+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for spousal visa - Sri Lanka

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
SL_chica said:
Ask me anything, I will answer to all I can :)

He wasn't asked to bring anything and he wasn't asked to show anything. He brought a few things like chat logs, wedding invitations, albums etc.; at the security he left all items except for what they asked him to bring Passport and the 2 photos. While he was in the interview, the rest of the staff enjoyed looking at our albums :D.
From what I can gather on the forum, our application is the oldest for Colombo office, we applied August 2015. Maybe that's why the rest is scheduled for next month or later. At the time of my husband's interview there were no other applicants waiting.
LOL we applied in June 2015 and my husband's interview is almost end of November. I am so nervous/depressed/curious. Oh man... I don't know what to think about this interview as my husband was told to bring his passport and all the document related to the application. They didn't' ask him to bring passport and 2 photos like they asked many others, this is what's worrying me the most. It's like have they already decided to reject him and having the interview just as a procedure they are supposed to follow before rejecting ahhhh :( :( :(.

SL_chica

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cololmbo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
xx-08-2015
Doc's Request.
RE-PCC xx-10-2016
AOR Received.
xx-08-2015
File Transfer...
xx-09-2015
Med's Request
RE-MED xx-10-2016
Med's Done....
xx-07-2015 | xx-10-2016
Interview........
xx-10-2016
Passport Req..
xx-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
xx-11-2016
LANDED..........
xx-11-2016
Lav_Canadian said:
LOL we applied in June 2015 and my husband's interview is almost end of November. I am so nervous/depressed/curious. Oh man... I don't know what to think about this interview as my husband was told to bring his passport and all the document related to the application. They didn't' ask him to bring passport and 2 photos like they asked many others, this is what's worrying me the most. It's like have they already decided to reject him and having the interview just as a procedure they are supposed to follow before rejecting ahhhh :( :( :(.
Be positive.

They probably haven't decided at all. They ask to bring passport because that's what they scan at security to let inside.
When we applied in August, we sent everything (all documents) pertaining to the file. They never had to request any additional documents till after the interview. Did you send all docs in June? If not, perhaps this is why your husband is asked to bring the docs now, and this could be why a slight delay in the scheduling of interview.
regardless, if your relationship is real, nothing to worry about. :)

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
SL_chica said:
Be positive.

They probably haven't decided at all. They ask to bring passport because that's what they scan at security to let inside.
When we applied in August, we sent everything (all documents) pertaining to the file. They never had to request any additional documents till after the interview. Did you send all docs in June? If not, perhaps this is why your husband is asked to bring the docs now, and this could be why a slight delay in the scheduling of interview.
regardless, if your relationship is real, nothing to worry about. :)
Yes we filed all the required documents in June 2015. They asked for additional docs twice (which were not one of those docs required to submit with our application).

SL_chica

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cololmbo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
xx-08-2015
Doc's Request.
RE-PCC xx-10-2016
AOR Received.
xx-08-2015
File Transfer...
xx-09-2015
Med's Request
RE-MED xx-10-2016
Med's Done....
xx-07-2015 | xx-10-2016
Interview........
xx-10-2016
Passport Req..
xx-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
xx-11-2016
LANDED..........
xx-11-2016
Lav_Canadian said:
Yes we filed all the required documents in June 2015. They asked for additional docs twice (which were not one of those docs required to submit with our application).
What were the additional docs, if you don't mind me asking?

Foi27

Oct 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
XX-06-2016
Doc's Request.
XX-10-2016
AOR Received.
XX-07-2016
File Transfer...
XX-08-2016
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
XX-05-2016
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
Hey Guys,
I am so stressed out, I hope someone can help. I was requested additional documents which I neatly organized and we sent out of which I left the case file/ number cover page out! I mean it has all our info on the additional documents but I am freaking out. I called CIC in Canada and they said it shouldn't be to much of an issue but to email them... When we emailed them it says if its within normal processing time they will not respond?? What do you suggest we do?

