+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for spousal visa - Sri Lanka

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Foi27 said:
Thanks for that!! I really do want to be with my husband.... I mean with time, it may be an option I'd have to consider. :( It soo HARD being apart.... we are going into 3 years into our relationship with so much distance :'(
How come its been 3 yrs and you guys are still apart? When did you apply? That's a pretty long time.

Rainbow21

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Doc's Request.
Feb 2016
AOR Received.
Jan.2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Sept.2015
Heyy everyone any updates!!! Did any of u get a request for remedical this week.. I guess the vo stopped working again.. loll been a month since his medical expired and nothing fromt them and bck check was happening from july really confused and scared at the same time..

SL_chica

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cololmbo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
xx-08-2015
Doc's Request.
RE-PCC xx-10-2016
AOR Received.
xx-08-2015
File Transfer...
xx-09-2015
Med's Request
RE-MED xx-10-2016
Med's Done....
xx-07-2015 | xx-10-2016
Interview........
xx-10-2016
Passport Req..
xx-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
xx-11-2016
LANDED..........
xx-11-2016
Rainbow21 said:
Heyy everyone any updates!!! Did any of u get a request for remedical this week.. I guess the vo stopped working again.. loll been a month since his medical expired and nothing fromt them and bck check was happening from july really confused and scared at the same time..
Don't worry. My husbands medical was done in July 2015, so expired long ago. If needed they will contact you. So far we have no request to do medical, but I am assuming that will be decided at the interview.

suthatheone

Apr 5, 2016
Rainbow21 said:
VO asked my wife to do re-medical after 4 moths. Initial medical was expired in June 2016.

SL_chica

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cololmbo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
xx-08-2015
Doc's Request.
RE-PCC xx-10-2016
AOR Received.
xx-08-2015
File Transfer...
xx-09-2015
Med's Request
RE-MED xx-10-2016
Med's Done....
xx-07-2015 | xx-10-2016
Interview........
xx-10-2016
Passport Req..
xx-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
xx-11-2016
LANDED..........
xx-11-2016
suthatheone said:
VO asked my wife to do re-medical after 4 moths. Initial medical was expired in June 2016.
Sutha, did your wife already receive a interview date or PPR before they asked for the re-medical ?

Foi27

Oct 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
XX-06-2016
Doc's Request.
XX-10-2016
AOR Received.
XX-07-2016
File Transfer...
XX-08-2016
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
XX-05-2016
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
Lav_Canadian said:
How come its been 3 yrs and you guys are still apart? When did you apply? That's a pretty long time.
Hi Lav_ Canadian

No because My husband and I were dating for 2 years, we got married and applied just this year! That's why :( ... We haven't got to be in the same country for that whole time of course... sigh *

AIIA

Apr 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2014
AOR Received.
19-12-2014
File Transfer...
01-01-2015
Med's Request
21-10-2015 and 08-11-2016
Med's Done....
27-10-2015 and 18-11-2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
19-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-01-2017
Rainbow21 said:
Hey yeah they just want to drag the process I guess and ask for same documents... so my background check went to process in july do you noe when urs went in to process..
Hey Rainbow,

I only linked my paper app to the online account recently but I've been going to see the MP about my file for a long time now and they've been saying they are doing background checks since September 2015!

AIIA

Apr 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2014
AOR Received.
19-12-2014
File Transfer...
01-01-2015
Med's Request
21-10-2015 and 08-11-2016
Med's Done....
27-10-2015 and 18-11-2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
19-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-01-2017
Foi27 said:
Hi Lav_ Canadian

No because My husband and I were dating for 2 years, we got married and applied just this year! That's why :( ... We haven't got to be in the same country for that whole time of course... sigh *
Foi27, My husband and I have been in a long distance relationship for more than 4 years now so I know exactly how you feel!! This whole process is so stressful.

