+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for ICT work permit

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Is Biometrics what causes the delay for GSS visas? It looks like the process goes faster and smoother after biometrics. I have submitted mine for PR so that they're valid till 2029. Will it expedite by ICT GSS?

Reactions: PravinDeo

danilorniepes

Dec 20, 2017
Is Biometrics what causes the delay for GSS visas? It looks like the process goes faster and smoother after biometrics. I have submitted mine for PR so that they're valid till 2029. Will it expedite by ICT GSS?

Its not the Biometric. Its the Pandemic itself. A lot of the members here already get BVL months before still waiting for the decision

werehere

Jul 10, 2020
Today I received my GCMS notes. I requested it on August 06, 2020. I'm very surprised that I got it in ~21 days. I was frustrated by the whole covid induced delays on work permit and visa processing and wanted to see what is in the file. I recommend everyone to request GCMS notes. It is a good read.

What is the notes is surprising. My WP application seems to be approved on June 26 and they are holding passport request due to COVID. It is also explicitly written in one of the GMCS notes from CPC Edmonton officer. I've applied for GSS (LIMA-exempt) ICT work permit on Feb 28, 2020 from USA. I did biometrics on March 13, 2020. I've got the biometric validity letter on July 23, 2020.

The last GCMS notes says "Approved, counterfoil set to queue, PPT letter to be sent by VO". The due date is October 21, 2020. I'm hoping to get the passport request before that.

Hope this helps people who are waiting for updates.

Last edited:

Shubhangi18

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
Today I received my GCMS notes. I requested it on August 06, 2020. I'm very surprised that I got it in ~21 days. I was frustrated by the whole covid induced delays on work permit and visa processing and wanted to see what is in the file. I recommend everyone to request GCMS notes. It is a good read.

What is the notes is surprising. My WP application seems to be approved on June 26 and they are holding passport request due to COVID. It is also explicitly written in one of the GMCS notes from CPC Edmonton officer. I've applied for GSS (LIMA-exempt) ICT work permit on Feb 28, 2020 from USA. I did biometrics on March 13, 2020. I've got the biometric validity letter on July 23, 2020.

The last GCMS notes says "Approved, counterfoil set to queue, PPT letter to be sent by VO". The due date is October 21, 2020. I'm hoping to get the passport request before that.

Hi can you explain what this due date is all about?

werehere

Jul 10, 2020
Hi can you explain what this due date is all about?
It could mean nothing. Based on the information in the note, there is one pending outgoing mail described as "original passport request letter". It is created on July 23 and the due date is written as Oct 21, 2020 which is exactly 90 days. However 90 days is the default deadline given by IRCC to applications.

Furthermore, the BVL is created exactly on the same date and time as the passport request letter and also have the same "due date" in the system. However they sent it to me right away.

jazzfam

Jul 23, 2020
ICT GSS APPROVED and Passport Request Letter received. See below for timeline:
- Application submitted on April 20, 2020 from USA with NOC code: 0111
- Biometrics Submitted at ASC on July 13th
- Sent letter on August 14th to IRCC at email: IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca on Employer Letterhead and signed by Employer to expedite application due to critical nature of role in Canada
- Application Approved on August 18th (2 business days after sending employer letter) and received passport request letter

Please be hopeful and if you can get employer letter to expedite processing, your application can be approved in 2 days!

Which information did you submit in your email to IRCC aside from the letter, UCI, application number?

They said that they will not answer unless the email has ALL the information, and I want to make sure I include all the necessary information so that they will reply.

poppedpluto

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Which information did you submit in your email to IRCC aside from the letter, UCI, application number?

They said that they will not answer unless the email has ALL the information, and I want to make sure I include all the necessary information so that they will reply.
For sure - I had Application Type (mine was ICT Work Permit under GSS), Applicant Name, Applicant Date of Birth, UCI Number, Application Number, Country of Birth, Letter from employer (PDF attached to email). Hope you get your approval soon and keep us updated!

Reactions: haritosh82

Yqing237

Jun 12, 2019
For sure - I had Application Type (mine was ICT Work Permit under GSS), Applicant Name, Applicant Date of Birth, UCI Number, Application Number, Country of Birth, Letter from employer (PDF attached to email). Hope you get your approval soon and keep us updated!
Hi congrats. Btw did they reply to the email at all? Or did they just silently give you a surprise?

Sundar2019

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
I received my biometrics correspondence letter by 2nd week of Jul (for ICT) & i live in India. Can i order for GCMS? I read in GCMS FAQ "Any person who is legally staying in Canada can order GCMS notes"

Could someone advise? Thanks

KedarMann

May 27, 2020
I received my biometrics correspondence letter by 2nd week of Jul (for ICT) & i live in India. Can i order for GCMS? I read in GCMS FAQ "Any person who is legally staying in Canada can order GCMS notes"

Could someone advise? Thanks
Hi Sudar ,

Can you please help us with the below queries .
When did you apply?
Are you able to submit the biometrics due to current situation in india ?

Thanks in advance

rohtak

Star Member
Nov 13, 2016

Thanks for sharing this.
This is interesting and important information. Do u plan to raise WebForm to ask why you did not receive passport request yet ?