+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

processing time for open work permit. Help, what should i do?

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
Restoration is when you're out of status and you want to restore status in Canada. In your case, you are on implied status.

A bridge extension is an interim work permit given to live-in caregivers whose work permit is about to expire and who are between jobs and have not yet found a new employer. The extension is usually for a period of two months.

khrizzy

Aug 4, 2011
If you are one of us waiting for an OWP then your on IMPLIED status no need to pay or apply for a restoration or bridge extension. Its not our fault that CIC is uncapable of the JOB there suppossed to be doin. If they are having a backlog its not us LIC that needs to pay for it. each and everyone of us is jobless now for months, in debt, broke and might be living on the street in another month or 2 and cic doesnt care about that. They made changes on the PROGRAM and instead of making it better for all the LIC that already sacrifice a lot it just worsen the situation. And that is UNFAIR. Changes on the LCP might be better for new comers bcoz they know that they have 4 years even if the processing time for OWP will reach 20 months. but not for us LIC who worked hard all that 3 years in the program, we were left in the curb waiting without any warning or clear answer to why are they doin this to us. BACKLOG reason is not a plausable reason. Its just a reason to make a fool out of us.

Lakeshore

Feb 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
February 17, 2012
File Transfer...
April 16, 2013
Interview........
waiting
It was unfair for us. The process getting longer without reason. We did everything right. We completed 2 years for live in caregiver. What we can do for tough situation? T T

chi123

Oct 6, 2009
khrizzy, i like everything you said. THEY REALLY DON'T CARE about live in caregiver. same here, i cannot accept the BACKLOG reason, they do this kc alam nman nila n hindi tyo mkappalag, hindi tulad ng ibang lahi n may pagkkaisa. kyo wla. wlang mag welga.

miles19

Apr 14, 2012
chi123 said:
now its 15-16 months, im worry that next month it will be 20months, im just chasing that processing time.
that is why im tempted to accept the offer,of my previous employer, but when im thinking about the job and place, it makes me think twice.
i didn't change that employer for the reason that, before we have to accomplish 24 months within 3yrs, and i wasted 8months. and change of employer will take minimum of 3months. if i was only informed ahead of time, that they will change it into 4yrs.

how come they make alot of changes? :( are we not entitle to dream or plan for our future?

miles19

Apr 14, 2012
Hello everybody. NEEDED HELP ASAP.
I am already 4 years here in CANADA and they said I have a greater chance to send back home because after I completed my 24 months and I did not process my open permit after.In my first empoyer I only work 1 year and 7 months ,quited for some reason that my female employer always yelled at me 8 months before my 24 months is due.So I quited and find another family to sponsor me.I have waisted at least 8 months for this.When I completed my 24 months with the second employer I supposed to go home and get married but my visa didn't make it to the schedule my boss and I agreed last 2011 so we move this APRIL 2012.
I just wanted to get married first before processing my open permit.I jus got back from a vacation and I'm ready to process with my work permit.Now I have no idea and it didn't occur to me like most friends told me, I am over lapse with my 24 months and the immigration will send me home because I shoudn't waited 4 years to process.Now it scared mo to death,they said live in caregiver who completed 24 months must process not later than 4 years stays un CANADA, coz they said the 3 years minimum changed to 4 yers now.Help, AM I IN DANGER ZONE NOW?????

miles19

Apr 14, 2012
Hi There,
I arrived in Canada May 28,2008.My curent work permit expired on Sept.10,2012.My employer still want me to work for them for at least another contract.I am about to process my open permit now.Is this a big problem????
First employer I work from the day I arrived Canada May 28,2008 till Jan 11,2010. Unemployed from Jan 11,2010 till October at the same year.From October 2010 till now I still work with the same employer.And they are willing to keep me since their 3 kids 7 and 5 (twins) are still need to after.
My question is, am I in danger for not applying a my open permit till this time?They said my four years here as a live in caregiver already lapse.
Please reply.Thanks
Miles

riaivy1980

Jun 2, 2010
What are the employment requirements?
Hi miles, have you read the guidelines for live in caregiver? It's in the website of Cic. I just copied this one from guide 5290 for live in caregivers. I think we have to wait for seniors to answer but I've remembered a friend of mine, immigration already sent her a letter to leave canada because she's been here in Canada for 3 years And she havent completed the 24 months. This is in 2009 where immigration Canada would give us 3 years. But her work permit came and she was able to apply under humanitarian. I don't know how but maybe u could call Cic hotline to ask. Here is what I have paste from the guidelines.
"You must have completed a certain length of authorized full-time employment within 4 years from the date you entered Canada to be eligible to apply for permanent residence under the Live-in Caregiver Program.

