+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for spousal visa - Sri Lanka

kankan

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
Faa1599 said:
Don't worry dear, for some it takes around a week or two... Keep hope, it'll be updated soon!!

today they change processing time for new application only 12 month and also they say next year dec 2017 they will finalist our application mean before dec 2016 application what the ...... we want to change our immigration minister because he don't know really which one need to Canadian people good life

kankan

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
Faa1599 said:
no dear.. waiting.. seems like Colombo VO slowed down again :(

anyway we have to wait next year no choice they play our life this minister every time deferent mind so many people waiting for wife or husband. why he reject increases 300000 to 400000. our bad we vote this government :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Gc 27

Oct 17, 2016
kankan said:
anyway we have to wait next year no choice they play our life this minister every time deferent mind so many people waiting for wife or husband. why he reject increases 300000 to 400000. our bad we vote this government :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Hi

Where Did you find this info :eek:??? This is really crazy...

Rainbow21

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Doc's Request.
Feb 2016
AOR Received.
Jan.2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Sept.2015
kankan said:
today they change processing time for new application only 12 month and also they say next year dec 2017 they will finalist our application mean before dec 2016 application what the ...... we want to change our immigration minister because he don't know really which one need to Canadian people good life
Yeah they announced it today and the processing times changed as well and there is a criteria where it ask you to choose if you applied before dec. 7 2016 or after and if you applied before dec. 7 2016 then ur processing time is 15 months if after dec.7 2016 it will show 12 months... But that does not mean you have to wait till dec 2017.. If ur application reached 15 months then go to the mp and the can push the colombo visa to process faster or you can even write an email straight to the colombo visa office and inquire.. I have till feb. To reach 15 months and still background check is going on or they just keeping my file.. I really hope some magic happens..

Gc 27

Oct 17, 2016
Rainbow21 said:
Yeah they announced it today and the processing times changed as well and there is a criteria where it ask you to choose if you applied before dec. 7 2016 or after and if you applied before dec. 7 2016 then ur processing time is 15 months if after dec.7 2016 it will show 12 months... But that does not mean you have to wait till dec 2017.. If ur application reached 15 months then go to the mp and the can push the colombo visa to process faster or you can even write an email straight to the colombo visa office and inquire.. I have till feb. To reach 15 months and still background check is going on or they just keeping my file.. I really hope some magic happens..
thank you so much for the info...
for us interview is done and re-med is done.. waiting for result... i email our lawyer to follow up because we applied through a lawyer

if not i have to see contacting the mp again...

Does anyone know when the embassy or the visa office will be closed for holidays? or for how long?
some people are telling be they will be closed on DEC 15 for a month
but i checked online they stating they will be closed for Christmas and new year only :'(

kankan

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
Rainbow21 said:

No way I am now 19 month on going I try so meny time mp say security check no including process time because outside people how long they tack nobody know she say like that mp can't do anything

Rainbow21

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Doc's Request.
Feb 2016
AOR Received.
Jan.2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Sept.2015
Gc 27 said:
thank you so much for the info...
for us interview is done and re-med is done.. waiting for result... i email our lawyer to follow up because we applied through a lawyer

if not i have to see contacting the mp again...

Does anyone know when the embassy or the visa office will be closed for holidays? or for how long?
some people are telling be they will be closed on DEC 15 for a month
but i checked online they stating they will be closed for Christmas and new year only :'(
Hey np... congrats .. you will get visa soon.. my hubby didnt egt any request and we r still waiting.. well I am also wondering the days colombo visa office will be closed for holidays like the site says 2 days but it was last updated in 2015 so not sure does any of u know??

Faa1599

Feb 27, 2016
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
December 2015
Doc's Request.
July 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Done....
November 2015 Re-medical- November 2016
Interview........
November 2015
Passport Req..
20th January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24th January 2017
LANDED..........
2nd February 2017
No PPR this week? :'(

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
luci1209 said:
Nothing still waiting
Guys this is only my guess. I personally think they are done issuing visa for the year 2015 and the officer is probally gone on vacation by now. I seriously think we will start to hear from them after new year. No point of worrying and stressing. I stopped stressing about this cuz I know its not in our hands and we just have to wait unil they are ready to issue it. BTW, it has been over 14 days since my husband applied for police clearance and still hasnt received it. We followed up and the police said their part in colombo is done and they are waiting to get the reply from Jaffna. What can I say when it comes to this whole immigration process we are not having any good luck. For some people its a smooth ride...lucky them.

