+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PROCESSING TIME FOR RESTORATION OF STATUS/WORK PERMIT

Marvinon

Aug 14, 2013
@ MALL did you apply online or by paper? If you applied online, I believe you should be expecting it later this month or early November. I really don't know abt paper application and the call center agents wouldn't say much either. Let's pray we all get restored soon. Although they said Dec 26th, you might get it earlier than that.

Mali_0

Oct 8, 2013
Thanks Marvinon! I applied online. I hope God will help all of us and we will have a good end with a permit restored.

newguy999

Oct 10, 2013
like my name, i am new here, i just have a couple of questions and everybody feel free to help me out here please

say your study permit is expired and you apply restoration within 90 days,

1, do you apply your new study permit in the SAME package with the restoration application?

2, while you waiting for a decision, can you leave the country or do you have to stay in Canada? if so, till when?

thank you so much guys!!!

Marvinon

Aug 14, 2013
Newguy

Yes you can apply for both in same package and you cannot leave the country. If you leave the country, the process will be terminated. To confirm any info, please call Canada immigration call center on 18882422100.

newguy999

Oct 10, 2013
Marvinon said:
Newguy

Yes you can apply for both in same package and you cannot leave the country. If you leave the country, the process will be terminated. To confirm any info, please call Canada immigration call center on 18882422100.
THANK YOU Marvinon!

Kkirat

Oct 10, 2013
Hey Marvinon
I m in a situation like you. Can you please update me how did you applied because when you go online to apply IMM 5709 Page 3 ask for details about intended study in canada ...how can you fill that.
I mean it asks about acceptance letter and proof of funds....how did you fill out....becuase I am a gradute from school and m not going to school again as I will be applying for PGWP .....Can you please update me ASAP...I RELLY I RELY NEED YOUR HELP..THANK YOU PLEASE UPDATE ME

Hoper72

Feb 11, 2013
DUBAI
Category........
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2013
Passport Req..
01-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2013
LANDED..........
02-11-2013
Hi everyone.I just got my confirmation of work permit and the worker visa and I wil land very soo.
My concern is about the end date for both of them is 10 months
Only though my LMO states for 2 years lf work. This is because my passport has that date as sexpiry.
My question is:
_when applying for extension can l use the same LMO or I will have to get a new one?

Please help :eek: :eek:

Marvinon

Aug 14, 2013
Kkirat said:
Hey Marvinon
I m in a situation like you. Can you please update me how did you applied because when you go online to apply IMM 5709 Page 3 ask for details about intended study in canada ...how can you fill that.
I mean it asks about acceptance letter and proof of funds....how did you fill out....becuase I am a gradute from school and m not going to school again as I will be applying for PGWP .....Can you please update me ASAP...I RELLY I RELY NEED YOUR HELP..THANK YOU PLEASE UPDATE ME
Hi Kkirat,

To be sincere, I really don't remember how I answered that part because I completed the form over 2months ago. But here's what you can do. Call CIC call center and ask to be transferd to the online team. The online team will guide you in filling the form. They helped me a lot when I was filling the form. You can call as many times as you want. Goodluck.

cathy025

Oct 17, 2013
hi., i'm just new here in this forum...
my curiosity just brought me here..
i applied for the restoration of work permit last Aug. 27, 2013.. online application.. through MERCAN Capital LTD...
as of posted in CIC website they are in Oct. 6, 2013 application...
Can somebody give me an idea when can i get my new work permit? and when can i come back to work?

Thank you..

Mali_0

Oct 8, 2013
Mali_0 said:
No updates from anyone?
Hi Everyone,

I want to update you on my application. I got my study permit approved yesterday :) :) My time line was:

1- August 9th: Online submission of restoration + study permit
2- Sep 5th: Transfer of the file to restoration department
3- Oct 18th: Approval of my application

I hope that all of you will hear great news very very soon.

Marvinon

Aug 14, 2013
Mali_0 said:
Hi Everyone,

I want to update you on my application. I got my study permit approved yesterday :) :) My time line was:

1- August 9th: Online submission of restoration + study permit
2- Sep 5th: Transfer of the file to restoration department
3- Oct 18th: Approval of my application

I hope that all of you will hear great news very very soon.
Hahaha Mali, I guess I was right. I told you to expect it later this month or early November. Big Congratulation!! I pray that the rest of us get ours. I actually applied on Aug 13th but my file was transfered to restoration department on the 16th of September 2013. I guess I'll have to work with your timeline since I applied online too. Thanks for the timeline update, its a great way to help those waiting for a response

shripal2006

Oct 21, 2013
Hi I was on a PGWP and applied to extend my work permit with the PNP Support Letter. Got refused due to travel document missing page when scanning.. Anyways, was notified of refusal after expiry and had to apply for restoration. Submitted on Oct 1st.

My PNP Cert expires in January 2014, My job offer letter states a start date of Nov 1st 2013 for employment..(is that a problem?)

How long processing time should I expect? And can I apply for the Federal part of PR while I await on WP Restoration?

Any feedback from you guys would be much appreciated !

Thanks & Best of luck to all

Jan 28, 2013
Hey guys...tell me what should i do..i guess i m the worst case for restoration...

1. Jan 30th i applied for restoration of work permit with pnp certificate..
2. they said 4 months after ur file is submitted so it will be like june 1st...
3. then they said 4 months from the date the file was transferred to restoration dept(march 12th)
4. So 4 months from then...so july 12th
5. On july 12th i contacted again..they said they forwarded a mail to restoration dept...
6. after 2 weeks cic contacted me and said to give a new pnp certificate and gave me time till 18th of august
7. I got my new pnp in two weeks and submitted on 13th of august
8. No answer.
9. Sept 4th again i asked them to mail to restoration dept. and they did and said they will get an answer in a week or 90 days
10. today i contacted them oct 25th..they said still they have to make a decision..

so its almost 9 months i didnt got my work permit...

what should i do...i didnt work for 9 months...not even a single dollar i have on my name...
lots of pending bills..
even my boss fired me two weeks before..cant blame him...
i got my medical for permanent residency but i dont have money to go for medical examination...
tell me what should i do...

why they are taking this much time...

:(