There are two options for determining whether you meet the employment requirements of the Program; you will be required to select one of the following two options on the Document Checklist (IMM 5282)."

Having completed 24 months of authorized full-time employment as a live-in caregiver within four years from the date you entered Canada under the Live-in Caregiver Program, OR
Having completed a total of 3,900 hours (within a minimum of 22 months which may include a maximum of 390 hours of overtime) of authorized full-time employment as a live-in caregiver within four years from the date you entered Canada under the Live-in Caregiver Program.

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
It's ok when do you want to submit your PR application as long as you have all proof that you completed the requirements. It doesn't matter even if you are more than 4 years in Canada. I got that answer directly from the CIC immigration officer when we have an information session at one of the organization here in Montreal.

riaivy1980

Jun 2, 2010
wsongco said:
It's ok when do you want to submit your PR application as long as you have all proof that you completed the requirements. It doesn't matter even if you are more than 4 years in Canada. I got that answer directly from the CIC immigration officer when we have an information session at one of the organization here in Montreal.
oh! That's good to know! Before I was so worried that I can't finish my 24 months in 4 years cause I have change emPloyers many times. There you go miles, just gather all your requirements and u can submit it as soon as your ready.

miles19

Apr 14, 2012
Hi guys,
Thanks for the reply.Now I'm all releived.Yes, I have completed my 24 months even before 3 years in CANADA it's just that I did not apply my open permit not until I'm married in the PHILIPPINES and now I think I'm ready to go.I tried to call CIC many many times can't get through so the forum here help me a lot.Yes, I do understand that if you can't complete 24 months within 4 years from the day you arrived in CANADA you have a greater chance of sending back from your home country.In my case now I am waiting for my marriage contract fron NSO and my NBI.Lots of common friends told me that I am lapsed already (4 years) here and since I did not apply for open permit,my stay here is risky.Anyway, I still have a valid work permit until SEPT.10 2012, me and my employer agreed to stay with them so I can renew or extend my working permit with them soon.
Now another question is, HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE RENEWING A WORK PERMIT WITH THE SAME EMPLOYER?I heard it should be 30 days before expiration, but should I renew mine now?
Thanks...Your response is very much appreciated.

Miles

fhj1203

Star Member
May 18, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
27-07-2011
AOR Received.
22-10-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2011
Interview........
09-05-2012
Passport Req..
09-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2012
LANDED..........
09-05-2012
miles19 said:
Hi guys,
Thanks for the reply.Now I'm all releived.Yes, I have completed my 24 months even before 3 years in CANADA it's just that I did not apply my open permit not until I'm married in the PHILIPPINES and now I think I'm ready to go.I tried to call CIC many many times can't get through so the forum here help me a lot.Yes, I do understand that if you can't complete 24 months within 4 years from the day you arrived in CANADA you have a greater chance of sending back from your home country.In my case now I am waiting for my marriage contract fron NSO and my NBI.Lots of common friends told me that I am lapsed already (4 years) here and since I did not apply for open permit,my stay here is risky.Anyway, I still have a valid work permit until SEPT.10 2012, me and my employer agreed to stay with them so I can renew or extend my working permit with them soon.
Now another question is, HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE RENEWING A WORK PERMIT WITH THE SAME EMPLOYER?I heard it should be 30 days before expiration, but should I renew mine now?
Thanks...Your response is very much appreciated.

Miles

why don't you just apply for an open work permit,(now they said it's only 3 months to process,not sure though)then stay in your employer for another year if you really want to work there..the cic will not going to ask you why you choose to stay there..intead of renewing the work visa then open work later,it will cost more..

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
if you will apply now or before your wp expired. You dont have to renew your contract with your present employer. You owp will be enough to continue working with them or find a new job whatever you prefer. Make sure your passport is not going to expired soon. Bec they will issue you an owp based on your passport expiry. So renew that as soon as posible.

miles19

Apr 14, 2012
To fhj1203,
As what I read OWP takes 18 months this 2012 to process and they changed this rules just last DEC. 15,2011.The 3 months you said those who submitted AUGUST 2011.
Anyway, I guess I have to renew my working visa first with my current employer (expiring Set. 10,2012) since I'm still waiting for my marriage certificate and NBI from the Philippines then process my OWP as soonas I have these documents.

Thanks guys.
:)
Miles