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Foi27 said:
Hey Guys,
I am so stressed out, I hope someone can help. I was requested additional documents which I neatly organized and we sent out of which I left the case file/ number cover page out! I mean it has all our info on the additional documents but I am freaking out. I called CIC in Canada and they said it shouldn't be to much of an issue but to email them... When we emailed them it says if its within normal processing time they will not respond?? What do you suggest we do?
Hey email the Colombo visa office directly. After we sent out the additional documents. I emailed the Colombo visa officer directly (this was within our processing time) they did respond to me and said they received the docs. So email them directly. No point of calling the call center in Canada (according to me, they are useless. I called them few times and waited so long just to hear sorry we can't help.. we can only assist if your husband is in Canada (inland sponsor), if my husband is in Canada I wudnt be calling you like a maniac all the time LOL).

SL_chica

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cololmbo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
xx-08-2015
Doc's Request.
RE-PCC xx-10-2016
AOR Received.
xx-08-2015
File Transfer...
xx-09-2015
Med's Request
RE-MED xx-10-2016
Med's Done....
xx-07-2015 | xx-10-2016
Interview........
xx-10-2016
Passport Req..
xx-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
xx-11-2016
LANDED..........
xx-11-2016
Lav_Canadian said:
1) his national ID card
2) his Canadian brother's PIF
3) copy of his UK student visa
Ok, We have sent all similar documents to yours in the initial application. They didn't have to pause and wait for the docs.
A coloured copy of his NIC back and front, his travel history, his visas etc we sent the whole pile.

So, no worries. it is only a slight delay due to the pause for getting the docs. :)
You husband should bring all that he can think of for the interview.

Foi27

Oct 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
XX-06-2016
Doc's Request.
XX-10-2016
AOR Received.
XX-07-2016
File Transfer...
XX-08-2016
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
XX-05-2016
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
Lav_Canadian said:
Hey email the Colombo visa office directly. After we sent out the additional documents. I emailed the Colombo visa officer directly (this was within our processing time) they did respond to me and said they received the docs. So email them directly. No point of calling the call center in Canada (according to me, they are useless. I called them few times and waited so long just to hear sorry we can't help.. we can only assist if your husband is in Canada (inland sponsor), if my husband is in Canada I wudnt be calling you like a maniac all the time LOL).
Yes, The CIC agent here was like.... so?? Like casually... I was trying so hard to be patient!! Happy to hear they emailed you back at least! We have who received it, and we emailed them the details.... I can't believe how stressed I am getting from the smallest of things!! :-[

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
SL_chica said:
Ok, We have sent all similar documents to yours in the initial application. They didn't have to pause and wait for the docs.
A coloured copy of his NIC back and front, his travel history, his visas etc we sent the whole pile.

So, no worries. it is only a slight delay due to the pause for getting the docs. :)
You husband should bring all that he can think of for the interview.
Hey, did your husband study in UK as well? I heard from a lot of people that its almost impossible for those who lived in either UK or Australia to get a visa.. I hope that's not true!!!

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Foi27 said:
Yes, The CIC agent here was like.... so?? Like casually... I was trying so hard to be patient!! Happy to hear they emailed you back at least! We have who received it, and we emailed them the details.... I can't believe how stressed I am getting from the smallest of things!! :-[
This whole sponsorship process is stressfull.

SL_chica

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cololmbo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
xx-08-2015
Doc's Request.
RE-PCC xx-10-2016
AOR Received.
xx-08-2015
File Transfer...
xx-09-2015
Med's Request
RE-MED xx-10-2016
Med's Done....
xx-07-2015 | xx-10-2016
Interview........
xx-10-2016
Passport Req..
xx-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
xx-11-2016
LANDED..........
xx-11-2016
Lav_Canadian said:
Hey, did your husband study in UK as well? I heard from a lot of people that its almost impossible for those who lived in either UK or Australia to get a visa.. I hope that's not true!!!
No he didn't in either of those countries; but I doubt this is true, makes no sense.

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
Guys, somebody help me please

I am trying to get the GCKEY setup. No matter what I enter its all showing record not found. I tried with UCI, Application number, last name and DOB. Nothing is working. PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME.

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
dnyfyn said:
Guys, somebody help me please

I am trying to get the GCKEY setup. No matter what I enter its all showing record not found. I tried with UCI, Application number, last name and DOB. Nothing is working. PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME.
hey for the number of application you MUST enter 2 not 1.

kankan

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
Lav_Canadian said:
hey for the number of application you MUST enter 2 not 1.

hi good news from my friend he get the email last night ppr he april 28 application but he told me nothing change ecas or my cic account so Colombo visa office start to work I hope everyone get November