+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for ICT work permit

Midget

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Has anyone received an 'Information Letter" recently? i received one today...It basically says, applications are approved...is this different from approval letter?

Mine is an ICT GSS filed by myself from India. Got my BVL by Jul.
There is some thing called "passport request letter". That letter says (in summary) " A decission on your application has been made, we require your passport to finalize processing of your application, please provide your passport with a copy of this letter". If the information letter you received also has similar language, you are all set. As your application was filed from India , Delhi VAC will reach out to you soon with courier instruction letter.

manjunathsr14

Jun 4, 2020
I don't think, you will have to reapply for canada visa petition, the original application should continue. In you original application, you might have already indicated till what date you will be in USA (equals to visa expriy date or i94 expiry date) in work history section.
Yep, they will understand that due to the travel restrictions one might have stayed beyond the visa expiry but as long as you have all the details it is still fine. you don't have to resubmit anything.

Ang04

Sep 21, 2020
Hi all, I just got an approval letter from IRCC stating that work permit will be issued upon arrival in Canada. From the letter it looks like I won't get a PPR and that I am all set to travel. Has anyone got such a letter recently? I'd applied for ICT WP from US on June 10th

Sundar2019

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
There is some thing called "passport request letter". That letter says (in summary) " A decission on your application has been made, we require your passport to finalize processing of your application, please provide your passport with a copy of this letter". If the information letter you received also has similar language, you are all set. As your application was filed from India , Delhi VAC will reach out to you soon with courier instruction letter.
It says, "Your enquiry has been received. Applications for yourself and family members have been approved. Please be advised that we are not sending original passport request letters at this time. The responsible visa office may contact you with special instructions to submit your passport during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please continue to monitor your account for correspondence from our office. You are reminded that operations at the visa offices may be limited due to the ongoing concerns related to COVID-19. Once passport request letters or instructions are issued, the passport that will be used for travel to Canada should be submitted for visa issuance"

It is advisable to submit a webfrom request at this point to expedite PPR from Delhi VAC with some justification? Given the situation im unsure if they may take a longer time to send PPR/2-way courier instruction letter...

manjunathsr14

Jun 4, 2020
It says, "Your enquiry has been received. Applications for yourself and family members have been approved. Please be advised that we are not sending original passport request letters at this time. The responsible visa office may contact you with special instructions to submit your passport during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please continue to monitor your account for correspondence from our office. You are reminded that operations at the visa offices may be limited due to the ongoing concerns related to COVID-19. Once passport request letters or instructions are issued, the passport that will be used for travel to Canada should be submitted for visa issuance"

It is advisable to submit a webfrom request at this point to expedite PPR from Delhi VAC with some justification? Given the situation im unsure if they may take a longer time to send PPR/2-way courier instruction letter...
A webform wont help in this case is my feel, as they have already mentioned in this reply that responsible visa office will contact you. At this point all I can say is please be patient for a few more days and see if something comes your way. This whole situation is new to all and everyone is trying to work around it. All the best

lak171194

Oct 28, 2020
Hi all, I just got an approval letter from IRCC stating that work permit will be issued upon arrival in Canada. From the letter it looks like I won't get a PPR and that I am all set to travel. Has anyone got such a letter recently? I'd applied for ICT WP from US on June 10th
Hey I am in the same situation. Applied on June 12th. Got my approval, 15 days ago without PPR. Was asked to go to the customs with my passport and the approval notice to get my work permit. My lawyer stated that it is because I have a valid visitor visa to Canada and that is enough to enter the country. Do you have a visitor visa too?

Ang04

Sep 21, 2020
Hey I am in the same situation. Applied on June 12th. Got my approval, 15 days ago without PPR. Was asked to go to the customs with my passport and the approval notice to get my work permit. My lawyer stated that it is because I have a valid visitor visa to Canada and that is enough to enter the country. Do you have a visitor visa too?
Yes I do have a valid visitor visa. Are you in Canada now, or in the states?

basebadger

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Please submit a webform to notify IRCC that you have moved back to India and update your case with your India address. Once this is done IRCC will revert to you stating that they have updated your location and the local office will work on your case.

Delhi office will then send you an email with the details on how to avail their 2-way courier service. It roughly takes about 3-5 weeks for the whole sequence of events to complete and then another couple of weeks for the passport to be sent and returned back to you with the Visa stamping. Again these are indicative timelines and may vary.
Hey @manjunathsr14 quick question: I raised the webform today and updated the webform with new address. I hope thats what's required to be done?

however i didnt understand when you said to update the case with new address, did you mean webform only right? because i dont see any other option by which we can updated new address. Thanks for your advise.

Midget

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Hey @manjunathsr14 quick question: I raised the webform today and updated the webform with new address. I hope thats what's required to be done?

however i didnt understand when you said to update the case with new address, did you mean webform only right? because i dont see any other option by which we can updated new address. Thanks for your advise.
There is an option called "change of contact information" in webform>Type of application/inquiry field, hope you went via that route..They also take care of your request , even if it is a general webform (Temporary application (applied online)> Temporary application (applied online)- work permit etc.).

Last edited:

Midget

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
I have a qs for my friend, he has valid canada visa , he is in India, but his indian passport expires in next August. He will go for reissue of new passport, will passport seva kendra send the new passport for stamping the canada visa again or, friend has to go with both old and new passport when he travels to canada?

Midget

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020

I agree with Manjunathsr14, Webform may not help, as IRCC has already assured that your reginal VAC will reach out to you. Delhi VAC is trying to reach out to people who are waiting for their passport to be stamped/approval next steps. I heard from some sources (not verified), more and more people will receieve passport submission request/courier instruction letter in coming weeks, I am patiently waiting for that too:) When we waited this long, it is s'more! cheers!!

Reactions: manjunathsr14

Midget

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Yeah, your lawyer is correct, as long as you have a valid visa (on your active passport) to enter, you are good to go.

manjunathsr14

Jun 4, 2020

Yes, I meant the webform only. Any changes to your application after it has been filed is always done via a webform.

manjunathsr14

Jun 4, 2020
I agree with Manjunathsr14, Webform may not help, as IRCC has already assured that your reginal VAC will reach out to you. Delhi VAC is trying to reach out to people who are waiting for their passport to be stamped/approval next steps. I heard from some sources (not verified), more and more people will receieve passport submission request/courier instruction letter in coming weeks, I am patiently waiting for that too:) When we waited this long, it is s'more! cheers!!
Cheers!!! this is a first step from VAC to restart operations. It will still take some time for a process to be set definite timelines to kick in but until then we just have to go along the flow

Reactions: Midget