+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for ICT work permit

rohanp141

Nov 11, 2020
Hello All,

I wanted to know if some one has applied ICT recently from India and has got it approved successfully. I have applied mine on Oct 27th, and have not received any news from my employer. How much time does it take for the approval. Also, the biometric are not opened in India, do we have to travel to the nearing countries to get the biometric done? If some one can shed some light on the ICT approval from India that would be really helpful

Biriyan

Oct 7, 2020
Hello All,

Anyone got approval for ICT WP applied in Aug from US? My employer applied ICT WP (with spouse open WP) in Mid August. Still waiting...

basebadger

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
There is an option called "change of contact information" in webform>Type of application/inquiry field, hope you went via that route..They also take care of your request , even if it is a general webform (Temporary application (applied online)> Temporary application (applied online)- work permit etc.).
Thanks @Midget @manjunathsr14 . I raised a webform as suggested by you guys and my company. They have actually created a PDF explaining it :)

Looks like its a general webform only which i submitted . Any idea how many days it takes them to respond or update the address . I am a little worried since they said to send passports in 30 days.

@manjunathsr14 , i think you got approval in Sep with same 30 days requirement. did raising webform takes away that 30-day rule.

Thanks

Sukhoi30

Aug 28, 2020
Hi All,
Got passport submission request yesterday for myself and family. Below are the timelines
ICT WP LIMIA Exempt , Application submitted : Last week of June
Biometrics done at US : 15th July
Decision Made on Application : 11th Nov
Got Passport Submission Request for Stamping: 11th Nov
Biometrics Correspondence : Same Date
Location WP filled for : Toronto
My current location and filled from: USA

Need to travel to Canada from US in few weeks with Family. Does anyone know do authorization required for family for travel from USA, if yes how to get authorization and does Covid test report also required to be submitted at Airport? Appreciate if anyone knows or can tag some one who has recently flown to Canada from US with family.
Appreciate your help . Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ang04

manjunathsr14

Jun 4, 2020
Thanks @Midget @manjunathsr14 . I raised a webform as suggested by you guys and my company. They have actually created a PDF explaining it :)

Looks like its a general webform only which i submitted . Any idea how many days it takes them to respond or update the address . I am a little worried since they said to send passports in 30 days.

@manjunathsr14 , i think you got approval in Sep with same 30 days requirement. did raising webform takes away that 30-day rule.

Thanks
In the response, they mentioned to ignore the 30 days timeline... They understand the current situation and are not holding us to the time limit.

Reactions: basebadger

baa_at

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Mine is an ICT, was submitted when I was in US back in April. I got original passport request in Sep from IRCC and now got the email for 2 way courier in India.
When you moved back to India, did you get the address changed in IRCC before approval?

Ang04

Sep 21, 2020
Hi All,
Got passport submission request yesterday for myself and family. Below are the timelines
ICT WP LIMIA Exempt , Application submitted : Last week of June
Biometrics done at US : 15th July
Decision Made on Application : 11th Nov
Got Passport Submission Request for Stamping: 11th Nov
Biometrics Correspondence : Same Date
Location WP filled for : Toronto
My current location and filled from: USA

Need to travel to Canada from US in few weeks with Family. Does anyone know do authorization required for family for travel from USA, if yes how to get authorization and does Covid test report also required to be submitted at Airport? Appreciate if anyone knows or can tag some one who has recently flown to Canada from US with family.
Appreciate your help . Thanks.
Congrats. Do you have a valid Canadian visitor visa on your passports?
The reason I ask is because some of us did not get PPR while others did, so trying to understand why that might be the case.

Ang04

Sep 21, 2020
Yeah, your lawyer is correct, as long as you have a valid visa (on your active passport) to enter, you are good to go.
HI guys, has anyone actually entered Canada for work using a visitor visa? My consultant thinks there's a risk (of entry refusal) in doing so.

Midget

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020

Thanks
I have crossed 30 days time on my PPR sometime back , hopeful to receive courier instruction letter soon from delhi VAC. Once webform for adrress change is submitted , it takes any where between 1-3 weeks for IRCC to confirm back with an information letter saying your address is updated and regional vac will contact you.

Sukhoi30

Aug 28, 2020
Congrats. Do you have a valid Canadian visitor visa on your passports?
The reason I ask is because some of us did not get PPR while others did, so trying to understand why that might be the case.
Thanks! No I did not had Valid Canadian Visitor visa.

lak171194

Oct 28, 2020
HI guys, has anyone actually entered Canada for work using a visitor visa? My consultant thinks there's a risk (of entry refusal) in doing so.
Does your lawyer think it is unusual/ unprecedented? Is it possible that they are making allowances to reduce back and forth with VFS during COVID?

Divyak1234

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
Hi,

My PR application is in process and due to covid its taking longer than 6 months.
my current country of residence is US and if my employer applies for work permit for me while my PR application is in process, will that be a rejected because of dual intent?