+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for ICT work permit

Sundar2019

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Folks, after the recent updates on VFS sites...has anyone that submitted ICT GSS from India received the approval letter/PPR recently?

bharashw

Oct 19, 2020
I received my passport request last week. Below is my timeliness. Application was filed under GSS
Applicatiin submission: June 4th
Biometrics submission: July 28th
Correspondence and passport request : Oct 8th
From where was your application filed? US / Canada ? If you are in US, did you / your company use Canada Attorney or US attorney ?

ampar

Aug 5, 2020
Deadline to enter Canada once the ICT Work permit is issued?

Hi guys,

Background:
My company applied for the ICT work permit (application was received by IRCC in April 2020, biometric was already done last year as I have a tourist visa). I got a passport request letter on 16th October.

Question:
The passport request letter states that you have to send the passport for stamping within 30 days from the date of the receipt of the passport request letter.
Similarly, is there any deadline to enter and start working in the Canada office once the passport is stamped?

Please help! Thank you! And, all the best for those who are waiting.

Sundar2019

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Deadline to enter Canada once the ICT Work permit is issued?

Hi guys,

Background:
My company applied for the ICT work permit (application was received by IRCC in April 2020, biometric was already done last year as I have a tourist visa). I got a passport request letter on 16th October.

Question:
The passport request letter states that you have to send the passport for stamping within 30 days from the date of the receipt of the passport request letter.
Similarly, is there any deadline to enter and start working in the Canada office once the passport is stamped?

Please help! Thank you! And, all the best for those who are waiting.
Was your application submitted by yourself from India?

Technically, you can travel anytime within your visa validity period

ritu24

Sep 29, 2020
Hi Guys,
Any update regarding the closed work permit submits in July from the United States.
My spouse closed work permit applied on July 9th,2020.
Biometric has done on July 29th,2020.
Now due to the expiration of the visa, we move to India from the USA
No updates till now, no correspondence regarding the submission of biometrics.

Reactions: yogesh23

Raggy

Aug 1, 2020
nt ago
Hi guys ! How did one apply for reconsideration , I have no one to turn to u seem to be a little help! Can u explain briefly how did u apply for reconsideration ??

basebadger

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Hi Guys,
Any update regarding the closed work permit submits in July from the United States.
Hey, Same timelines, Applied Jul1 , biometrics on Jul 20th, No updates till now,

Reactions: yogesh23 and ritu24

yogesh23

Jul 15, 2020
Hi Guys,
Same here, Applied on July 7, biometric around july 20 and still waiting ...

Reactions: ritu24

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
Anyone from India got final decision & passport request?

Akki99

Jul 22, 2020
NYC VAC. I opt in for their FedEx 2way service. It took a week from the initial email to get the shipping labels from them. I did not ask if I can arrange and use other courier service.
Hi, I have a question about TTS Consent Form, do we need to fill page 2 only on the form or the 4th page as well?

lak171194

Oct 28, 2020
Hi. This forum greatly helped me with my work permit journey. Thanks a lot. Here is my timeline
ICT GSS Skill Level A: Marketing Research (non COVID)- I do not know the NOC code
Application Submitted: June 12, 2020, USA
Biometrics: July 15, 2020

Three expedition letter sent through employer on webform during July and August- got a generic reply saying processing times are delayed
Moved to India and updated address: Oct 1st week
Biometrics Correspondence Letter and Approval letter: 27 October 2020
I was not requested a passport as I have a valid visitor visa. Can anyone confirm that passport stamping is not needed for applicants who already have a Canada visa counterfoil on their passport?

Reactions: ritu24 and Sukhoi30

visa_ca

May 9, 2020
I would appreciate if anyone can clarify if ICT and ICT-GSS are 2 different types of petitions. Do we need to file ICT GSS petition from Day 1 explicitly or a regular ICT petition will be automatically qualified as GSS at some point later based on eligibility.

Q1: Does the visa processing time start after primary applicants biometric is done or it will be pending until spouse biometric is also done
Q2: Is there an option to upgrade visa petition from ICT to ICT-GSS category explicitly (if they are different)
Q3: In case we run out of time on US visa and have to go back to India will the ICT petition still continue or we need to file a new petition from India and start all over again.

Sukhoi30

Aug 28, 2020
Hi. This forum greatly helped me with my work permit journey. Thanks a lot. Here is my timeline
ICT GSS Skill Level A: Marketing Research (non COVID)- I do not know the NOC code
Application Submitted: June 12, 2020, USA
Biometrics: July 15, 2020

Three expedition letter sent through employer on webform during July and August- got a generic reply saying processing times are delayed
Moved to India and updated address: Oct 1st week
Biometrics Correspondence Letter and Approval letter: 27 October 2020
I was not requested a passport as I have a valid visitor visa. Can anyone confirm that passport stamping is not needed for applicants who already have a Canada visa counterfoil on their passport?
Congratulations

Reactions: lak171194