SL_chica

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cololmbo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
xx-08-2015
Doc's Request.
RE-PCC xx-10-2016
AOR Received.
xx-08-2015
File Transfer...
xx-09-2015
Med's Request
RE-MED xx-10-2016
Med's Done....
xx-07-2015 | xx-10-2016
Interview........
xx-10-2016
Passport Req..
xx-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
xx-11-2016
LANDED..........
xx-11-2016
AIIA said:
Foi27, My husband and I have been in a long distance relationship for more than 4 years now so I know exactly how you feel!! This whole process is so stressful.
Same here... Long distance 2 1/2 and married 1 1/2 and counting. When I first applied I was excited thinking within 8 months we'll be together. So I kept putting off going to see him thinking any day now they will call for interview, ended up being longer .... and still waiting to see him. :'(

Foi27

Oct 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
XX-06-2016
Doc's Request.
XX-10-2016
AOR Received.
XX-07-2016
File Transfer...
XX-08-2016
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
XX-05-2016
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
@SL_Chica & @AIIA

It's so sad that there are other people that are in my shoes!! My husband always begs me to come live there so we can be together but I know when we have kids and stuff it will be better to reside here! I have been here since I was little and I know we have a lot of opportunity here... us girls should make a support group together! I am sure you guys can relate to going through a day with atleast 5 people asking you " Any news about your husband?" and I don't know about you guys but that makes me so annoyed... I am already trying NOT to think about it and it fills up my day with even more sadness! Except for my in laws and parents (Who also as some point had to do a long distance marriage) I don't think my friends, family nor colleagues really understand how heartbreaking this whole thing is... Like you guys said... We dream of all these things... being together and starting a home... and as the days go... You think screw all the dreams, I'll take anything at this point! Our Poor husbands too, there life is on a hold as much as ours! sigh * :(

Rainbow21

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Doc's Request.
Feb 2016
AOR Received.
Jan.2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Sept.2015
Foi27 said:
@SL_Chica & @AIIA

It's so sad that there are other people that are in my shoes!! My husband always begs me to come live there so we can be together but I know when we have kids and stuff it will be better to reside here! I have been here since I was little and I know we have a lot of opportunity here... us girls should make a support group together! I am sure you guys can relate to going through a day with atleast 5 people asking you " Any news about your husband?" and I don't know about you guys but that makes me so annoyed... I am already trying NOT to think about it and it fills up my day with even more sadness! Except for my in laws and parents (Who also as some point had to do a long distance marriage) I don't think my friends, family nor colleagues really understand how heartbreaking this whole thing is... Like you guys said... We dream of all these things... being together and starting a home... and as the days go... You think screw all the dreams, I'll take anything at this point! Our Poor husbands too, there life is on a hold as much as ours! sigh * :(
Yes ur albosuletly right and I hear you.. It is very annoying that ppl ask me when my husb. Will be here everytime they see me and my hubby goes through exactly the same issue.. We shd all do something about this whole sponsorship thing.. And wat i dont understand is why cant they have a system and be fair to all instead of showing partiality .. And I really dont get the whole thing abt interviewing the spouses and asking stupid questions if they really doubt a relationship they shd have a differ. Way of finding out... And how long do they expect us to wait. . our whole life???

@Leo

Aug 30, 2016
same situations as you all are in....constantly thinking when this whole thing would be over and done with...I don't think not any other country have a vigorous system like ours. Pure torture. What to do.

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Foi27 said:
@SL_Chica & @AIIA

I know what you mean. I went to see my husband twice and people at my work knew that I went to see him and they were asking me If I was pregant 6 months after I went to meet him. Like come on people, wudnt my belly will show alot after 6 months IF I was actually pregnant. When I tell them that I am not they go on about giving me advise that I shuldnt wait too long to have a baby blah blah. I just ask them "Do you think I am mother Mary?"

@Leo

Aug 30, 2016
Lav_Canadian said:
I know what you mean. I went to see my husband twice and people at my work knew that I went to see him and they were asking me If I was pregant 6 months after I went to meet him. Like come on people, wudnt my belly will show alot after 6 months IF I was actually pregnant. When I tell them that I am not they go on about giving me advise that I shuldnt wait too long to have a baby blah blah. I just ask them "Do you think I am mother Mary?"
this is other topic ppl luv to ask..like they are obligated to ask... :-\