+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

processing time for open work permit. Help, what should i do?

chi123

Oct 6, 2009
:( i sent my application last year aug16, that time, application for open work permit is only 3 to 6months. Then november 2010. i resigned from my job thinking 24 months of patience is over, i've worked 13 hours a day and when my employer go for vacation i don't salary, plus my room is in the basement, when its winter, its super hot, even if i cover the heater (to close is broken) then during summer, super cold i cannot open the window because there's no screen, plus they build a swimming pool but the machine they put it next to the window, its so noisy, most of the time, i wake up at night.
now my problem is, since november i don't have new employer and work permit. i've try so hurt to get new sponsorship, but the employer and agency doesn't want me to get one, their saying that my open work permit will be issue soon. without thinking that the processing will move and move.
my question is. the employer that i left a year ago is willing to give me sponsorship, should i came back? should i stress myself to work or stress myself for waiting for my status? help pls.
when i arrived in canada, i waited for is month and year, but i never thought it will be like this. pls help. :(

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How are you supporting yourself? Have you been staying in Canada since Nov. 2010 unemployed and renting a room somewhere? If you can afford it, I suppose you can do that. If you want to work, you don't need to go through this agency, you can find another or try yourself but they are right that you will have your open work permit soon. You have already waited for 11 months and the processing time right now is 15-16.

chi123

Oct 6, 2009
now its 15-16 months, im worry that next month it will be 20months, im just chasing that processing time.
that is why im tempted to accept the offer,of my previous employer, but when im thinking about the job and place, it makes me think twice.
i didn't change that employer for the reason that, before we have to accomplish 24 months within 3yrs, and i wasted 8months. and change of employer will take minimum of 3months. if i was only informed ahead of time, that they will change it into 4yrs.

how come they make alot of changes? :( are we not entitle to dream or plan for our future?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think they made the program better, not worse, because now people have more time to qualify and more options to qualify because they can also qualify by number of hours instead of 24 months.

Instead of quitting your job after you applied, you could have arranged to change jobs before quitting, either through your agency or by yourself or through another agency. You could have continued to work for the old employer while waiting for the LMO and work permit for a new employer and only switched when you had them. You can't go back in time and change that now so you can only work with what you have. If the time stands, you might be getting your open work permit in 4-5 months but maybe the time doesn't stand. Maybe like you said, it will go to 20 months. Immigration is not an exact science. Processing times are shorter for some, longer for some and if there are many applications like with the live-in caregiver program which has been getting bigger and bigger in the last few years, unless they hire more staff to process the applications, the processing times will grow longer.

chi123

Oct 6, 2009
it makes me wonder, did they not anticipate the volume of applicant? because the applicant that applying now for open permit are those applicant who entry to canada 2 yrs ago, so they had 2 year preparation for this.

as a live in caregiver, accomplishing 24months is a big success, without knowing at the end of, its just a beginning of a bigger emotional battle. we risk our health, career and family. we miss alot of occassion, birthday and death of our love ones, we anticipate that, but we did not anticipate this.

so u cannot blame as for feeling this way.

chi123

Oct 6, 2009
leon,
yes, the program is better now, for the beginners. but how about us, who plan for this year.

HONEYGIRL

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 27 2015
Doc's Request.
Aug.4 2015
AOR Received.
July 3 2015
File Transfer...
Aug.12 2015 plus SA ...in process Aug.15. 2015
Med's Done....
May 8 2015
Passport Req..
Sept.1 2015 sent Sept 2 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
me too same situation with u my application for PR and owp sent Aug 2010 dunno wat to do nobody want to hire coz too close for owp but who knows... now i need to keep of waiting even am jobless for 6mos already keep hope we will get it b4 end of this year... its up to u if u cant take ur situation to ur employer b4... but if u can support ur self why u need to put ur self again in that situation rite?

chi123

Oct 6, 2009
@honeygirl, hi. were in a hard situation. if only i know that this is gonna happen, :( this is my worse year, nightmare.

j.d

Jul 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi good afternoon...
ask ko lang po if ung NBI na pinasa nyo is "TRAVEL ABROAD" or "TO CANADA"?
and sa document na ipapasa sa embassy of canada hir in manila need din po ba mag pasa ng RESUME?
hope for your reply guys.. thanks.. godbless

Lakeshore

Feb 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
February 17, 2012
File Transfer...
April 16, 2013
Interview........
waiting
Hi there

I completed two year with my employer in June 2010. And then sent my pr+open workpermit on July 2010. They start processing on 15 Sep 2010.

After July 2010 I'm done the contact with my employer. I decided to live with my boyfriend waiting for open work permit. After July 2010, I'm not working anymore. Just wait for open work permit. But I waited 13 months already but I still didn't get it yet. The problem is my work permit expire in July 2011. It was expired already. What should I do?

And chi 123 your work permit expire yet?

Thank you so much

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Lakeshore said:
Hi there

I completed two year with my employer in June 2010. And then sent my pr+open workpermit on July 2010. They start processing on 15 Sep 2010.

After July 2010 I'm done the contact with my employer. I decided to live with my boyfriend waiting for open work permit. After July 2010, I'm not working anymore. Just wait for open work permit. But I waited 13 months already but I still didn't get it yet. The problem is my work permit expire in July 2011. It was expired already. What should I do?

And chi 123 your work permit expire yet?

Thank you so much
your on implied status you can wait until you get OWP or apply for a bridge exetension so you can renew you medicare and SIN. but its only for 2 months.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/information/applications/guides/5290EA.asp

3. Bridge extension

If you become temporarily unemployed, you may apply for a bridge extension.

A bridge extension is an interim work permit given to live-in caregivers whose work permit is about to expire and who are between jobs and have not yet found a new employer. The extension is usually for a period of two months. To apply, use the guide Applying to change conditions or extend your stay in Canada as a Worker (IMM 5553) and write “bridge extension” across the top of the form.

Also indicate your request for a bridge extension (and the reason) in section D 10. This application may be submitted at any time and will allow you to remain in Canada legally, but does not authorize you to work for a new employer.

Lakeshore

Feb 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
February 17, 2012
File Transfer...
April 16, 2013
Interview........
waiting
Bridge extension and Restoration status are the same or differrrent?

Thank you so much

Lakeshore

Feb 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
February 17, 2012
File Transfer...
April 16, 2013
Interview........
waiting
@Bambiegirl.

How's different? I'm not sure in my case I should do restoration or bridge extension or just wait?

Thank you so much