Vaish00

Star Member
Sep 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ONtario/Srilanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2015
Doc's Request.
10/2015, 02/2016,
AOR Received.
08/2015
File Transfer...
09/2015
Med's Request
11/2016
Interview........
Not applicable this time
Passport Req..
17 January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
20th January 2017
LANDED..........
Soon
Lav_Canadian said:
Guys this is only my guess. I personally think they are done issuing visa for the year 2015 and the officer is probally gone on vacation my now. I seriously think we will start to hear from them after new year. No point of worrying and stressing. I stopped stressing about this cuz I know its not in our hands and we just have to wait unil they are ready to issue it. BTW, it has been over 14 days since my husband applied for police clearance and still hasnt received it. We followed up and the police said their part in colombo is done and they are waiting to get the reply from Jaffna. What can I say when it comes to this whole immigration process we are not having any good luck. For some people its a smooth ride...lucky them.
Still my remedial is not updated yet..police report is emailed but no response yet

As you said only luck ones get everything in life on time!!! Sigh

Faa1599

Feb 27, 2016
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
December 2015
Doc's Request.
July 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Done....
November 2015 Re-medical- November 2016
Interview........
November 2015
Passport Req..
20th January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24th January 2017
LANDED..........
2nd February 2017
Lav_Canadian said:
Guys this is only my guess. I personally think they are done issuing visa for the year 2015 and the officer is probally gone on vacation my now. I seriously think we will start to hear from them after new year. No point of worrying and stressing. I stopped stressing about this cuz I know its not in our hands and we just have to wait unil they are ready to issue it. BTW, it has been over 14 days since my husband applied for police clearance and still hasnt received it. We followed up and the police said their part in colombo is done and they are waiting to get the reply from Jaffna. What can I say when it comes to this whole immigration process we are not having any good luck. For some people its a smooth ride...lucky them.
I feel the same.. I asked for the officer (after the interview) how long will it take for me to get my visa, she replied telling may be on of December or the beginning of Jan, so may be after the new year most probably.. :( yeah we're sooo unlucky, I know several people who got within 9 months!! Btw, lav, visit the police station in your husband's area (Jaffna), there's a police officer appointed specially for this purpose(PCC). Meet him and talk to him...as soon as they send the report from the area police station to Colombo, you'll get the PCC.. also if you want it very soon, you can go and collect before they post..

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Vaish00 said:
Still my remedial is not updated yet..police report is emailed but no response yet

As you said only luck ones get everything in life on time!!! Sigh
Hey, I beleive you have to send the original police clearance by registered mail not by email. If I were you, I would send the original police clerance by registered mail and also send the PDF of it by email to be on the safe side

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Faa1599 said:
I feel the same.. I asked for the officer (after the interview) how long will it take for me to get my visa, she replied telling may be on of December or the beginning of Jan, so may be after the new year most probably.. :( yeah we're sooo unlucky, I know several people who got within 9 months!! Btw, lav, visit the police station in your husband's area (Jaffna), there's a police officer appointed specially for this purpose(PCC). Meet him and talk to him...as soon as they send the report from the area police station to Colombo, you'll get the PCC.. also if you want it very soon, you can go and collect before they post..
Thanks for the info Faa. My husband is on his way to Jaffna now. He will go in person and find out hopefully they dont ask for bribe or delay for any reason. We are running out of time so hope nothing goes wrong. Let's wait and see what happens.

Gc 27

Oct 17, 2016
Rainbow21 said:
Hey np... congrats .. you will get visa soon.. my hubby didnt egt any request and we r still waiting.. well I am also wondering the days colombo visa office will be closed for holidays like the site says 2 days but it was last updated in 2015 so not sure does any of u know??
hi thank but every day all i am checking is cic.. now we have to wait 2 days for next week hoping it will be next they will request for passport.. :'(

I don't know when they will be closed...
Does anyone else know???

People in Sri Lanka told me they will be closed Dec 15 they wouldn't be open until Jan 15.. and i hope that's just a rumor.. :(