+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for spousal visa - Sri Lanka

NilaS

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Thank you - I did send them an email 3 weeks ago. They replied saying it is still within the normal processing time and they wont give specific update unless 12 months have passed. I don't know how busy the Colombo visa office is but I thought London was the busiest and there are applicants from that visa office receiving PPR already.
Sri Lanka have lot of holidays :) and Colombo visa office work only four days.

Radipol

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
The wait is frustrating! Colombo visa office started processing our application on November 15, 2018 - in 4 months even background check has not started. How long do they take?

sama94

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
Category........
FAM
Hello guys

Haven't been able to be active around here. My file was transferred to Colombo VO in Feb 27 .no update since then. Haven't even received medical request. How long did it take for you all to receive medical after file transfer??

The wait is so hard

Radipol

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
Hello guys

Haven't been able to be active around here. My file was transferred to Colombo VO in Feb 27 .no update since then. Haven't even received medical request. How long did it take for you all to receive medical after file transfer??

The wait is so hard
File transferred November 15...medical request came on December 18. Since then haven't heard from them.

Radipol

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
Yes medical request letter was on gckey...they notify you by email there is a new message in your account.

Our background check hasn't started yet from gckey update but i read here that officers don't update even if it has been initiated. I truly hope that's the case as this wait is killing me.

NilaS

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Hello guys

The wait is so hard

Also waiting for the medical request