juud

Anne1993

Nov 19, 2019
Hi
Anyone can help me regarding the goods to be claimed at the Immigration port?
@yoge @Reshan Did you filled any forms in prior to mention all the goods and items you brought into Canada when landing?.
Please advive someone

yoge

Feb 11, 2017
canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
colombo
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017 app return 21-02-2017 resubmit 29-03-2017 citizenship app filled online 2023-Apr-10
Doc's Request.
Sch a and pcc uploaded via gc key 17/05/2007
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
File Transfer...
29-05-2017
Med's Request
01-09-2017 Re-medical Request 30-Jul-2019
Med's Done....
20-09-2017 Re-Medical Done 05th-Aug-2019
Interview........
13-03-2018 Ecas in process 05/26/2017 Aor2 05/29/2017 Ecas Changed To DM 31-Mar-2018
Passport Req..
Application Refused 2018-04-11 appeal file 2018-apr-20 Iad Confirmation May-09-2018 full hearing 23 rd may 2019 @edmonton Appel Won 14-june-2019 Additional Document Request 30-Jul-2019 doc send 13-Aug-2019 Bio metric req 13-aug-2019 Bio Completed 15-aug-2019 PPR 01-Nov-2019
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2019
LANDED..........
26-11-2019
Hi
@yoge @Reshan Did you filled any forms in prior to mention all the goods and items you brought into Canada when landing?.
Please advive someone
No i didn’t make any goods accompanied list or goods to follow list I landed in Toronto to activate my COPR the CBSA agency ask only about money other then nothing and all process took just 15 minutes

Reactions: Reshan and RSverna

Reshan

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
@yoge @Reshan when you guys landed at your respective airports, what type of questions did they ask you at immigration? Did you have to wait long before you could go out? Thanks.
Hi juud,
CONGRATULATIONS on the PPR !!! I landed in Toronto. They only asked me, how many people I'm traveling with and then my Canadian mailing address for the PR card to be mailed. Whole thing only took 10-15 min tho. When are you planning on traveling?

Reactions: juud

Reshan

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Hi
Please advive someone
At the airport in Toronto I had to fill out a customs card and mention what I'm bringing in to Canada. Since I didn't had anything to declare, they just let me through.

Reactions: RSverna

juud

Nov 26, 2019
Hi juud,
CONGRATULATIONS on the PPR !!! I landed in Toronto. They only asked me, how many people I'm traveling with and then my Canadian mailing address for the PR card to be mailed. Whole thing only took 10-15 min tho. When are you planning on traveling?
Thanks, Reshan! And thanks for letting me know regarding the immigration process once landed. It's my wife who will be coming here, so wanted to know so that she knows what to expect when she lands in Toronto. We are waiting to get her passport back, so hopefully she'll be able to come later this month.

On the Declaration Card that you had to fill out when you landed, did you put your Sri Lankan address or your spouses address here?

Hope your enjoying Canada and the cold/snowy weather.

Reactions: Reshan and yoge