+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

processing time for self employed application

issam

Jan 10, 2017
lalastar said:
Thank you. I actually had a consultant to help me with everything. I don't exactly remember all the requirements. All I remember is aside from the forms, personal docs like passports and birth certificates. I was also asked to prepare all documents to prove my eligibility so I just gather everything I have. I am not a freelance though, so I have all employment certificates plus my portfolio, so I am not sure with contracts in your case. For the money, I don't know how much is it already now but last time we paid around 2k dollars for application, 20k dollars for funds in the bank and a landing fee of around 1500 dollars.
hi, congratulation, i'm self employed also, i'm Character animator, please can you tell me how much you pay for the consultant ? and if you don't mind can you please give me contact number of him, i need consultant as well

wertydaja

May 16, 2017
Quick update: This is going much faster than I anticipated, I just received an email asking me for medicals and my interview has been waived.

I believe my 3 years of self employed experience under the PGWP in Canada must have played a big part in this getting processed faster. I feel so relieved! :eek:
Hi there! Hope you've been able to get everything resolved.

I'm in the same situation (PGWP) + 7 yrs in Canada. I was just wondering if it did eventually move faster (essentially how long overall) in your situation or if you're still waiting.

I'd really appreciate your thoughts.

DREAM17CANADA

Jan 19, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there! Hope you've been able to get everything resolved.

I'm in the same situation (PGWP) + 7 yrs in Canada. I was just wondering if it did eventually move faster (essentially how long overall) in your situation or if you're still waiting.

I'd really appreciate your thoughts.

Cannot understand who is giving this data? when did you applied ? where are u now? please share with more details, will help us lot
IELTS Score, passport validity etc, is ending, but no news from them, dont know what is going on???

bluesman24

Jan 9, 2014
Philippines
NOC Code......
i am also a self employed photographer with a studio here in the philippines. Business is less than a year old I am thinking to apply, given that the process timeline for self employed is 6 Years hopefully ill be applying by 2019.

DREAM17CANADA

Jan 19, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i am also a self employed photographer with a studio here in the philippines. Business is less than a year old I am thinking to apply, given that the process timeline for self employed is 6 Years hopefully ill be applying by 2019.

Its 62 months, or 5 years . Long wait sure

BaNana82

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
App. Filed.......
14-10-2016
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
06-06-2017
Med's Done....
24-06-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-11-2017
I really wish people that have gone through the self employed process could give us more insight. Because from the comments from the few who hve taken their time to comment here, there seems to be a disconnect from their experience and whatever the timeline that the CIC website claims. Personally I applied in October last year and am now just finishing dealing with the medicals. So from my admittedly uninformed guess given other people's and my own experience it seems like the processing times are nowadays around a year for federal self-employed category.

DREAM17CANADA

Jan 19, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I really wish people that have gone through the self employed process could give us more insight. Because from the comments from the few who hve taken their time to comment here, there seems to be a disconnect from their experience and whatever the timeline that the CIC website claims. Personally I applied in October last year and am now just finishing dealing with the medicals. So from my admittedly uninformed guess given other people's and my own experience it seems like the processing times are nowadays around a year for federal self-employed category.

Dear BaNana82
Yes, from your time line, seen that you have done medical already, it is another VO.
My file transmitted to Singapore in Jule 2016, still no news from them, it is more that 1 year.
So I cannot find similarity with your process time.
It is very sad for us.

BaNana82

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
App. Filed.......
14-10-2016
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
06-06-2017
Med's Done....
24-06-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-11-2017
Dear BaNana82
Yes, from your time line, seen that you have done medical already, it is another VO.
My file transmitted to Singapore in Jule 2016, still no news from them, it is more that 1 year.
So I cannot find similarity with your process time.
It is very sad for us.
Hey Dream17. Don't worry too much about it. I am still stuck after medical though. So we haven't moved that far ahead either. I heard in cases like yours calling to find out the progress might help. Maybe you could try that.

DREAM17CANADA

Jan 19, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Dream17. Don't worry too much about it. I am still stuck after medical though. So we haven't moved that far ahead either. I heard in cases like yours calling to find out the progress might help. Maybe you could try that.
Okay. I will think on it.

epatricio

Oct 4, 2017
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
App. Filed.......
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
Hello everyone,

As far as I know, the self-employed processing times can vary greatly depending on the country you're applying from.
CIC website used to show the estimate average times per country. Not anymore. What shows on the website now is a GLOBAL average, but the differences persist.

You can check an older version of the website here: http://web.archive.org/web/20151220130704/http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/self-fed.asp

You can give you an idea of how fast (or slow) the process probably is in your country.

Regards,

Patricio

Beltex

Star Member
Jan 24, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London UK
Hello everyone,

As far as I know, the self-employed processing times can vary greatly depending on the country you're applying from.
CIC website used to show the estimate average times per country. Not anymore. What shows on the website now is a GLOBAL average, but the differences persist.

You can check an older version of the website here: http://web.archive.org/web/20151220130704/http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/self-fed.asp

You can give you an idea of how fast (or slow) the process probably is in your country.

Regards,

Patricio
Wow that's crazy, times between 9 and 97 months!

Frollo888

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
hello !!
Do you know what they exactly mean for self-employed ?
for example - In my country it means you are a freelance, and you have a sort of personal number in order to pay taxes by yourself.
(or you have your own company and so the company's number for taxes)

I have been working for companies as a external collaborator but not as a real freelance.
so I have a contract type called "project's contract for external collaborator"
I'm not really really hired, I've not worker's rights, but the company pay the taxes for me and I don't have freelance number or similar.
Do you think I'm eligible ?

epatricio

Oct 4, 2017
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
App. Filed.......
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
Well, I'm no immigration consultant, but I believe you can include freelance, temporary contracts and part time activities, as long as they are related to art or sports. Farming would be a little different.

Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
I looked up self employment when I first started my company but the time discouraged me. My company is now 3+ years and I'm thinking of applying again. I understand it might take some time but I'd much rather immigrate under self employed category because I will still have my business where I live now and want to continue running it. Immigrating under skilled entry is going to cause a problem with running my business effectively unless I can be self-employed under the skilled entry too, which I'm unsure of right now...