+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for PRTD on H&C grounds from Bangalore VAC

SatyaRavi

Apr 11, 2018
Hi,

I have an extreme case of not fulfilling my RO for last 18 years due to severe health problems for my parents. I applied for a PRTD on H&C grounds in Feb. I was told that the waiting time is 31 days. I haven't heard back anything. Any suggestions/inputs are welcome...

1. How long is usually the processing time for such cases
2. Someone informed me that all H&C cases go to court hearing in Canada and will take atleast 6 months; also suggested that I hire a lawyer for the same. My read was not so.
3. Is there anyway officially I can find out how long i need to wait

Appreciate it
Ravi

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The 30 day wait time is for PRTD where people have met their RO or are in the process or meeting their RO. Your case will take much longer. Hard to say how long.

Getting PRTD after 18 years will be very difficult. How much time did you spend in Canada? You should be preparing extensive records of hospital stays, proof that there was no family available to take care of your parents, doctors notes with information about their conditions, care need prognosis, medication/doctor/hospital receipts, etc

SatyaRavi

Apr 11, 2018
The 30 day wait time is for PRTD where people have met their RO or are in the process or meeting their RO. Your case will take much longer. Hard to say how long.

Getting PRTD after 18 years will be very difficult. How much time did you spend in Canada? You should be preparing extensive records of hospital stays, proof that there was no family available to take care of your parents, doctors notes with information about their conditions, care need prognosis, medication/doctor/hospital receipts, etc
Thank you for ur reply. Yes, I have huge files with parents medical records. I did send some sample medical records as well.

SatyaRavi

Apr 11, 2018
REJECTED.

I got my passport and a covering letter explaining the reasons for rejection. They didn't find my HR grounds sufficient.
Overall it took just over 2 months

Good luck to rest of you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
REJECTED.

I got my passport and a covering letter explaining the reasons for rejection. They didn't find my HR grounds sufficient.
Overall it took just over 2 months

Good luck to rest of you.
Given the it has been 18 years you must have known that there was very little chance that it would be approved.